• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Heks

Heks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:27 AM

I was sitting at a table at work in the nursery and gave the children paper and pencils for free drawing. I picked up a pencil and, whilst chatting to my dear friend from Denmark (who knew what my tattoo meant and who knows about spirits and magik and who has a brother interested in that and who appeared in my dream) about her upcoming holiday back home, I started drawing a mountain cliff and seagulls and grass and wind. I drew a small village at the top of a winding path. I told her 'this is for your brother' and she nearly screamed as it's where he lives. I told her the harbour cannot be seen from the village on top of the mountain. She shook her head and said she couldn't believe it. I said it is windy and pointed out a small market place in the village. She said she'd give it to him. Another day, I was talking to my friend and colleague Mary. I started drawing. When I finished, she exclaimed that she couldn't believe it, as I drew her auntie Mary's house in Ireland, near a river and opposite a cemetary. I drew this as seen from a bedroom window; the bedroom is like the auntie's room. I drew a box. It seems it is where her Auntie keeps her deceased friends' funeral remembrance cards. Now, I use drawing to find out my subconscious thoughts and wants. I also use it now to effect change, although this is still a work in progress. Hope I posted this in the right place. Kind regs to all
"One's own house, though small, is better,
For there thou art the master.
It makes a man's heart bleed to ask
for a midday meal at the house of another."

(35 Havamal, Edda)

#2 Raineylane

Raineylane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

Wonderful talent you have there Heks!

#3 travsha

travsha

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:30 PM

Sounds really cool - thank you for sharing that!  Awesome that you could be so accurate!

#4 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

Great stuff Heks! (I wish I could draw, period - but that talent I don't have)

#5 Lynn

Lynn

I've been InBetween

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:24 PM

Nifty!  :)  I have done drawings to try and unlock my subconscious, but haven't tried in a while because I seemed to be getting stuck, my drawings just meh.   But anyway, thank you for posting this.  Its been a while since I tried to do this.  Not sure if I will or not, but it is good to read about it.

'When in danger, when in doubt, Run in circles, scream and shout" Robert Heinlein.
"Women and cats will do as they please, men and dogs need to relax and get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein

"In Wildness is the preservation of the World." Henry David Thoreau

#6 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:12 PM

That is very cool.

Any ideas on how you'll change over from drawing what you 'see' to using your drawers to create?

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#7 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:43 PM

Thank you for sharing Heks!

I have seen posts before regarding people who draw images of how something is currently, then go back and modify the picture to how they would like things to be. This seems like it could be a very powerful form of working if you connect with the process of drawing. I have heard of people using drawings in a multitude of ways in spellwork, but this is the first time I have heard of drawing to divine! It reminds me of the character on Heros who would paint scenes from the future.

I feel this skill may be related to people who write in order to effect change. However, I have never heard of someone writing a short story to divine. I think it is very interesting the kind of magical skills that will surface when we are engaged in meditative and creative pursuits.

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#8 JustJest

JustJest

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:21 AM

Is the pencil the medium of choice for the ones that use art as a form of divination or have you ever used different ones such as oils pastels etc... And also if you ever attempted it on canvas? I do draw and paint but never tried divination through this means.

#9 Heks

Heks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:52 AM

Thanks for all your replies; the first time I did this, it happened spontaneously. The next time I tried to focus my mind on my friend's brother (I know nothing about him except that he is interested in the occult and lives in Denmark) and I drew where he lives. My drawings are not artistic (sorry) but xhildlike. I don't have artistic talent but the pencil starts to emanate vibrations as I hold it x

(35 Havamal, Edda)

#10 JustJest

JustJest

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:14 PM

Thanks for all your replies; the first time I did this, it happened spontaneously. The next time I tried to focus my mind on my friend's brother (I know nothing about him except that he is interested in the occult and lives in Denmark) and I drew where he lives.
My drawings are not artistic (sorry) but xhildlike. I don't have artistic talent but the pencil starts to emanate vibrations as I hold it x

Ah so it's as I somewhat thought the medium could be anything. So they are both sporadic and focused? if you don't mind answering that is.

