61 replies to this topic

#21 Davenport

Davenport

Witch Of The Seven Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:09 AM

I love Rose McGowan, and tried to watch Charmed because of her, but just couldn't. I did love her in Jawbreaker, The Doom Generation, and everything else she has done. 

Doom generation! Eat my fuck. love that movie. 

#22 RavenFlyer

RavenFlyer

Backwoods Witch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:16 AM

Doom generation! Eat my fuck. love that movie.

Haha eat my fuck! That's an interesting phrase. Not sure what it means though.

My ETSY store:

Appalachian Witchery http://www.etsy.com/...lachianWitchery

#23 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:20 AM

:rofl:  :rofl:

#24 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:28 AM

For some reason, I do not like watching shows that are even loosely based on tragic, historical events . . . Titanic, as example.  This might be worth a look, but no matter how much time has passed, I end up thinking that it is somehow dishonoring those who lost their lives.  Weird, I know.  Guess I'll have to watch a bit to see how it makes me feel. :)

#25 Chloe

Chloe

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:42 AM

Got to give it to them though, they turned a horribly tragic event into one of the "greatest" love stories where the horrid reality of thousands of ppl dying was outdone by two lovers being torn apart by frozation (my new word of the night lol).

#26 peterwitch

peterwitch

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:59 AM

Give it a try if you haven't watch it. Its like the dark magic and really interesting. Anyone still watching this? Because salem is getting interesting!

#27 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:22 PM

I finished Season 1, it is ok. The Grand Rite.... Malum... :vhappywitch:

"Some People Have A Gift For Stupidity, An Almost Mystic Ability To Withstand Any Form Of Logic"

output_dLSIE3.gif

#28 peterwitch

peterwitch

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:51 PM

The second season is getting interesting OC, this is the dark series that I really like

#29 OCEANOS

OCEANOS

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:35 PM

The second season is getting interesting OC, this is the dark series that I really like

I have not watch the second season yet, will try to find it online then.

"Some People Have A Gift For Stupidity, An Almost Mystic Ability To Withstand Any Form Of Logic"

output_dLSIE3.gif

#30 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:59 PM

I watched the entire first season, but the main character (Mary?) annoyed me so much. I get her character motivation but I feel like 90% of the time she was standing still with a stony face and had tears in her eyes. Like seriously, watch season 1 again and that is what she is doing almost all of the time. I think there is good potential there so I will be watching season 2 whenever I find the time for it.

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#31 CailinRua

CailinRua

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:30 PM

HAHAHA you are right!!! They are really trying to drive home her steely resolve and power with bitch face and smizing. Its not necessary, but I enjoy it haha

#32 RavenFlyer

RavenFlyer

Backwoods Witch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:56 AM

I am in love with Salem!

I am also in love with Penny Dreadful. Season 2 they have introduced a group of witches!

My ETSY store:

Appalachian Witchery http://www.etsy.com/...lachianWitchery

#33 HeathenWitch

HeathenWitch

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:24 PM

Season 2 is much better than season 1.

Edited by HeathenWitch, 13 May 2015 - 06:24 PM.

#34 bronzewolf

bronzewolf

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:48 AM

It's OK the set is cheap and mostly shot in the dark and feels claustrophobic being monoscened mist of the time. I felt the last episode of season one was rushed. Throughout the season there is this huge build up to the grand rite and then when it happened it was like 'oh is that it' it felt like an anticlimax. I'm looking forward to the next season though

#35 Crow59

Crow59

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:25 AM

I'm hooked on this show. Season 2 is much stranger than season 1 was. Call me weird, but the stranger it gets, the more I like it.
"There are truths on this side of the Pyrenees which are falsehoods on the other" - Blaise Pascal
"But sometimes the intent is to harm." - Me

#36 bronzewolf

bronzewolf

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:04 PM

im on episode 12 season 2 and yes season two is better than season one. When i first began Salem it was a bit too dark for me but ive grown accustomed to it and bcs im just learning about witchcraft etc, they are showing and talking about things that im learning right now about so its interesting....

#37 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:04 PM

Surprisingly I like this show a lot. I started watching this season and liked it so much I went back and watched season 1 on Netflix. It's dark and I like that about it- I assumed (quite wrongly) that it was going to be based on the more "historical" aspects of Salem, but I kinda like the storyline.
I see you're getting your degree in art of the obvious~myself
Without music life would be a mistake~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time~ H.L. Mencken
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#38 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:35 PM

I am getting pissed off about the shitty jargon. "I am the Samhain of the witches!" ....wtf are you talking about, girl? The Widdershins! Really?

RSKHFMY

#39 Crow59

Crow59

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:45 AM

I am getting pissed off about the shitty jargon. "I am the Samhain of the witches!" ....wtf are you talking about, girl? The Widdershins! Really?

I know, right? You'd think they'd have a technical consultant or something. If they want to throw some real "witchy" words into the dialog fine, but PLEASE use and pronounce them correctly.

"There are truths on this side of the Pyrenees which are falsehoods on the other" - Blaise Pascal
"But sometimes the intent is to harm." - Me

#40 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:12 PM

Good to know I'm not the only one who thought that's what I heard him say!! I told my hubby..."ummm if he's saying what I think he's saying, that's a direction" :laugh:

I see you're getting your degree in art of the obvious~myself
Without music life would be a mistake~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time~ H.L. Mencken
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo