Something to try if it's freezing outside

Wexler

http://distractify.com/culture/arts/frozen-bubbles-in-wintertime/

We could never do it here, but it looks like blowing soap bubbles when it's below freezing outside can have some neat results. The article has a few photos that a mom and son took while having fun in the icy cold.

bubble1.jpg

I can't think of a magical use for frozen soap film, but it sure is nice to look at!

Beautiful photography and really cool idea. I will be doing this today. Mainly just because I want to practice my photography but maybe I'll figure out some magical use for it as well. :)

We could never do it here, but it looks like blowing soap bubbles when it's below freezing outside can have some neat results. The article has a few photos that a mom and son took while having fun in the icy cold.

bubble1.jpg

I can't think of a magical use for frozen soap film, but it sure is nice to look at!

Beautiful!!!

Having used Bubbles for a spell, I can attest to their magnitude.  Never thought to take it to another level and work with frozen ones though, may just be interesting and amusing at the same time.

Personally, I'll never underestimate the Baneful Bubble again.   :wink:

Regards,

Gypsy

That's beautiful! Another cool thing you can try is throwing hot water into the air and watch it turn to steam. DH and I tried it out a couple days ago when the temperatures dropped to -25C.

That's beautiful! Another cool thing you can try is throwing hot water into the air and watch it turn to steam. DH and I tried it out a couple days ago when the temperatures dropped to -25C.

Random thought - if you dye the water with something, will the steam be colorful too? That might be pretty cool to see.

Just wanted to update that the bubble thing didn't work for me. It was really cold when I tried it but I used crappy store bought bubbles so maybe that's why. I think I may try to make my own when it gets back down into freezing temps.

I think it does. I had a video of someone doing that pop up on my Facebook a few days ago and someone commented that they should have put dye into the water to make the steam colorful. The person in the video actually had the great idea of using a plastic water gun. It was pretty cool.

bubble1.jpg

Thank you for sharing this!  I've been looking for an excuse to go out and play when it's freezing out. :)

Archived