Photo
- - - - -

Adult topics

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
68 replies to this topic

#21 Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:08 PM

Thats very true Bobby, while my mother wouldnt do that as she trusts me..many parents would/...very good point bobby
[URL="http://usamericanpolitics.ning.com/"][/URL]

#22 Guest_Dee_*

Guest_Dee_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:09 PM

Hexenmeister- You stay but I am officially you're witchy guardian ad litem- :hugs: Look but don't touch :patsch:

#23 Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:11 PM

lol..Nice Dee..thats ok by me...lol

#24 spinney

spinney

Local hedge witch

• Moderators
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:14 PM

Maybe its because i was in Holland for a long time, but i think we might be being a little over the top here as far as DP and getting his mother involved goes.;)
I agree with the 17+ age limit but as long as week put 'this post contain adult topics' in posts I think thats all we can do. This is I think run by an English witch in Germany so not sure what the 'law' in US says about that.

#25 Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:15 PM

lol..I kinda agree with you Spinneyhex

#26 BobbyKit

BobbyKit

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:27 PM

In my own defense, I was only using DP & his mother as an example. I believe the age of consent in most places is 18 yo. I was a member of a loosly based group of wiccans. A 17 yo showed up with the consent of her mother, but the age issue literally blew the group apart. Our leader wanted to wait until she was 18 while some of the group didn't. My point was, what happens if this 17 yo mother changes her mind and suddenly takes us all to court for messing with her daughters mind. I think if TW puts a disclaimer on the site it should be 18 like most other adult sites vice 17. Again just my opinion.

#27 Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:29 PM

I totally agree..and I know you were just using me as an example..its all good..lol

#28 spinney

spinney

Local hedge witch

• Moderators
  • 2,732 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:33 PM

My point was, what happens if this 17 yo mother changes her mind and suddenly takes us all to court for messing with her daughters mind.

I agree that you have a point BobbyKit, just wondering now what the legal issues are for international internet groups are.
(BTW the age of consent in England is 16 the age you legally become an adult is 18)

#29 Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:35 PM

Really? wow..I guess everyone has their own laws.

#30 BobbyKit

BobbyKit

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:36 PM

spinneyhex - "(BTW the age of consent in England is 16 the age you legally become an adult is 18)"
Now that is amazing. I spent 10 years living in England and I never knew that!

#31 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:40 PM

Age of consent has absolutely nothing to do with access to adult Internet sites which in the UK is 18+ and in some other places in the world it is 21+
Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#32 Guest_Blackeagleclaw_*

Guest_Blackeagleclaw_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:45 PM

OK .. so we have a naughty forum area and we are openly discussing drugs in other topics... I have just been reminded by Dee that certain members are only 16 and are therefore perhaps not mature enough for these discussions.

Should the forum age limit be raised to 18? or are members happy at the current set level of 16?

Just an honest question - the last thing we need is to have angry mothers on our backs because they read something on here which may not be suitable for under 18s.

Cheers guys :)

As I was reading Sandy’s post I began to wonder why there would be a mature forum on this site. I do not feel this is the place for people to be talking about drug use. I have found that it is very easy to access the posts on this page, even the member only areas, by Googling certain words, or the member’s username. This is a serious matter and should be address a.s.a.p. This is just my own opinion. If anyone on here does not believe me, then Google your username and you will see for yourself.

#33 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:49 PM

This is an adult site with freedom of speech. In Holland it is absolutely LEGAL to take various kinds of marijuana. Many witches ointments and other things actually consist of dangerous, poisenous and sometimes illegal substances.

I fail to understand what exactly needs to be addressed here? This is a forum consisting of people from all around the world. If you are offended then you are in the wrong place hun.

As I was reading Sandy’s post I began to wonder why there would be a mature forum on this site. I do not feel this is the place for people to be talking about drug use. I have found that it is very easy to access the posts on this page, even the member only areas, by Googling certain words, or the member’s username. This is a serious matter and should be address a.s.a.p. This is just my own opinion. If anyone on here does not believe me, then Google your username and you will see for yourself.

Posted Image
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image

#34 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:50 PM

And for the record the 18+ joining requirement is NOT because we openly talk about drugs, it is because we also talk openly about sex, sexuality and some of us even post erotic photos.
Posted Image

#35 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:51 PM

Hi Everyone, I've read the OP and the replies and I agree that age is definitely a concern to me. I really like DP and he has shown a maturity level higher than some adults I know, but the fact remains the he is 16. The fact that he has been open about his age is also exemplary. However, under certain ages either 18 or 21 is still considered a minor. And some subjects can be construed as contributing to the delinquency of a minor and prosecuted in a court of law. All we would need is DP's mother to record some of the posts to this forum and use it against us. I am not implying that this would happen in DP's case but it could in another case. Just my 2 cents worth.

I agree with what you're saying. I am also thinking that DP did not disclose his age and I had no idea that he was so young until yesterday. This is the internet, and if a minor's parents aren't vigilant enough to keep them off of mature sites, then the brunt of the responsilibity lies with the parents. HOWEVER, the law is the law and 18 years old is the age of majority, no matter how mature one is.

Brian and Sandy, I think a large disclaimer on the front page stating clearly that this site is for adults only and requires one to be 18 to join shows due diligence and should be sufficient. You could also have each applicant type into their application, "By agreeing to become a member of TW, I also certify that I am 18 years old." or something like that. It will still remain a gray area no matter what you do, honestly, because it's the net and anyone can lie.

DP, I love ya hun :hugs:... but if I'd known you were 16 my interactions with you would've been much more sedate - and they will be from here on out. I thought you were of legal age and in college.

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#36 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:53 PM

The disclaimer is already on the front page and when people join they have to tick a box to confirm they are old enough to join :0 its all sorted :)
Posted Image

#37 BobbyKit

BobbyKit

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:54 PM

"some of us even post erotic photos"

REALLY - where? I think I missed that!

#38 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:54 PM

OK I just googled and NOBODY can see ANYTHING posted in the Private Forum area. You have to be logged in to view any of the posts!
Posted Image

#39 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:55 PM

And for the record the 18+ joining requirement is NOT because we openly talk about drugs, it is because we also talk openly about sex, sexuality and some of us even post erotic photos.

EXACTLY.

We're all adults (or should be) and talking about drugs and sex shouldn't be taboo here. Offended members can ask for a deletion of their membership and go elsewhere.

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#40 Guest_Blackeagleclaw_*

Guest_Blackeagleclaw_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:55 PM

But this site is also running in the U.S.A where is illegal. I am only trying not to get the site close. If you feel that way maybe I don't belong here.