83 replies to this topic

#41 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

Although I have not employed them yet, I have a glove box full of ketchup packets that I imagine would be excellent for "squashing" people or their stupid ideas.

Or, if you get bored, you could put them between the bowl and the seat on the toilet in the bathroom at school. :D

#42 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

Or, if you get bored, you could put them between the bowl and the seat on the toilet in the bathroom at school. :biggrin:

Ewwwwwwwwww..... :roflhard:

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#43 Apryl

Apryl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:15 AM

...Of those who have responded with things they own and/or have found, I am wondering if they might go back and give some examples of how they might use those items in future spells, if they haven't already done so...

...anyone can say "I found a rock", but the Craft is about the application.  The thread specifies "ingredients", so . . .

Good point, J, thanks! I was on the train of thought that the little things that are common to many may seem unique or exotic to others, especially those new to the craft, but you bring up a valid point. Action counts for everything and I got a bit off topic or just didn't really back it up. I can do that, lemme see... :thinking:

The snakeskin is being used in a glamour spell. The shedding of old skin is the thought process there.

Finger/toe nails, hair, tears, blood, skin, urine are tag-locks for both boon and bane and as many other threads mention, urine and iron to "mark my territory", as it were. Obviously not the only protections I use but a general idea of some methods I have, or do, use them for.

I'm using the petrified wood in a spell designed to "petrify" the actions of a certain person, were certain criteria not met. It should take one full lunar cycle for me to slowly spell it out, as she can be really dense, like petrified wood (I don't usually have the patience this will take, but the situation is delicate and I'm determined. Normally I would do something more harsh, and probably off the cuff, because I'm pretty lazy, I want instant gratification (always) and this little twat pisses me off to no end! :wallbash: ). A more intense working, hex or binding, etc. just doesn't fit this situation and will potentially hurt innocents. It is what it is. We'll see if she can behave. (Think about petrified wood: it's endurance, it's change from wood to stone, the decay of organic materials, the iron oxides (mine's reddish brown, which could be relevant for color or other things, but I'm leaning toward it's commonality with the iron and oxygen in blood), not to mention the pure amount of time it takes for it to "become", relevant to how long this will last if she doesn't comply. There are so many other things but I'm not willing to go any further into it here.  

Wex (I think): I know the thread you're talking about, thank you, and in my own disjointed way, I was referencing it  :thumbsup: . For anyone wishing to see what those particular items can be used for, they can look up the thread, as it contains much valuable information, ie: using pepper packets for a hex on the go or honey to sweeten someone's disposition toward you.  Lots of good stuff there. I too use birthday candles to burn, but I have also used them to make a quick effigies. Crayons make for a quick candle in a pinch too but the wax from either can be used as a lubricant of sorts to "smooth" out something prickly or "rough" or to use as a "filler" (thing ridge filler, bondo, etc...). Don't know if that makes sense to anyone else.  :confused:

We have some very craft witches here, pun fully intended.

Edited because the editor won't allow me to use what I wanted to without unwanted emoticons coming up! Ugghhh!

Edited by Apryl, 02 February 2014 - 02:27 AM.

#44 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:29 AM

Re: petrified wood.  There is a shop, not far from my home, that sells petrified wood, pieces of meteorites, and other geological type finds.  At one time, I thought that the items might come in useful for some type of spell, but everything felt so strange and "off" in that place that I gave up.  I might go back there, when the weather breaks, to see if anything has changed.  Thanks, Apryl.

#45 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:56 AM

Magnetic sand, I have used in spell bottles for its attractive quality and for its iron content.  I have also used it in a bowl to draw sigils for spells. It can also be used like chalk, salt, or  brick dust for protections. To me it has a drawing and neutralizing quality, kind of like magical baking soda. Cig buts and toothbrushes are taglocks, as is chapstick, but chapstick has the added bonus of being protective (depending on what you do with it or add to it if you make your own) and a writing implement on the go for the skin. Clear body sigils anyone?  The dead lady bugs have a specific correlation to a time and location in my life that included a lot of death as they all died in the same place at the same time. I have not used them thus far, but if I was going to it would involve that energy. Cat claws I use for hexes (attack) and whiskers for wards (sensing).  Charred wood is for writing, black pigment, and destructive workings due to its ability to crumble and the fact that it is wood that was ravaged by fire. 

