- - - - -

The Price of Admission, the Cost of Avoidance

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:34 PM

How terrible it seems to me to move from a comforting illusion in to the real world. Thrilling, yes - but terrifying, because you can never go back.

Yup.  Growing up is a bitch.

Just think of how many people out there don't consider these things.  They just flow with life and hope it works out ok.  To take control of your life, of your choices and decisions, to take conscious action knowing that there will be consequences is to live Authentically.  There is no greater life than to live according to your Truth.

It's a frightening precipice to stand on. 

Do you turn back?  Do you jump?  Do you stretch open your wings and rise on the Current? 

You want to experience life.  So many people turn a blind eye and just go with it.  We can never fully know the consequences of our actions.  Like throwing a pebble into a pond - you can never know just how the ripples will affect each grain of sand on the shore.  Once the water has calmed again - the bottom of the pond is forever changed.  That one simple pebble or choice has that much power.  Recognize the power in simplicity.

What you describe is living a Conscious Life. 

A conscious life requires that we take responsibility for our actions.  It does not mean that every choice will be easy.  Sometimes, the best we can do is to make the best decision we can with the choices that are placed before us.  Sometimes, those choices are not between good and bad or better or worse.  Sometimes, those decisions are between bad and worse, the lesser of two evils, bad and just plain bad.  In the end - all we can do is the best that we can.  Sometimes, our best doesn't seem good enough.  So, we trudge onward, make our choices, experience life and remember the lessons we learned along the way.  Life has it's ups and downs.  The one thing that you can always count on is that things will eventually change.  Change is our constant.  It's how we meet that change that defines who we are.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#22 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

I just came across this and thought it was perfect for this conversation:

e03b5cffcea6fce3b1ad6bb552fc8dcc.jpg

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#23 BrythonicWitch

BrythonicWitch

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:15 PM

I have nothing to add to this thread other than a heartfelt thank you to everyone who has posted so openly about their path and what they do. This thread has really struck a chord with me. Thank you for the inspiration. 

"These late eclipses in the sun and moon portend no good to us." - King Lear

"The croaking raven doth bellow for revenge." - Hamlet