— Andre Gide

#22 Roanna

Roanna

She of the spiders and degus...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:38 PM

Talking about the unusual, I've been playing around with different ways to make black pudding from human blood. As a Yorkshire girl I adore eating the stuff but it has occured to me that making a consumable 

pudding from the blood of those close to me could have a lot of scope for magical employment. I'm thinking of using primarily in the transference of health between members of the family but the imagery of consuming someone to attain their power is also an interesting idea. Easy enough to make as well.

Do what you believe to be the right thing and trust yourself.

Witchpathforward My website incorporating "Ask a Witch a Question," my blog and websites of witchy interest.

#23 Davenport

Davenport

Witch Of The Seven Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:13 PM

Talking about the unusual, I've been playing around with different ways to make black pudding from human blood. As a Yorkshire girl I adore eating the stuff but it has occured to me that making a consumable 

pudding from the blood of those close to me could have a lot of scope for magical employment. I'm thinking of using primarily in the transference of health between members of the family but the imagery of consuming someone to attain their power is also an interesting idea. Easy enough to make as well.

LoL I love this!

#24 ArcticWitch

ArcticWitch

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:44 PM

I agree with Jevne: defining "unique" and "unusual" is quite subjective.

The item I'm most fond of having discovered and personally consider to be one of my most unique finds is a shark vertebrae that I identified as having belonged to a salmon shark (cousin to the Great White).  I've yet to use it in any workings, and feel that I should hold onto it for particularly important spellwork.  I'm still kicking myself for not also snatching the compass jellyfish that had washed ashore near where I found the vertebrae, but hopefully I've learned my lesson so that won't happen again.

Volcanic ash, what a brilliant idea!  I can see four volcanoes from my town, three of which are at different levels of activity.  One of them likes to blow every few years and give us an ash shower.  I'll have to dig out my vial of ash from the 2009 eruption and transfer it to my collection of witchy "ingredients".

#25 Galen

Galen

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:21 AM

I have a few "treasured" ingredients I have been hoarding for the right time and spell. They include volcanic black sand from Hawaii, charred bark from a lightning struck tree on our property, and an old piece of flint used to start a fire (I dont know the exact date of the flint but I feel it dates back to antiquity).

#26 Snowdrop

Snowdrop

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

Not sure if this counts as unusual, but I have a crane feather that I picked up a few years ago.

#27 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

A very clever witch told me this one ................sorry can't say haaahaaaaaa.ok a clue begins with v. Nope not vagina

#28 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

Virgin!? Like you can find those anymore, LOL.

#29 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:12 PM

I have a small piece of the Berlin Wall.

Many years ago, I placed it atop a business card of someone who is unethical, visualizing they'd crumble. They went out-of-busness... Never considered that a spell... but, oh well.... It worked. 

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#30 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:05 AM

I have a small piece of the Berlin Wall.

Many years ago, I placed it atop a business card of someone who is unethical, visualizing they'd crumble. They went out-of-busness... Never considered that a spell... but, oh well.... It worked. 

That just reminded me I have several pieces of brick with bullet marks on them that I picked up at different battle sites.  Powerful stuff.

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#31 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:06 AM

Virgin!? Like you can find those anymore, LOL.

Lol

#32 LdyShalott

LdyShalott

NecRomancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

Interesting thread, like Aloe , if its a natural ingredient I dont consider it unusual... I have used everything from feces to the ash of incinerated animals. The most recent item out of the ordinary for me was an 8GB flash drive in a hand/mojo bag...

Most witches don’t believe in gods. They know that the gods exist, of course. They even deal with them occasionally. But they don’t believe in them. They know them too well. It would be like believing in the postman.  T.P.

In order to understand the living.. you have to commune with the dead..
You are a tiny little soul carrying around a corpse.-- Epictetus
All experience is an arch wherethrough gleams that untravelled world whose margin fades for ever and for ever when I move.

#33 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:29 AM

Interesting thread, like Aloe , if its a natural ingredient I dont consider it unusual... I have used everything from feces to the ash of incinerated animals. The most recent item out of the ordinary for me was an 8GB flash drive in a hand/mojo bag...

Awesome!  I have recently wondered if using someone's cell phone or laptop would work in a working as nowadays these devices are almost an extension of the person while also having the added benefit of fingerprints and body oils on them. 

(I mean one could dust and lift the fingerprints with tape as one has learned in highschool forensics class :whistling:  ...or just spell the whole device, or dust and leave powder on the keypad. )

Edited by Whiterose, 01 February 2014 - 12:31 AM.

#34 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:21 AM

That just reminded me I have several pieces of brick with bullet marks on them that I picked up at different battle sites.  Powerful stuff.

That is powerful. Niice !!!

- Pablo Neruda

#35 Apryl

Apryl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:37 AM

I have a piece of petrified wood that I'm very partial to. Dried wasps/bird nest(s), snakeskin, pearls, shells, bones, dirt, iron filings/nails, rust, claws, hair, finger/toe nails, whiskers, urine, menstrual blood...mostly fairly organic things that aren't all that hard to get (for most people).

My kids think I'm turning into a crazy old lady (offensive much?) because I collect and carry salt/pepper, honey or hot sauce packets and usually have one or all in my purse at any given time. I realize that almost all of these things are pretty common to us but they have value to me all the same. 

Awesome!  I have recently wondered if using someone's cell phone or laptop would work in a working as nowadays these devices are almost an extension of the person while also having the added benefit of fingerprints and body oils on them. 

(I mean one could dust and lift the fingerprints with tape as one has learned in highschool forensics class :whistling:  ...or just spell the whole device, or dust and leave powder on the keypad. )

I have lifted prints with scotch tape but it never occurred to me to use the device itself. Duh. 

#36 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:07 AM

My kids think I'm turning into a crazy old lady (offensive much?) because I collect and carry salt/pepper, honey or hot sauce packets and usually have one or all in my purse at any given time. I realize that almost all of these things are pretty common to us but they have value to me all the same. 

This reminds me of a thread about on-the-go witch kits with things like dental floss and lighters. I'm going to see if I can find it again...

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#37 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:07 AM

This reminds me of a thread about on-the-go witch kits with things like dental floss and lighters. I'm going to see if I can find it again...

Yeah, I read that one too !!! I recall small birthday cake candles being a great idea for a Witch-kit.  :birthday:

- Pablo Neruda

#38 Wexler

Wexler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:20 AM

Yeah, I read that one too !!! I recall small birthday cake candles being a great idea for a Witch-kit.  :birthday:

I'm thinking it may have just been the practicality, tips & tricks thread. I didn't read through the whole thing again though so I'm not sure.

[avatar source]

#39 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:41 PM

I have a piece of petrified wood that I'm very partial to. Dried wasps/bird nest(s), snakeskin, pearls, shells, bones, dirt, iron filings/nails, rust, claws, hair, finger/toe nails, whiskers, urine, menstrual blood...mostly fairly organic things that aren't all that hard to get (for most people).

Hello, Apryl:

I noticed that people are generally responding to this thread in one of two ways.  They are either listing things that they possess, such as your petrified wood (super cool, BTW), or they are listing items they have actually used as ingredients in a spell.  You and others have obviously done both.

Of those who have responded with things they own and/or have found, I am wondering if they might go back and give some examples of how they might use those items in future spells, if they haven't already done so.

With some responses, I had hoped the person would elaborate a little bit.  I mean, anyone can say "I found a rock", but the Craft is about the application.  The thread specifies "ingredients", so . . .

#40 Wexler

Wexler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

Not particularly unusual, but I find that the packets of red peppers you get at pizza places are excellent for making on-the-go flying devil oil.

Although I have not employed them yet, I have a glove box full of ketchup packets that I imagine would be excellent for "squashing" people or their stupid ideas.

[avatar source]