#11 Heks

Heks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:34 PM

Yes it seems I need to be feeling close to the person for it to work. I felt close to both my colleagues. When I touch my Danish colleague's hand, it feels like I touch my Mum's hand! Very strange. And I have an affinity with Irish people.

(35 Havamal, Edda)

#12 Heks

Heks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:37 PM

My other colleague I drew for is of Irish origin. She says I am psychic. I don't like labels.

(35 Havamal, Edda)

#13 Anara

Anara

aspire beyond fear of death (Bhairavi)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:59 PM

Heks, I think the talent you have shared is cool. I would say you are definitely psychic...lol...JMO :)

I don't think it matters that your drawings are childlike or "not artistic" either. They are still accurate!

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return." ~ Leonardo Da Vinci

#14 Raineylane

Raineylane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

Heks, have you tried automatic writing?  Sounds like you'd have a natural talent for it, if you were so inclined.

#15 JustJest

JustJest

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:41 PM

Honestly as far as the artistic ability goes I think that's in the eyes of the person viewing it. In fact some of the most beautiful in my opinion some would consider childlike, not trying to derail the topic just wanted to put my input on this little note.

#16 Havilland

Havilland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

I've done something similar before. I was working with a friend whom was new to accepting the craft. She had my lunatic neighbor upstairs telling her a number of things about how to reach out to her ancestors so I pulled her aside and told her I would help her.  After working on a witches ladder for her, I felt inspired to sketch one night.  I texted her a picture of what I sketched and told her I believed this to be the ancestor who had been nudging at me. She kind of freaked out, not because of the picture, but there were certain characteristics - such as specific facial paint I had drew - that were recognizable to her. She has photos of herself as a child where she had painted her face in the exact same manner.

Anyway, it was enough of a bridge that she was able to really accept that she could connect with the ancestor and my job was soon done. 

#17 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:11 AM

Heks & Havilland, those are cool accounts about drawing for divination.  

I had a reverse experience with an artist.

Since childhood I've had the spirit of a young boy with me. When he wants to be seen, he always pops up in a corner. (Nobody puts Baby in the corner)

One evening, an artist friend of my mom's was visiting. While she and I were chatting, the boy showed up. I gave him a nod and he smiled back.

The next morning, a pencil drawing of him was left for me on the kitchen table.

I phoned my mother's friend, who claimed no memory of sketching the boy, just that knew she had to give the drawing to me.

She didn't 'see' him, but she saw him.  

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#18 Lynn

Lynn

I've been InBetween

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:14 PM

Heks & Havilland, those are cool accounts about drawing for divination.  

I had a reverse experience with an artist.

Since childhood I've had the spirit of a young boy with me. When he wants to be seen, he always pops up in a corner. (Nobody puts Baby in the corner)

One evening, an artist friend of my mom's was visiting. While she and I were chatting, the boy showed up. I gave him a nod and he smiled back.

The next morning, a pencil drawing of him was left for me on the kitchen table.

I phoned my mother's friend, who claimed no memory of sketching the boy, just that knew she had to give the drawing to me.

She didn't 'see' him, but she saw him.  

Nikki, that's freakin cool. :)  So she didn't remember the act of drawing the boy, but remembered the drawing existing and giving it to you?

'When in danger, when in doubt, Run in circles, scream and shout" Robert Heinlein.
"Women and cats will do as they please, men and dogs need to relax and get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein

"In Wildness is the preservation of the World." Henry David Thoreau

#19 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:40 PM

Nikki, that's freakin cool. :smile:  So she didn't remember the act of drawing the boy, but remembered the drawing existing and giving it to you?

EXACTLY. 

On the phone I asked her if she could give him a name, what would it be. She answered with the boy's name. I nearly dropped the phone. 

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#20 Heks

Heks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:29 AM

Wow Nikki, that is sooooo amazing! I would have been freaked out and excited at the same time. I remember the spirit of a child, a boy called Tom or Tim. He followed me home from work one day. He tore posters off the wall. I communicated with him through Tarot. He stayed there when I moved to another house. I miss my old house so much. But yes this is awesome x

(35 Havamal, Edda)