#46 ArcticWitch

ArcticWitch

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:44 PM

Of those who have responded with things they own and/or have found, I am wondering if they might go back and give some examples of how they might use those items in future spells, if they haven't already done so.

With some responses, I had hoped the person would elaborate a little bit.  I mean, anyone can say "I found a rock", but the Craft is about the application.  The thread specifies "ingredients", so . . .

The shark vertebrae I mentioned earlier will be incorporated into a talisman this week for my own personal use in dealing with health issues. Based on what unfolds, I might have a need to break out the volcanic ash as well. I imagine the combined power of a top oceanic predator and destructive forces of a lava-spewing mountain would be helpful in preventing yet another yet another major health crisis for moi.

#47 Ceres

Ceres

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:14 PM

Hi everybody, I'm coming back to elaborate a little bit and add to my list something that I could never consider as rare but actually it is.

The stork feather is beeing used as a pen, but my animal musk is something that I'm saving for a very special situation as it can be used for love, pation or even protection. Well I thing everybody can thing of ways to use body parts in withcraft. lol

But recently I've collected a very old coin that goes back in the 5th century BC. I also have some coins from the Byzantine era. I don't know yet if I'm going to use them on a spell but they could be used on a good luck spell or money spell. I've also found an old spearhead that I haven't yet estimated the period that comes from but if it comes from a battle it could be used for causing some trouble. B)

#48 RavenFlyer

RavenFlyer

Backwoods Witch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:16 PM

I just wanted to add that my most unique ingredient I just recently obtained.

I recently rescued a cat who had been forced outside after being an indoor only cat for five years and had been declawed. This poor kitty had got frostbite on both of her ears. Both ears have since lost half of their ear. So she is only a half eared cat now. But I saved her dead half ears to be used in spell work later.
So I guess I would use them to cause something to freeze up, or more nefarious workings to cause illness or death as the tissue and skin literally died and fell off.

My ETSY store:

Appalachian Witchery http://www.etsy.com/...lachianWitchery

#49 Roanna

Roanna

She of the spiders and degus...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:26 PM

I just wanted to add that my most unique ingredient I just recently obtained.

I recently rescued a cat who had been forced outside after being an indoor only cat for five years and had been declawed. This poor kitty had got frostbite on both of her ears. Both ears have since lost half of their ear. So she is only a half eared cat now. But I saved her dead half ears to be used in spell work later.
So I guess I would use them to cause something to freeze up, or more nefarious workings to cause illness or death as the tissue and skin literally died and fell off.

Is the cat ok?

Do what you believe to be the right thing and trust yourself.

Witchpathforward My website incorporating "Ask a Witch a Question," my blog and websites of witchy interest.

#50 RavenFlyer

RavenFlyer

Backwoods Witch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:31 PM

Yes she is okay. I picked her up on a Monday and kept an eye on her. Saturday morning when I got up and checked on her her right ear was half gone so I took her to the vet right then. The vet said her ears for having frostbite look good. I keep ointment on them. But they've scabbed over nicely and should be good.
My ETSY store:

Appalachian Witchery http://www.etsy.com/...lachianWitchery

#51 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:30 AM

Yes she is okay. I picked her up on a Monday and kept an eye on her. Saturday morning when I got up and checked on her her right ear was half gone so I took her to the vet right then. The vet said her ears for having frostbite look good. I keep ointment on them. But they've scabbed over nicely and should be good.

