Thunderstorm Water

Tamara

How can you use Thunderstorm water in a spell?  I'm thinking writing out a spell and soak it.  Any other creative ideas?

I also read you have 3 days to use it or it looses it's power.  I'm not sure if this is true or not.  But if so, I'm thinking if you freeze it, it may preserve it's essence  until you need it.  Any thoughts?

Where did you read that it looses it's power? I can't see any reason why it would. I've never worked with water gathered during a storm (which I assume is what you're talking about), but I haven't felt an items (e.g dried herbs) power decreasing with time. Also the 3 days really puzzles me. Why three? Wouldn't the storms fierceness have something to do with the time? As in water collected during a massive tempest would be more powerful thus it's power would last longer?

And on how to use it.. Do what comes naturally, what feels good. While I do appreciate others insight, and I do get inspired by it at times, I would never ever during a working change how I was going to do it just because someone else told me they'd do it differently, no matter how much I respected this persons knowledge and experience. If I felt I had to to something a certain way, a way that feels right to me, I'd just go with it. And if you're thinking of writing the spell out and soaking it then go for it.

I know I'm not being extremely helpful and creative but.. yeah.. I just got home from work and my brains all fuzzy.

Where did you read that it looses it's power? I can't see any reason why it would. 

I agree with Seacow. I've kept storm water for weeks, even months with no issue. Same with snow incidentally, works just as well months later when its been water most of its life.

Oh I'm glad to hear that you guys feel the same way.  I have to find the source, I just happened on it while reading/searching the internet awhile back. Maybe someones blog??  I'll see if I can find it again.  I wasn't sure if it was true....but I certainly don't know everything. lol

Just picking peoples brains for inspiration and to try to connect with the community.  I notice there are a lot of witches her that work with the gifts of nature (water, dirt, animal remains, etc..) and thought I could start an interesting conversation.  Each element has it's own unique qualities and just curious how some of you work with them.  I picked Thunderstorm water because I recently collected some and stored it.  But of course you can talk about the use of gentle rain shower or snow. :smile:

I've had instances where " Storm Water " fizzzzzzled out in a short amount of time.  I likened it to the lack of intensity at the time of the storm, some storms are as precarious as the Air Element to me.  So I agree to disagree with some of my Peers on this.

Regards,

Gypsy

I think it kind of makes sense that the electric charge of thunderstorm water would lose it's power as the electicity held within it would disperse and nueturalize with time. I also agree that the intensity of the storm it was taken from would be a factor as well.

I do use different kinds of water, as inclined, for certain purposes. Collected dew drops on broad leaf plants is a favorite. ♥

Lightning struck wood does not loose it's ooph. In a particular violent storm such as CelticGypsy pointed out, the charge would be powerful.

In my own experience, I store it in glass which acts as an insulator to prevent any possible dissipation, and I keep it in the fridge in order to keep it fresh. However, the times I have used it, was not too long after the collecting. I have found it to give very strong, often violent type of results, and it can be erratic to some extent. I would choose wisely in what type of working you use it for.

Archived