Should Christians Celebrate Halloween (humour)

Havilland

http://www.charismamag.com/site-archives/610-spiritled-woman/spiritled-woman/7156-the-danger-of-celebrating-halloween

Halloween—October 31—is considered a holiday in the United States. In fact, it rivals Christmas with regard to how widely celebrated it is. Stores that sell only Halloween-related paraphernalia open up a few months before the day and close shortly after it ends. But is Halloween a holiday that Christians should be observing?

The word "holiday" means "holy day." But there is nothing holy about Halloween. The root word of Halloween is "hallow," which means "holy, consecrated and set apart for service." If this holiday is hallowed, whose service is it set apart for? The answer to that question is very easy-Lucifer's!

Lucifer is a part of the demonic godhead. Remember, everything God has, the devil has a counterfeit. Halloween is a counterfeit holy day that is dedicated to celebrating the demonic trinity of: the Luciferian Spirit (the false father); the Antichrist Spirit (the false holy spirit); and the Spirit of Belial (the false son).

The key word in discussing Halloween is "dedicated." It is dedicated to darkness and is an accursed season. During Halloween, time-released curses are always loosed. A time-released curse is a period that has been set aside to release demonic activity and to ensnare souls in great measure.

You may ask, "Doesn't God have more power than the devil?" Yes, but He has given that power to us. If we do not walk in it, we will become the devil's prey. Witchcraft works through dirty hearts and wrong spirits.

During this period demons are assigned against those who participate in the rituals and festivities. These demons are automatically drawn to the fetishes that open doors for them to come into the lives of human beings. For example, most of the candy sold during this season has been dedicated and prayed over by witches.

I do not buy candy during the Halloween season. Curses are sent through the tricks and treats of the innocent whether they get it by going door to door or by purchasing it from the local grocery store. The demons cannot tell the difference.

Even the colors of Halloween (orange, brown and dark red) are dedicated. These colors are connected to the fall equinox, which is around the 20th or 21st of September each year and is sometimes called "Mabon." During this season witches are celebrating the changing of the seasons from summer to fall. They give praise to the gods for the demonic harvest. They pray to the gods of the elements (air, fire, water and earth).

Mother earth is highly celebrated during the fall demonic harvest. Witches praise mother earth by bringing her fruits, nuts and herbs. Demons are loosed during these acts of worship. When nice church folk lay out their pumpkins on the church lawn, fill their baskets with nuts and herbs, and fire up their bonfires, the demons get busy. They have no respect for the church grounds. They respect only the sacrifice and do not care if it comes from believers or non-believers.

Gathering around bonfires is a common practice in pagan worship. As I remember, the bonfires that I attended during homecoming week when I was in high school were always in the fall. I am amazed at how we ignorantly participate in pagan, occult rituals.

1237132_510971878995659_396614618_n.png

There are churches out here that teach that.  They have a full house on Halloween with all the children in attendance and do a creepy 'how can you eat candy when people are out there cutting up puppies as sacrifices.'

There are churches a over the south here that teach things like that. I would like to laugh at this, but sadly it's a true reality for where I live.

If I see one more stupid trunk r' treat or hallelujah night I think I might barf.

There are churches out here that teach that.  They have a full house on Halloween with all the children in attendance and do a creepy 'how can you eat candy when people are out there cutting up puppies as sacrifices.'

----

Sad, but true.

I use to work at a place owned by a religious Christian couple who believed very similar things about Halloween. They even had this video about the "evils" of the holiday, which they would lend to their employees to help "educate" them. They once offered the video to one of my co-workers simply because they found out she enjoyed reading the Harry Potter books.  :cuckoo:

They also openly condemned some of the neighborhood churches to hell because they participated in Easter egg hunts and other activities which have pagan origins. I found this amusing more than anything because my old bosses used Christmas trees and other such decorations which have strong roots in paganism.  :pumpkin_rolleyes:  

There's one house on a main road out here that really decorates for Halloween and it looks great!  They've got huge ghosts hanging from the trees, the hay and pumpkin vignettes, colored lights - it's just cool.

