22 replies to this topic

#1 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 09:55 PM

If you have any particular witchy topic you'd like to see discussed in Moderated Chat, please feel free to post it in this thread!!

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#2 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 01:38 PM

Okay, surely SOMEONE has something they'd like to talk about in detail!!

Come on, people... don't make me all paranoid and shit thinking I'll be sitting in moderated chat by my lonely self on Sunday... :eek:

Tell me what you want!!!

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#3 Guest_Dee_*

Guest_Dee_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:01 PM

U won't be alone KW :D. Maybe we could take one of the subjects from the thread that Anjel started on teaching her students and discuss it. How about just doing that one subject that got the most posts to start with. First time is the hardest but we can build from there.

#4 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:47 PM

Well, here's a couple of ideas I was thinking of:

-what Traditional Witchcraft is and isn't, and what it means to each person

-candle magic (my fave thing)

-meditation techniques (not my first choice as my technique sucks, lol... but a lot of people seem interested... may be a wonderful topic for a guest host ;))

Those are just three thoughts. Me personally, I would like to start things off with a talk about what the practice of TW is and isn't. There's been a bit of discussion about this lately and I'd like to get a taste of what folks on here are thinking.

I'm not committed to that topic, though, if someone is really interested in talking about something else. This moderated chat is for the members to get down to the nitty gritty about things, dissect things, etc. Anjel and I are only moderating to keep the topic in focus, not to be bossy and pick all the discussions. (Although, while Anjel is very bossy; I am not. :bolt:)

SO, speak up, witches!

#5 BobbyKit

BobbyKit

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:49 PM

Just a thought, but maybe we could discuss the differences between Traditional Witchcraft and Wicca for those of us who have just switched from Wicca. The following URL is a comparison between the two: http://www.geocities...difference.html The chart should be self-explanitory but, I would like the more established Traditional Witches to go into more depth on the Trad point of view. Does that make sense?

#6 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:51 PM

LOL Bobby! Great minds think alike!! :cool:

#7 BobbyKit

BobbyKit

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:54 PM

Yes they do!!

#8 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:01 PM

I know this is something Baph/Jon was interested in discussing so maybe this could also be brought into the forum area for those that didnt make it in the chat discussion :)
Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#9 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:15 PM

Absolutely, Sandy.

My intent is to create a thread after each moderated chat so that the discussion can be continued, especially for those who were unable to attend. :D

#10 LadyHawk

LadyHawk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:33 PM

Yeah I think that will prob be a topic that could go on for ever but interesting because very few people share the same views.....a good one!

I think the meditation one is good too...its an area I am particularly interested in and have practised for over 30rs

LadyHawk x

#11 StarChilde

StarChilde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 06:38 PM

I'm gonna be a pest now and ask, what times the chat room is moderated, preferably in GMT because then I have to add 8 hours to that to figure out the time here in Perth.

#12 eagleheart75

eagleheart75

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:53 PM

I am confused about something. What is this sunday's mederated chat? Am I really missing out on something that I trully need to get my home PC working more then I already do lol.

#13 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:58 PM

All the info about the moderated chat is located in the sticky posts at the top of this forum.

There's a link there to a world clock that will show you, in your time, when to be there based on Eastern or London time.

Go read! ;)

#14 snow

snow

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:10 AM

I'm also interested in meditation techniques. All of the techniques I've used are pretty Eastern. They've focused on clearing my mind. Which is good, I can do that.

I am interested in meditation techniques to contact spirit worlds/travel. I don't know if I have the Will to do this, but I would like to try.

Bigmouth Strikes Again

#15 Baph

Baph

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:28 AM

I know this is something Baph/Jon was interested in discussing so maybe this could also be brought into the forum area for those that didnt make it in the chat discussion :)

I'm happy to discuss this. Remember there are two types of Wiccan.

The initiated, well trained, dedicated, and serious Wiccan. These are generally British Traditional Wicca (Alexandrian, Gardnerian, CVW etc). These people are as likely to Curse as any of you, and it is not the love and light fluff you seem to think. The Complete BOS has not been published online, and there is a lot of oral teaching and skills that are for initiates only. They know what the Rede says, and is.... and it's not "don't hurt anything" - it's "if it doesn't harm - go for it" however - this also leaves it open to "if it DOES harm - accept responsibility". They also know the 3X rule works on three levels (I'll go into any of this at length if necessary). We protect our own! You probably haven't met many of this type (well... maybe one here)

and

neo-wiccans. Those who have read a book from Llewellyn. You have encountered these type. They are as fluffy as a hairball, and as good to be around. I dislike this group as they make a mockery of everything that I worked for. They declair themselves HP or HPS without the service, training, or knowledge after 5 minutes of buying a book from the Farrars. These people think the Rede says "don't hurt anyone", and think the 3X rule is mathematically exact!

Jon/Baph

"If I challenge & shake your worldview - it means I like you!" - Baph.

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

www.pentaclemagazine.org

#16 StarChilde

StarChilde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:46 AM

Wooooohoooooo tanx for that

StarChilde

#17 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:18 AM

Thanks Baph .. unfortunately most of the wiccans I have encountered were all fluffies. My Mentor, however, was a Wiccan High Priest and was the one to formerly initiate me but after a while, although I learnt alot, his ways just didn't suit mine.
Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#18 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:14 AM

I've never met a Wiccan who didn't have SOME kind of fluff component.

#19 BobbyKit

BobbyKit

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:29 AM

Just curious - what is 'fluff' to you (plural)

#20 Baph

Baph

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:06 PM

I've never met a Wiccan who didn't have SOME kind of fluff component.

You're obviously not meeting the right kind (type 1) <G> Although you might have met one here.

My Mentor, however, was a Wiccan High Priest and was the one to formerly initiate me but after a while, although I learnt alot, his ways just didn't suit mine.

This is usual - there is often a "best fit" process. I have sent people/seekers on to other covens that they would better work with, even though the person was a friend. It's the knowledge and experience that comes with running a group or teaching for a while. Afterall, there is no "one coven fits all" requirement. The person who is currently looking to join has been working solitary of the past 8 years. They want to work more with a group, and to develop, and have a measure of experience that they can compare themself to. The person who is now our coven maiden worked solitary for 20+ years before trusting a group enough to join a valid/genuine Wiccan coven. No one in our coven had less than 6 years experience of ritual and Witchcraft before joining.

I'd also like to point out that inner Wiccan teachings have never been published in books either. There's a whole other layer to the mysteries, which by their nature are experiential. As an example - three people could take a cookbook and follow the recipe and you'd get three different results (the best being the one who had training in making that dish)... it's like the BOS - you could take the published rituals (fragmentary at best - plain wrong at worst) and unless you had the "training" they'd not work as well as those who had the proper training in their use, and meaning.

So, as you see, it works both ways.

Jon/Baph

"If I challenge & shake your worldview - it means I like you!" - Baph.

"The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

www.pentaclemagazine.org