83 replies to this topic

#81 FrozenThunderbolt

FrozenThunderbolt

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:00 AM

Hmmm - Dried dung beetles would be one of my more original ideas.

They are everywhere on our land (which is a nice direct link) and do love to come inside and die on the windowsills. They are single minded, and industrious creatures so I feel their 'mojo' would not be easily worn out or distracted.

I'm going to use them to make protections that 'drag down and compost'  negative energy (my own or others sent my way) much like the little chappies do with shit.

This feels more comfortable to me than a standard 'witch bottle' that feels to me more like an 'accumulator' than a shield, though I realize my view of this is not the most common one.

"Jack of all trades, master of none, though oftentimes better than master of one." You may call me Jed.  

#82 MuireAnne

MuireAnne

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:08 PM

I always keep certain things that belonged to people that I love. My father died suddenly when I was a teenager. I have a key that he carried in his wallet. I have no idea what the key unlocked but that's not the point. I feel like it connects me to him in a way and I use in my practice to that end.

I have kept a few of my children's baby teeth in a little box. I haven't used them for anything yet but thought that they would be valuable for a protection spell or a locating spell if I ever needed it.

Photographs, letters, locks of hair, jewelry, pocket ephemera like my dad's key ..certain objects just whisper to me. I keep them when this happens. And eventually their purpose becomes evident!

True magic is neither bad nor good. It is both, because nature is both; loving and cruel all at the same time. The only good or bad is in the heart of the witch. Life keeps a balance on its own. - Lirio

#83 witchinplainsight

witchinplainsight

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:11 PM

I have a really unusual medal belonging to a great relative. It's connected to nature and I would love to think of a way of using it. Maybe for ancestor contact because I am pretty clueless about that stuff.

#84 Yex

Yex

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:05 AM

I have some lunisolar water that I steeped with silver and gold, and then charged recently during the recent total eclipse of the sun. I'm really sure what I'll use it for yet, but possibly either some sort of visionary work, or some sort of healing work.

I have an Eastern Orthodox icon of Our Lady of Bethlehem (I'll attach an image I found online that's pretty close to what it looks like). I that I charged on the Stone of Anointing (a stone traditionally thought to be in the spot where Jesus' body was prepared for burial by Joseph of Arimathea) in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem. When you go there, there are all sorts of pilgrims laying various items on the stone and praying over them to bless them. I use mine as a general protective amulet on my altar. 

I think I'm going back to Israel and Palestine this fall, and I plan to gather some grave dirt from my great-grandfather's grave on Mount of Olives (thought to be the oldest continuously used cemetery in the world, with the oldest graves dating back 3000 years to the First Temple period). I'll put this on my ancestor altar, and may also use some for necromantic spellwork of some sort.

I also have a piece of a meteoroid and an ammonite fossil, both purchased in a shop. They've been hanging out on my altar for some time, but I haven't really felt called to use them for anything yet. They both feel so "out there" that I'm kind of at a loss for how to work with them, and I feel like I should wait until just the circumstances present themselves. 

Attached Files

Edited by Yex, 25 August 2017 - 02:08 AM.