Virus of Negativity

witchywolf

I have a general question, I just want to get verification if what i'm sensing is right or not, or there is a possibility of what i'm sensing. 

So i have these two friends who are going through a very hard time in their lives, they have no home for their kids, they got kicked out of their home for very stupid reasons. 

When they would come over, the air would be full of tension and me and my fiance would argue (and we never argue, at least not to that extent its usually a discussion more then an argument) and worse. we are not like that, and me and my other friend who's rooming with us end up snapping at each other, and we don't do that either, and we've all noticed it that we want to snap at each other, but there's no reason for it so we couldn't figure it out, which would make us more frustrated. 

i thought this was the energy from them because the hard time in their life was difficult to deal with. but then i went over to where they're temporarily staying, and the person that they're staying with is incredibly negative. she doesn't even have to do anything but sit in the room and you just want to strangle her or scream at her, and i'm usually not a violent or angry person. 

So my question is, can one person cause so much negativity and hatred that it attaches itself to people and follows them and stays where ever they go? i mean one of the friends comes to the door for two seconds to say hi how's it going and after he's gone, we're all snapping at each other for no reason, and it hangs in the air after they're gone. is this possible? or is my mind just over active?

I think that negativity attracts negativity. I also think it gets much more pronounced during the dark half of the year. If she/he has moved in with a very negative person and is constantly exposed to that and has no protection or doesn't recognize what is happening, then she could easily fall into it.  I also think it can be one form of "haunting" where dark or negative thoughts and feelings are picked up on and/or attached.  I'm not saying I think that is what's happened, but I do think that can happen.

M

There is a thread around here, somewhere, about negative attachments.  Yes, very possible, though I prefer the term, disruptive, to negative.  Most of the time, the culprit has no idea that he or she is projecting the discontent.  The person may not be a "bad" person, even if they are filled with hate or anger.  On the other hand, the person may be a total, fucking idiot.  A Witch should have personal protections and property wards in place to deflect this kind of thing, and decide on a case by case basis, if something else needs to be done.  I have a hard enough time dealing with people's baggage in public; I won't tolerate their stupid shit, intentional or not, in my home.

People with disruptive and obnoxious energy about them tend to get very tired and drag ass both physically and mentally when in my home. Then they usually leave

A Witch should have personal protections and property wards in place to deflect this kind of thing, and decide on a case by case basis, if something else needs to be done.  I have a hard enough time dealing with people's baggage in public; I won't tolerate their stupid shit, intentional or not, in my home.

Exactly.

Interpersonal issues in the house that came from, seemingly nowhere, is red flag.  Time to get busy. 

Exactly.

Interpersonal issues in the house that came from, seemingly nowhere, is red flag.  Time to get busy

Could not agree more.......

Regards,

Gypsy

There is a thread around here, somewhere, about negative attachments.  Yes, very possible, though I prefer the term, disruptive, to negative.  Most of the time, the culprit has no idea that he or she is projecting the discontent.  The person may not be a "bad" person, even if they are filled with hate or anger.  On the other hand, the person may be a total, fucking idiot.  A Witch should have personal protections and property wards in place to deflect this kind of thing, and decide on a case by case basis, if something else needs to be done.  I have a hard enough time dealing with people's baggage in public; I won't tolerate their stupid shit, intentional or not, in my home.

yeah, i agree, i don't have them over much right now, and i won't go over there, i just don't want to deal with the energy. 

Going back to the title of this thread . . . virus of negativity:  I am reminded today of how people can unwittingly feed discontent, cause it to grow and fester, simply by focusing on it or responding to it, giving it more attention than it really deserves.  If someone is purposely or even unintentionally causing problems through their words, actions, or behaviors, the last damn thing you want to do is give them attention.  Viruses spread through contact, through engagement.  Not allowing the person to invade your home, your thoughts, or your space; not responding to, offering advice to, or commenting on the source of the discontent, stops the virus of strife in its tracks.  Protect against, yes.  But, why spend time in the company of misery, as RoseRed said?

I have to remind myself a lot of the time to put up a block when ever I just talk on the phone with my mom. She is very negative, depressed and unhappy and I notice all the time how my mood changes just from a phone call. Sometimes I won't even answer the phone because I am just too tired and don't want to deal with it. It did take me a long time before I realized what was going on. I have to stop my self at times as well when I am feeling negative, depressed and unhappy to stay away from others or to block it so it does not affect people around me.

I think what you are experiencing is not that the negativity is attaching to you, but rather you are feeling the affects of it. It's not that my mom's negativity is attached to me, I just feel it when she is around to I talk with her. It may last for a while because I don't realize it right away.

i actually hadn't had too much contact with them lately. it was just a few random times when they would pop by to say hi or something, and even that has an adverse effect. me, my fiance, and room mate all are dealing with issues in our lives, but we don't let it get to us, but then when these friends drop by it's all brought out. that's why i figured i'd ask if something like that could happen or if i was just delusional lol

I have to remind myself a lot of the time to put up a block when ever I just talk on the phone with my mom. She is very negative, depressed and unhappy and I notice all the time how my mood changes just from a phone call. Sometimes I won't even answer the phone because I am just too tired and don't want to deal with it. It did take me a long time before I realized what was going on. I have to stop my self at times as well when I am feeling negative, depressed and unhappy to stay away from others or to block it so it does not affect people around me.

I think what you are experiencing is not that the negativity is attaching to you, but rather you are feeling the affects of it. It's not that my mom's negativity is attached to me, I just feel it when she is around to I talk with her. It may last for a while because I don't realize it right away.

yeah i'm the same, don't get me wrong, they're really good people but at this time in their lives i can't really deal with it while also trying to figure my own stuff out as well. 

Exactly.

Interpersonal issues in the house that came from, seemingly nowhere, is red flag.  Time to get busy. 

This statement at least to me is everything that needs to be said about this. Being someone who is extremely empathic I rely strongly on my wards for my home to keep that shit at bay when people come over. I am also very good at keeping other peoples emotions out of my orbit on my own, as that was basically a skill I needed to learn early on or be smothered by everyone around me.

People with disruptive and obnoxious energy about them tend to get very tired and drag ass both physically and mentally when in my home. Then they usually leave

Very resourceful! Any idea how long the effects last after they leave? 

Very resourceful! Any idea how long the effects last after they leave? 

I suspect the further away from me and my home they get the better they feel. I control the atmosphere of my home and I decide what energy is welcome. All that falls under this roof is within my domain and I will not tolerate anyone physical or spiritual harassing or even annoying my family. The people in the OP would never have made it through the front door. 

Archived