Photo
- - - - -

Making your Own Cards

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 witchywolf

witchywolf

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:17 AM

So i'm making my own divination cards. they're flower faerie cards, the picture based on the energy of the flower ei: snapdragon is a warrior faerie, sunflower is a halo of yellow petals... 

so when i'm done the cards (there are about 60 of them) any ideas on the how i should consecrate these cards? or put my energy into them? since they are brand new and hand made should there be any different steps compared to how you would cleanse and consecrate regular cards? 

Just thought i'd ask for opinions :) thanks 

#2 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

Since you're hand making them they'll already be full of your energy.  I don't think you need to worry about that part.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#3 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,001 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

What are you consecreting them to and why? If you can answer that then you'll have an idea of how to proceed. If you are crafting them merely on the energy of the specific flower, then I'd invoke the energy of that specific flower (assuming you have access to the actual flower) into the individual card. If you're using solely your own energy, then you don't even need the cards because your energy already exists in you so you'd just use yourself for divination, not the cards. You're making the cards to connect TO something other than you.  I am assuming you're making these cards as a connection to the flower association of each individual card? So get each individual actual flower, and invoke it and put that invoked energy/spirit into the actual card. The spirit/energy of what you want in the card has to be directed there, or else it's just picture...

M

Edited by Michele, 22 November 2013 - 12:55 PM.

#4 Davenport

Davenport

Witch Of The Seven Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

I apologize for my response as I am only half focused due to the extremely loud music i'm blaring. I agree with Michele that Knowing who or what your consecrating these cards to is the first step. I have cards that are spelled to show me truths. They were consecrated to my hearth and home as all of my tools are. I do not have Floral themed cards however (Love the idea) but I tend to also agree that it would be most desired to me to channel the essence of each individual species into their respective images. Thus creating a link to that plants spirit whenever you desire. Sixty of them sounds like a bit of a challenge to cultivate yourself (unless your skilled in the garden, and have the time, and your climate dictates what grows as well) I would grow or purchase as many as I could myself, but perhaps a botanical garden is near by you can visit? or parks and public gardens? Wooded areas known for it's floral societies? I do not know your location but I make it a point to know where any and all of these places are wherever I live. Sounds like a really great and worthwhile project to take on. 

Edited by Davenport, 22 November 2013 - 05:38 PM.

#5 witchywolf

witchywolf

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:56 PM

thank you very much that helps a lot :)

#6 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:55 AM

Perhaps, you will find something in here of interest or to spark an idea . . .

http://www.tradition...hl=consecrating

#7 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:59 AM

Consecrate! Why?

#8 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

I don't consecrate my cards either.  I just handle them a lot to impart my energy on them so they are synced to my being and if you making them, there is no need. 

#9 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

I don't consecrate my cards either.  I just handle them a lot to impart my energy on them so they are synced to my being and if you making them, there is no need. 

I agree.  My Cards are mine, and I am theirs.  I have one deck, made for me.  I use them, exclusively.  I have a deck, given me by a friend.  They are nice, but they are only cards.