Do you associate yourself with a particular element?

Nyx

Morning y'all.

I have been looking at the incorporation of using different elements in order to aid my spell work. I often find that I don't use all elements in any given spell although I do have a tendency to use different elements to achieve a desired outcome. I find that I usually incorporate water into a lot of my work as it definitely helps me focus and makes me feel at ease. 

I also find the stereotypical links that I am a borderline Cancer/Gemini and it's clear that I am able to manipulate water far easier than other elements. I often find that when I am distressed or upset, I find myself near water and it's very handy that I live opposite the river.

Do you find yourself using a particular element - perhaps it comes naturally or you find it aids spells to your advantage? 

Guest monsnoleedra

I use water more than any other elemental aspect.  It is also the ruling aspect for me.  Consider that Neptune (water) and Jupiter (fire and water) are my ruling planets being born in the month of march. The break occurring about the 17th of march, I was born on the 16th,  so I fall under the rising influence of one (Jupiter) and the waning influence of the other (Neptune).  My zodiac sign is Pisces regardless of which alignment (Tropical Zodiac and Sidereal Zodiac) one uses. My career was the US Navy for 23 years.  My primary guides are Eastern Dragons which are water signs and alignment in oriental mythology,  My birthstone is Aquamarine which is a water stone connected to Neptune and / or Bloodstone which is often fire & Water and connected to Jupiter.  My place of solace is always a body of water, usually moving.

I am a cancer sign, but I'm not a typical water sign, I guess. I have a lot of leo in my natal chart-which is why I might relate to fire better. When it comes to the elements, I work with fire the most..whether it is in the form of candle magic, bonfires, or whatever. I relate to and connect with fire easily. Oh, water would probably be a close second though. I love the ocean and see a lot of power in it. I love walking along the edge of the ocean, where the ocean meets the land. I guess my ruling "planet" would be the moon, and I definitely feel connected to it and its phases.

I definitely resonate better with fire. I often find it difficult to truly focus on magical intent without a flame. It somehow focuses me. It's beautiful and also fascinates me. I think being a Sagittarius may have something to do with it. Second would be earth. :)

I love Fire and use it every chance I get.  I also love Air; letting the wind carry away. I use the Earth a lot for burying.... Wait, I love Water, too... ugh.

I started with fire.  OOOHHHHH  Fire Pretty!

Over the years I worked with Water and then Earth.  It's only recently that I was able to work with Air.  I was trying to hard.

Once I was able to work with all four elements I learned to combine them and work with them all at once.  This is real new to me and I'm still exploring it.  The range of what you can do from healing to utter destruction is mind blowing.

I am most definitely an Earth baby. I can and do work with all four elements but Earth comes most easily to me.

Earth and fire. When I was younger, I really related to water, but not so much anymore. Its meaning has morphed for me, before it was very emotional, lulling, and stabilizing in many ways. Now, it carries the silence of death and the unknown, and seems very "end of the line" to me. I'm learning water in a whole new way. Earth has always been easy - my grandma taught me from a young age to appreciate earth- and I find a lot of sanctuary there. However, fire did not feel close to me until I heard it "talk" to me, when I started spinning a few years ago. The energetic meditation and sure power it gives is intoxicating. Air, I still struggle with and have a hard time getting to "know". It seems like a powerful stranger, and while we are acquainted, I am rarely comfortable enough with it to work with it unless it's using all of the elements together, feeding off of one another.

Air, I still struggle with and have a hard time getting to "know". It seems like a powerful stranger, and while we are acquainted, I am rarely comfortable enough with it to work with it unless it's using all of the elements together,

I had the same problem.  I was trying too hard.  It's as simple as breath.

Perhaps I shall try a more simple approach? Fire can be so complex, perhaps my work with fire has sort of made me minimize air's simplicity?

I feel pretty balanced between fire, water, and earth, but if I had to pick one, it would be fire. My aries rising has got me into a lot of tight spots, but it has gotten me out of twice as many as well. And I must always have some kind of flame or candle going and feel like fire is the most powerful kind of purification for me. Now I'm starting to feel pouty that I don't have a fireplace (but hello summer firepit!)

I had the same problem.  I was trying too hard.  It's as simple as breath.

However, I see I am not the only person to totally SUCK at the air element. Sometimes I just really hate it. Although I have successfully done a bit of minor weather magic with air, and sometimes imbue things with my essence or intent using breath alone. People who are air signs make me suspicious (I don't base everything on astrology or anything, but I do notice patterns with people) and I just generally never really think about using air or relating to air in my workings. Of course, I expect that to slap me in the face one day until I do have a better relationship with it.  Maybe it's like RR says--I am trying too hard.

The next time it's a breezy day - go outside, find a comfy spot and close your eyes.  Feel the wind caress your face, lift your hair, etc.  It doesn't try.  It doesn't work at it.  It simply does.  And it does as it pleases within the whims of Mother Nature.

As an individual, I'm a 50/50 combination of Air and Water.  For witchy workings, I associate most comfortablly with Earth.

I definitely associate myself most with water. In my workings, I have used earth, air, fire and water all for different purposes. Earth and water do seem to have the most positive effect on me personally.

Archived