Well thank the gods for you for little kitty. Yay you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

#52 ArcticWitch

ArcticWitch

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:59 PM

Last night, my partner brought in a chunk of firewood that was split from the downed tree we harvested last week.  He idly remarked that there were dead bugs in the wood.  My witchy senses immediately began to tingle, and I demanded that he scrap the small moths off into an empty jar because I felt they were hibernating and could be magically useful.  Sure enough, in the warmth of the indoors, the moths came to life.  I have a wickedly delicious idea for them: a "sleeper" spell (the working to come to fruition slowly before culminating in a big bang, in correlation with the moths' hibernation patterns) that is destructive enough to be a borderline curse (in recognition of the moths' ability to kill spruce trees).  I've been waiting for the moon to wane to start working on a target, so the spruce bud moths came into my life at just the right time!

#53 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:48 PM

Don't you just love it when that happens?

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#54 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:10 AM

Last night, my partner brought in a chunk of firewood that was split from the downed tree we harvested last week.  He idly remarked that there were dead bugs in the wood.  My witchy senses immediately began to tingle, and I demanded that he scrap the small moths off into an empty jar because I felt they were hibernating and could be magically useful.  Sure enough, in the warmth of the indoors, the moths came to life.  I have a wickedly delicious idea for them: a "sleeper" spell (the working to come to fruition slowly before culminating in a big bang, in correlation with the moths' hibernation patterns) that is destructive enough to be a borderline curse (in recognition of the moths' ability to kill spruce trees).  I've been waiting for the moon to wane to start working on a target, so the spruce bud moths came into my life at just the right time!

This is a great idea! Once I found some hibernating ladybugs in much the same manner, wish I'd thought of this then!

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#55 Solanaceae

Solanaceae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:19 AM

One of the more interesting ingredients of mine I picked up when I saw a bird swoop down and catch a dragon fly right in front of me. He took the body but left the wings. When the bird flew off with his snack, I of course collected the wings, they were remarkably in near perfect condition. Many uses I could find for those!

Some are born to sweet delight,

Some are born to endless night.

(Fragments from "Auguries of Innocence") William Blake

#56 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:27 AM

I have a dead hummingbird in my freezer which was given to me as a gift, so that I could preserve and keep it (I study ecology and part of my education is learning curation/preserving techniques). I  have a hankering it'd be mighty useful during projects which require something more astral. Projecting outside of myself has never been one of my strong suits, so I figure that perhaps the energy of a swift, light bird would be a useful channel for me.

RSKHFMY

#57 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:28 AM

Not necessarily unique or unusual by Traditional Witch standards, but my current favorite ingredient . . . worm castings.

#58 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:50 AM

Just unpacked my craft stuff today. I found a dead packaged butterfly among my supplies.  Not really unusual in and of itself, but the unusual part was that it was collected for me by a non witch relative. How many non witches collect dead stuff for witches? 

#59 Roanna

Roanna

She of the spiders and degus...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

I kept a load of styrofoam packaging "tubes" the other day. I've got them in mind for a protection, guarding, sheathing kind of spell. Failing that a sufforcation spell as they can be packed very tightly into a small space. Possibly even to induce claustrophobia. Lots of possibilities.

Do what you believe to be the right thing and trust yourself.

Witchpathforward My website incorporating "Ask a Witch a Question," my blog and websites of witchy interest.

#60 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

Just unpacked my craft stuff today. I found a dead packaged butterfly among my supplies.  Not really unusual in and of itself, but the unusual part was that it was collected for me by a non witch relative. How many non witches collect dead stuff for witches? 

That is really nice of them.  It is wonderful to have friends, who understand you and your dead things needs.  I believe it is beneficial to have non-Witch friends, who support you.  (I was going to say Witch supporters, but that sounds like something a male Witch slips on to support his family jewels, during casting.) 

Your post actually made me think of the time that my Son's little friend came to me with a strange pebble in his hand.  He presented it to me, saying that he thought I would like it.  I did like it.  I even used it later.  It was a little ball of animal shit.