Photo
- - - - -

The Blyssful Witch

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Theneva

Theneva

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:13 AM

http://blyssfulwitch.com/

A good read for those leaning towards the dark side. ;)

It is hard to fight an enemy who has outposts in your head.

~Sally Kempton

Theneva~ Theneu, Thenu, and Denw. The daughter of a Pictish king.

(I believe this over the xtianized name explanation)

#2 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:07 AM

Looked at the site. The link provided, imo, demonstrates that this person does not have a good grasp of the history of 'witchcraft' or of Christianity and it's views on witches. The saying about not suffering a witch to live, is as far as I am aware, was inserted into they King James version of the bible after he believed a witch had tried to sink his ship in a storm she created. When I see something like that, I wonder about the rest. Also, wise woman and cunning man is a recent invention. Both men and women in the 1800's and before were called cunning (a different spelling was used), but some where along the way, some person elevated the female aspect to 'wise', and the male to just 'cunning', which is not an accurate.

Well, thanks for the link Theneva. It is interesting to look at various sites on the craft.

#3 Evergreen47

Evergreen47

Ms. Spock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:10 AM

She bothers me. I will say more if anyone else joins the convo. Otherwise, I won't hijack your thread. :)

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

-=Frank Herbert=-

Rock on, gold dust woman. Take your silver spoon and dig your grave.

#4 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:15 AM

Yeah, I think Stacey was nice enough to already post a link in a status update . . .

. . . it is historically, theoretically, logically inaccurate. 

#5 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:19 AM

She bothers me. I will say more if anyone else joins the convo. Otherwise, I won't hijack your thread. :smile:

I read a few articles, when Stacey provided the link to that one article. I do not know the person, who created the site or prepared the articles.  Perhaps, he / she is a very nice person.

BUT . . . the info presented is complete bullshit. 

#6 Davenport

Davenport

Witch Of The Seven Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:21 AM

opposing sides of the hedge? 

#7 Evergreen47

Evergreen47

Ms. Spock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:33 AM

I also feel her practice is predicated on a belief in Judeo-Christian mythology. Which I don't have... so... it just doesn't apply to me. 

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

-=Frank Herbert=-

Rock on, gold dust woman. Take your silver spoon and dig your grave.

#8 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:47 AM

I didn't find it an " interesting  read " when first posted in a status.... certainly don't find it  " good  read " here either. :rolleyes_witch: What the hell,  why doesn't the blogger just take the passion that she possesses and just put it to the Craft/Path she addresses ?  What a bunch of mish mashed  thought....  in my opinion.

Regards,

Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#9 Stacey

Stacey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:38 AM

I wonder if people assumed because I called it 'interesting' I meant that it was 'good'. It was simply interesting - as an opinion - nothing more, nothing less. She is certainly entitled to her 'version' of the Craft - if it differs from what we see at historically accurate, it just may mean she (or he) was raised on a different belief system. I've read the site before and I believe some of the the witchcraft practiced is hereditary, so perhaps her family tradition had their mythos based in the Judeo-Christian system.  

"The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by an invader. The mind is a complex and many-layered thing." Severus Snape - HP and the Order of the Phoenix

#10 Davenport

Davenport

Witch Of The Seven Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:02 AM

I wonder if people assumed because I called it 'interesting' I meant that it was 'good'. It was simply interesting - as an opinion - nothing more, nothing less. She is certainly entitled to her 'version' of the Craft - if it differs from what we see at historically accurate, it just may mean she (or he) was raised on a different belief system. I've read the site before and I believe some of the the witchcraft practiced is hereditary, so perhaps her family tradition had their mythos based in the Judeo-Christian system.  

I for one did not even for a moment find your status update to be an endorsement of the views expressed.  

#11 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

It was interesting for about 5 minutes until I got bored.

What's with all this 'we this and we that'.  Who the fuck is she to speak for me or anyone else for that matter?

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#12 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

A lot of the stuff sounds like a Cultus Sabbatti/Scarlet Imprint inspired style of practicing.  Don't agree with it all and sometimes don't care for the inclusive tone of her writing but I think it's a hell of a lot better than some of the garbage on the web that's posing as witchcraft.  Don't think I need to name any names for anyone to think of a few raving woots posing as wolves of witchcraft who are still too afraid of karma or the christian devil to even think of attempting to dive into darkness of any form. LOL!   :twisted_witch:

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#13 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

Yes. Interesting can mean anything from not good, to good to mediocre, unless one elucidates more on it.