Hit the sigil

RSKHFMY

#22 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:36 PM

Thanks Ravenshaw. Do you hit till it's powered up, then when you feel it's charged destroy it?

I'm glad I found this thread, feeling quite motivated to make a few sigils but give them proper thought and care this time, then jumble them in a bag and pick one at random in a couple of weeks. My worry is that I'm not very artistic at the drawing side of things. Might try the grid method rather than drawing - anyone found it useful? I'll report back on what methods work for me down the line, in case it helps anyone else.

#23 FrozenThunderbolt

FrozenThunderbolt

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:51 AM

W.I.P.S. - In my opinions Gordon White's methods of sigil magic are well worth a look.
Mods, I'll include a link to the relevant page of his blog here, I hope that this is ok?

"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one." You may call me Jed.  

#24 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:31 AM

Great page Thunderbolt - thanks for sharing. I love stuff that's informative AND funny. I liked Phil Hine's Condensed Chaos for the same reasons - it's very serious about the magic but he doesn't take himself too seriously in the book.

Edited by witchinplainsight, 11 August 2017 - 10:36 AM.

#25 FrozenThunderbolt

FrozenThunderbolt

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:45 AM

No worries!

I enjoy his style of writing too :)

On the occasions that I employ sigil magic, his methods are generally what I employ. Case in point . . .

Today I was on a school trip in a bus - the kids were writing on the fogged up windows so I joined them - made 'safe journey' and 'quiet children' sigil and flicked a bit of energy into them. Got almost to our destination and then were stopped by police and turned back to school due to a gas leak.

Back to school safely, so perhaps they were working (lets face it the 'quiet children' was up against it from the beginning!) :lol:

"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one." You may call me Jed.