#21 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:08 PM

Wow Heks.... you just blew my mind !!! 

Yes, I was.. very much so, especially when the artist pegged his name !!!  What wonderful and strange and wild lives we have. 

My guy isn't destructive, he is always a protector of me and my property. He watches strangers very closely. 

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#22 Heks

Heks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:11 AM

Right now, I believe in the power of drawing to effect change. My problem is that I don't know exactly what I want so I don't draw. I need to think first. But what I can do, is draw small changes which could - if taken together- effect a big change in the direction I know I want. Magic only works for me if I am 100 percent clear about what it is I want to achieve. Kind regs
"One's own house, though small, is better,
For there thou art the master.
It makes a man's heart bleed to ask
for a midday meal at the house of another."

(35 Havamal, Edda)

#23 Nyx

Nyx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:08 AM

I am jealous of the divination talent that you possess. 

I have a great belief that divination comes in a variety of transitions. Yours for example, is art. I know someone who is able to foresee through interpretation of dance. I believe that mine comes in my dreams whereas I know other who are fairly gifted and can just 'get the divination' by sitting there and thinking hard about things.

I absolutely love and appreciate the variety of talents that people have within the art of divination! 

"Let us sleep for in dreams we enter a world that’s entirely our own.
Let us swim through the deepest ocean or glide over the highest cloud."

#24 Wren

Wren

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:28 AM

I just wanted to add a "me too" to this discussion.  A friend of mine had cajoled me into trying my hand at being a Tarot reader a while back.  In order to give the people their money's worth, i'd usually draw my impressions before the actual reading.  This sometimes took the form of symbolic representations of stuff going on in their life, words, pictures of people or other things.  Sometimes the drawings got very specific.  I found that it helped me more to tune into the client than as a separate form of divination.  Although, i guess it could have been a standalone thing, because I used the drawings in some readings.