Science is starting to overlap with "magic"

Whiterose

Very interesting stuff, as I do believe that numbers & mathemetics stimulate the nuerons in our brains... nerdy stuff.

What "gets" me is that I hate when you read through a long article & then you get to the "however.." and the anology of only being on the first base of findings....

Grabs attention, but then reminds us that this is really not news. Just a sensationalism of very old hypothisies.

I really don't believe science will ever capture the capacity of the conscious intellect. :geek:

Very interesting stuff, as I do believe that numbers & mathemetics stimulate the nuerons in our brains... nerdy stuff.

Just picking up on this point about stimulating sections of the brain with numbers. There's a simple mind trick that works on this ploy. Ask a person to mentally calculate a series of simple sums (2 + 4, 7-1, that kind of thing) - the proviso being that the answer will always equate to 6. Then ask them to name the first vegetable that comes into their head and apparently it is extremely likely to be carrot and if not, any other vegetable that starts with the letter c. I'm told that the recall of the letter c is something to do with the repeated sixes. I have no background in psychology so I can't tell if this is unsubstantiated nonsence or not, but I've tried it a few times and always got the promised result. Funny old thing the brain...

Archived