#1 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 09:33 PM

*MODERATED CHAT is on hold until further notice. Thanks.*

Outlined for your convenience are some tidbits of info and some guidelines for TW's bi-monthly moderated chat:

Moderated Chat will be hosted/moderated by either AnjelWolf (Sue) or KitchenWitch (Cairelle). On occasion, Brian or Sandy will join us or host/moderate a chat.

The chat will start promptly at 2:30p Eastern (New York)/7:30p London time and will end 45 minutes later. Of course anyone who wants to is welcome to hang out before and after to chitchat about whatever. Go to www.worldtimezone.com to figure out what time YOU would need to be here, based on Eastern (New York) or London time.

Please make every effort to be in the chatroom by those times if you want to participate. If you're going to be late (which is OKAY, I know we all have lives, lol) then please be considerate and enter quietly, i.e, just enter and read what's being typed, don't enter and shout out "HELLO" and then cause a chain reaction of responses. By the same token, if someone enters late, please refrain from greetings (unless it's via PM) so that the discussion isn't interrupted.

<Damn I sound all bossy, huh??>

The host/moderator will be using a colored font, as will the guest cohost, if there is one. All participants are requested to use a white font so that slower typing members can attempt to keep up with the discussion.

Suggestions for chat topics are welcome and can be posted in the chat forum.

The topic for chat will be announced the Friday before, so that people can plan to attend if they're interested.

Please note that these chat sessions are NOT teaching sessions. While they will have a natural component of question and answer, it is meant to be a discussion of the chosen topic - an exchange of ideas. We want everyone to participate. If you're not familiar with the topic, by all means come and listen, and make a list of questions to post in the general forum under the appropriate topic (say, the Botanical Forum if we had a chat about herbs).

I'm super excited about this, as many of us have had a wonderful time in chat lately!! Think of what you'd like to talk about and post suggestions under that thread.

Thanks for reading and I hope we all can participate in and enjoy this!

Cairelle :D

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina