21 replies to this topic

#21 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

I misread the instructions, thought it said throw three times and see if you get one of the totals.  I got an 11, then 7, then 3 so I take it it's my choice? lol

My understanding was that you had three chances to get one of the special totals. The first time you get a special total, you have your answer.

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#22 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:24 PM

Thanks Wex my brain's a bit foggy at the moment lol.

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore