2 replies to this topic

#1 JustJest

JustJest

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

I eyeball all of my ingredients so please be careful to not over season.
Prep time 4-6 hours for marinade/ dressing to soak. I usually leave it in the fridge overnight.
Ingredients
Small tomatoes(if you prefer, I am not big on tomatoes so I personally don't use it for myself.
2 fresh lemons
2-4 chicken boneless chicken breasts. For the salad I would recommend tenderizing these very well and cutting them into small chunks
A cup of Extra virgin olive oil this ( evoo is just my preference you can substitute this with your preferred oil)
Half to whole tsp of Thyme (fresh if possible but dried will work with any of the herbs if you can't/don't want to use them)
Half tsp of oregano
A half to a whole red onion
Salt and pepper
Hot sauce, not much just a little dab or two. I wouldn't use more then half or whole tsp at most.
Lettuce, if making the salad. Iceberg works fine though I do enjoy Romaine.
Cheese if you prefer, a dry cheese would be good.
Mixing boll and a ziplock bag ( somewhere you can let the chicken marinate)
A smidgen of paprika
( the innards of a jalapeño this is only if you want your chicken a bit spicy or if you're really bold you can put some gloves on and use the inside of a Habanero. If you use either one of these please don't disregard the left over of the pepper it will be used when cooking the chicken.)
Well I juice both of the lemons( and use a small bit of the rind, well zest I should say although this is optional)
After adding the the olive oil add in 3-7 tbsps of the lemon juice in the mixing bowl proceed with adding your oregano, thyme, hot sauce E.g Louisiana hot sauce, Innards of pepper if you opt for it. Paprika and a small zest of the lemon. Pour some of the mixture in a ziplock bag and add in the tenderized meat. Let it set from four to six hours in the fridge. ( the other portion of the mixture can be used as a dressing for the salad if you like, if not you can use the whole contents for the marinade)
Dice half to whole red onion depending on size and your take on onions. Also, you can dive the remains of the pepper if you used it.
Since I usually cook this in a stir fry method (except when grilling) I add a small bit of oil to the frying pan then diced onion and pepper, if you opt for the peppers and empty the contents of the ziplock bag into the skillet and cook on high to medium heat until the chicken is thoroughly cooked adding salt and pepper as needed for flavor. After you finished cooking the chicken, onion, and pepper. Shred the lettuce and mix in the small tomatoes. Add the lettuce and tomatoes to a bowl and add the chicken onion and pepper to the bowl sprinkle the cheese on top and you can use the marinade or dressing of your choosing and enjoy.

I cannot remember where the original recipe was found but I did change it into my own style or twist so to speak. I have been making it for years now and I love it. I hope some of you enjoy it as well.

#2 Roanna

Roanna

She of the spiders and degus...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:25 PM

I cannot remember where the original recipe was found but I did change it into my own style or twist so to speak. I have been making it for years now and I love it. I hope some of you enjoy it as well.

Sounds good to me. I like it when people share recipes and usually have a go if they sound yummy  (well... Imake my husband have a go if I'm truthful...) so I'll look forward to trying this!

Do what you believe to be the right thing and trust yourself.

Witchpathforward My website incorporating "Ask a Witch a Question," my blog and websites of witchy interest.

#3 JustJest

JustJest

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:19 PM

Here is one of the pictures of the finished product well one I made awhile back at least.

Finished product of the lemon peppered chicken salad
Album: Finished Cooking
1 images
0 comments