I don't know what goes on in other churches  but the one I mentioned above went on and on about how it 'looks' to outsiders that we would 'allow' someone to decorate their yard like that.  Anyone driving through would think that this is a community of devil worshipers.  He was just spewing vitreol.

That night - their front yard was trashed and they had some windows broken.  It's fucking insane where I live.

But - good for them.  They put up private property signs and kept on decorating every year.  I don't know what happened in the background but from what I understand from the locals - they're not singled out anymore on the Halloween services.

This article looks familiar. I lived in the southern US and this is the type of crap so common there.

Over 20 years ago, when my son was a few months old I saw the cutest jack-o-lantern costume for an infant and bought it for him. We had planned to take him out on Halloween to a few of our friend's houses trick-or-treating, just for fun. I mistakenly showed the costume to my SIL who then sent me a print out of an article, very similar to the one posted here. Except that I remember something about not opening the door on Halloween because a demon may be disguised as a child, who would then enter the home of the unsuspecting person and possess them. Also, it advised not to allow your children to go trick-or-treating because a demon could be disguised as an adult who opens the door and steals your child. And my SIL thought this was really true!

And all of those stupid TRUNK-or-treat things at the churches. They always made me think of pervs enticing children over to a trunk of a car filled with candy. (Which is really what they were doing!)

One town I lived in had a Halloween Walk each year where the local businesses got together and handed out candy. The traffic was blocked off where children could safely walk through the area, going from store to store trick-or treating and the stores were decorated for Halloween. My son had a friend, about his age (around 6) that my son wanted to invite along with us on the Walk. I called and asked the mother of the child if her child could go with us and she told me that she and her family “did not celebrate pagan holidays.” Instead she invited my son over to her house on Halloween where she allowed her child to dress up in costume and eat candy she had purchased, to watch scary movies. (No, I took my son to the Halloween Walk.)

And the schools and even the churches had “Harvest Festivals” where the children could dress in costume and play games for candy, on Halloween. Seemed to me they were just putting a new name on an old custom. But that was okay, since it was NOT called a Halloween Festival.

And the there were the Hell Houses which were places that at first glance appeared to be haunted houses where the kids had to pay admission to enter, only to find out they were churches in disguise showing things like demonic possession and aborted babies to scare people into the pews. Sick!

Yeah it's easy to laugh at this kind of propaganda unless you live somewhere where people actually believe this stuff, where people won't allow their children to play with your children, because you allow them to go trick-or-treating, or where you can lose your livelihood if you are self-employed because you had the audacity to put a jack-o-lantern on your front porch or in any way decorate for Halloween.

There's a couple Hell Houses out here.  At first the kids thought it was a haunted house and waited in line for 2 hours to be preached at and scared by people dressed up in demon costumes telling them they were going to steal their soul if they took candy from those devil worshipers who opened their doors on Halloween.

Its fucked up that the same people preach about the "unholiness" or whatever of Halloween and how its so evil, yet they go to a building every Sunday ( the day of the SUN or the sun god which could also be interpreted as the day of "Lucifer" the light bringer) and listen to a man that says he is the emissary of that god telling them what they need to believe and how they should live while he stands in front of the representation of a tortured corpse of one of the kindest people in history and preaches how much better they are than those unruly pagans who have the nerve to honor their dead family. They teach hate and intolerance on a alter of gold in a church of marble and wrap it all up with a bow of and wrapper of "love and faith".  Sounds like fun... Also sounds like hypocritical bullshit. They are their own demons and yet they can not see it. That is what is sad and pathetic. 

Should christians celebrate halloween ? Ohhh yes indeed they should Haaahaaa I could be wrong but arnt the origins of it christian or some pope that changed the days. Well something like that

There's a couple Hell Houses out here.  At first the kids thought it was a haunted house and waited in line for 2 hours to be preached at and scared by people dressed up in demon costumes telling them they were going to steal their soul if they took candy from those devil worshipers who opened their doors on Halloween.

