3 replies to this topic

#1 RavenFlyer

RavenFlyer

Backwoods Witch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

So as I am snowed in, and that usually makes me want to bake. (well I've been in a baking mood lately anyway). I decided to make peanut butter fudge last night. I found a recipe by Alton Brown on the food network website. It was quick, easy, and tasty.

8 oz. unsalted butter

1 cup peanut butter

1lb confectioners sugar

1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Grease a glass pan 8X8, or whatever size you are wanting to use depending on how thick you like your fudge

combine the butter and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for two minutes, and stir.

microwave it again for two more minutes

When it is bubbling add the confectioners sugar and vanilla.

Stir until it the sugar is combined, and the mixture looses its sheen and becomes stiff and hard to stir.

Pour the mixture into the greased pan, and smooth it out.

Cover with parchment paper or aluminum foil and refrigerate for two hours.

After it has hardened slice, and enjoy!

My ETSY store:

Appalachian Witchery http://www.etsy.com/...lachianWitchery

#2 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

This sounds delicious

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#3 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:17 PM

Sounds easy and awesome, I may make some of this tonight. :) Thanks for sharing! 

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#4 Galen

Galen

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:15 AM

That does sound tasty. Think I'll beg the Mrs. to make some. I can't cook to save my life; I have been known to burn cereal :sad: