3 replies to this topic

#1 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:09 PM

As most of you know I work the Harvest. My supper time is 3 hours later than I normally eat. I came up with this Salad and Dressing to go with it, as I didn't want to feel " stuffed " when returning to my position at work. I ate this Salad every day and I mean every day ( 7 days a week ) from September to the end of November. To be honest, I wasn't trying to lose weight at all, but somehow I lost 2 pant sizes. I attribute this from this Salad.

You can change it up to suit your tastes very easily.

I use Romaine Lettuce leaves, chopped. ( You can add fresh spinach as well ) the key is the Greener the lettuce the more nutrients it has. No brainer there.

I add about a cup of Chicken strips seasoned with Fajita spices ( baked and cut into strips )

3-4 Tablespoons of toasted Sesame seeds.  Toasting them releases their oils, giving it a buttery flavor.

This recipe makes about a Pint of Salad Dressing, refrigerate to keep it cold, and Shake WELL before pouring.

2/3 C. Sugar 
1/3 C. Apple Cider Vinegar with the " Mother "
2 T. finely chopped onion
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 tsp. paprika
4-5 drops bottle hot pepper sauce
1 C. Canola Oil
3-4 T. toasted sesame seeds.

Combine sugar and vinegar; blend in onion, salt, Worcestershire, mustard, paprika and hot pepper sauce. Gradually add salad oil, beating constantly with a rotary beater or electric mixer till thick, stir in the Sesame Seeds. I like to add some dried chives and parsley from my garden to this, and a little pinch of garlic.

Now I build my salad, I take a couple of leaves and chop them, I add one of those little Clementine oranges but you can use mandarins or cut strawberries as well. Add chicken strips. I've not done this with anything but chicken but you could use turkey as well.  Dressing to coat, and toss. If you want *crunch* add some flavored croutons.  If you're watching your carbs you can omit that. Play with it, if you want more * heat * add a few more drops of pepper sauce. Less sweet, reduce the sugar.

This salad and dressing is what I eat for lunch now, every day. Honestly I feel better, and dropped 2 pant sizes, and wasn't even trying as this is so filling and satisfying as well.

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#2 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

Thanks CG

#3 Raineylane

Raineylane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:57 PM

This sounds really good!  Can't wait to try it.

#4 Lucea's Child

Lucea's Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

Sounds yummy!  Thanks for sharing!

“One doesn't discover new lands without consenting
to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.”

— Andre Gide