Ironic when you think about it.  Exactly who is it that's deceiving these children and trying to steal their souls?  Could it be...Satan????? (Asked in the "Church Lady" voice.)   Naw, just the local church!

WhiteRose, you forgot that their ENTIRE religious service is based off of pagan worship ceremonies to evoke deity. 

And growing up in a Southern Baptist Bible Belt town, you see a lot of the hell houses and Halloween banning. My family never cared though. We love free candy, dressing crazy, ghosts and goblins, so Halloween was always and is the best holiday to us. Plus, we are more than happy to put out Jack-o-Lanterns and let people know that it's to keep evil away.

Halloween isn't a Christian holiday, so why should they celebrate it? It has become a cultural holiday, but still has little to nothing to do with the origination. I don't think anyone should celebrate it unless they know what the hell they're celebrating, and then they may not consider it such a "celebration".

M  (being cranky, lol)

I get that you are cranky M so I'll make this short. Just because a culture may not understand the origins of a holiday (or in this case completely fuck up the origins of a holiday) does not mean they should not celebrate it. Holiday meanings much like cultural Norms change with time. Halloween's origins arc back into ancient days and have similarities among many cultures as a day to honor the beloved dead, as well as a time when the dead and other spirits could cross the veil and enter our world freely, however, in today's society halloween is not mathematically and astronomically followed the way it was in the ancient days. So the holiday has morphed Into something else that the current culture can understand. It's a family holiday filled with a special kind of magic of its own. A magic that is altered but not altogether separated from its origins. It's a holiday of frivolity, one night of the year children and adults can don a new identity and not be scared of their shadow selves being expressed. It's a time when little children who aren't in a witchy family sometimes first feel the stirrings of the magical undercurrent that rides the new cultural understanding of the holiday. It's a time for belief. A time to look to the moon and try to catch a glimpse of a witch flying across it, or try to spy ghosts rising from their tombs or monsters crawling out of their crevices.

Just because a culture doesn't understand or totally know the history of a holiday shouldn't stop a culture from celebrating and keeping the magic of the holiday alive in a form that they can understand.

Excellent post, Raven Flyer.

Few Christians know that 25th December was a date honoured by Pagans long before the birth of Christ. 

The links between Mithraism and Christianity are largely unknown. 

Members might care to read the link from which I have extracted commonly acknowledged similarities: www.truthbeknown.com/mithra.htm

“Mithra has the following in common with the Jesus character.  Mithra was born on December 25th of the virgin Anahita.  The babe was wrapped in swaddling clothes, placed in a manger and attended by shepherds.

He was considered a great travelling teacher and master.  He had twelve companions or “disciples”.

He performed miracles.  As the ‘great bull of the Sun’ Mithra sacrificed himself for world peace.

He ascended to heaven.

Mithra was viewed as the Good Shepherd, ‘The Way, the Truth and the Light,’ the Redeemer, the Saviour, the Messiah.

Mithra is omniscient, as he “hears all, sees all”, knows all; none can deceive him.

He was identified with both the Lion and the Lamb.

His sacred day was Sunday, the “Lord’s Day,” hundreds of years before the appearance of the Christ.  His religion had a Eucharist or “Lord’s Supper”.  Mithra “sets his marks on the foreheads of his soldiers.”  Mithraism emphasised baptism.”

Mithra was frequently identified with the Sun, and sometimes termed “Sol Invictus Mithra” the Unconquered Sun.

The Roman legions spread the cult of Mithra throughout the Roman Empire. 

Julian, a fifth-century Emperor, renounced his natal Christianity and adopted Mithraism.  This religion was introduced into Constantinople.

The Emperor Constantine was a pagan who worshipped Sol Invictus.  This Emperor foisted Christianity on Rome but did not himself convert to Christianity until he was on his deathbed!

It is accepted by a number of modern scholars that a form of Mithraism and the arcane wisdom of the supposedly suppressed Mystery schools found their way into Christianity.  (A religion fabricated in Rome!).

Archived