The Ringing Cedars Books

BriarCreek

I did try to do a search on the books and the author and couldn't find anything about it, so hopefully it's not because my computer skills suck.

I have a FaceBook page where I meet with others, including other "witches".  While I don't always agree with what people have to say I usually don't say too much because I find most people who get in religious battles on the internet are usually hypocritical and have more time than I do to waste talking to people who's mind they are never going to change.  But one woman, who claimed to be a healer from the Cherokee people and actually made good money doing it, signed me up to a FB page called 'Anastasia of the Ringing Cedars".  When I asked what that was, people couldn't believe that I had not read this wonderful series of books. 

"It will change your life," they said.  "Hundreds of intentional communities have sprung up all over the world from these books."

Well, I have always been suspicious of anything that is suppose to change my life, but I ordered them through my local library.  They were on back order for 8 months!  I was told I would have to buy them because they would so important, but I didn't because I don't spend my money lightly.  Finally book 1 came and I sat down and read it...or tried to.

I have a very negative view on this book.  I dislike using the word hate but I really hate this series and I didn't even get through the whole thing.  When I told my FB friends that it wasn't really my cup of tea they were shocked.  Obviously I was unenlightened and not spiritual at all.  Well, if being enlightened means I have to like this book, then nope, I'm basically the blind walking through a dark underground room on a moonless night.  Enlightened is just a word to me and if means something I am not then others can dance in the word all they want.

But I was wondering if anyone here has read the series or any part of the series and what they thought of it.  I can give a brief blurp on what it's about, but it would be very biased.  So I was more looking to see what others thought of it.

Thanks for any thoughts on the series you may have.

Cut & Pasted from Amazon:

Anastasia (The Ringing Cedars Series, Book 1)

"Anastasia", the first book of the Ringing Cedars Series, tells the story of entrepreneur Vladimir Megre's trade trip to the Siberian taiga in 1995, where he witnessed incredible spiritual phenomena connected with sacred 'ringing cedar' trees. He spent three days with a woman named Anastasia who shared with him her unique outlook on subjects as diverse as gardening, child-rearing, healing, Nature, sexuality, religion and more. This wilderness experience transformed Vladimir so deeply that he abandoned his commercial plans and, penniless, went to Moscow to fulfil Anastasia's request and write a book about the spiritual insights she so generously shared with him. True to her promise this life-changing book, once written, has become an international best-seller and has touched hearts of millions of people world-wide.

The Ringing Cedars of Russia (The Ringing Cedars, Book 2)

"The Ringing Cedars of Russia," the second book of the Ringing Cedars Series, in addition to providing a fascinating behind-the-scenes look at the story of how "Anastasia" came to be published, offers a deeper exploration of the universal concepts so dramatically revealed in Book 1. It takes the reader on an adventure through the vast expanses of space, time and spirit from the Paradise-like glade in the Siberian taiga to the rough urban depths of Russia's capital city, from the ancient mysteries of our forebears to a vision of humanity's radiant future.

The Space of Love (The Ringing Cedars, Book 3)

"The Space of Love," the third book of the Ringing Cedars Series, describes author's second visit to Anastasia. Rich with new revelations on natural child-rearing and alternative education, on the spiritual significance of breast-feeding and the meaning of ancient megaliths, it shows how each person's thoughts can influence the destiny of the entire Earth and describes practical ways of putting Anastasia's vision of happiness into practice. Megre shares his new outlook on education and children's real creative potential after a visit to a school where pupils build their own campus and cover the ten-year Russian school programme in just two years. Complete with an account of an armed intrusion into Anastasia's habitat, the book highlights the limitless power of Love and non-violence.

Not to hijack your thread but I thought I'd pop in the blurb for each book - I haven't read them and reading the blurb for each book I'm not likely to. It sounds very new-agey which is fine if you're into that kind of thing but - well I liken it to this. People went absolutely mental over 50 Shades, claimed it had to be read and would change your sex life for the better. So I tried to read the first one, got through about half of it and gave up, I'm adverse to reading tripe that gives me a brain hemorrhage and makes me feel like I'm dumbing myself down, I imagine this is quite similiar. Nothing ever hugely hyped is worth the hype it gets, but people like to believe in and read things that make them feel its all going to be okay.

I was working at aocal metaphysical store a few years ago, and there was a "run" on these books. Everyone had to read them, they were life changing, blah blah blah. I bought the first book and never made it more than 30 pages in. My boss and friend bought everyone a ringing cedar pendant to wear and I still have mine. It smells really good (considering its actually pine, and not cedar) but I am allergic to pine so I don't wear it. It causes my asthma to get really bad. Every year we had a live tree at Christmas when I was a kid and I always ended up with inflammed lungs and pneumonia.

But back to the books I personally think they are a crock of shit. And have nothing pertinent to add to my life or practice.

Not to hijack your thread but I thought I'd pop in the blurb for each book - I haven't read them and reading the blurb for each book I'm not likely to. It sounds very new-agey which is fine if you're into that kind of thing but - well I liken it to this. People went absolutely mental over 50 Shades, claimed it had to be read and would change your sex life for the better. So I tried to read the first one, got through about half of it and gave up, I'm adverse to reading tripe that gives me a brain hemorrhage and makes me feel like I'm dumbing myself down, I imagine this is quite similiar. Nothing ever hugely hyped is worth the hype it gets, but people like to believe in and read things that make them feel its all going to be okay.

This was my take on the books too, but they have this HUGE cult following.  There are literally millions of people that have sold everything they have and moved into these intentional communities to start living the Anastasia way of life.  I mean if you meet one of these people they are like zombies to the book.  Yet I read the first one and really, really did try to read the second one and I found them poorly written, a young male fantasy of finding a nakid magic girl in the woods that is a virgin but still willing to have sex with them (and give them the son they always wanted) and the magic has absolutely no basis to it.  Then there's just the message of the book, the wolves are this mystical girl's baby sitters, the eagles fly her baby around so it can learn about different view points, and bears lick the baby's butt when it poops.  I mean it is like Kipling's 'Jungle Book' except very poorly done and people all over the world are giving up their lives for the premise of these books   I just don't get it. 

I was thinking I should become a jerk and have some nakid, buff guy running around the forests of Wisconsin spouting out gobbly-gook and being all judgmental, and throw in some waaayyyy out there parts like he rides a bobcat's back and deer do macramé in their antlers and I could have a cult following.  Then I decided that I didn't want a whole bunch of weirdoes moving to the forests of Wisconsin so I changed my mind.  I guess I'm still trying to get why people go so gagga over it.  Part of my study of human nature I guess.  

I was working at aocal metaphysical store a few years ago, and there was a "run" on these books. Everyone had to read them, they were life changing, blah blah blah. I bought the first book and never made it more than 30 pages in. My boss and friend bought everyone a ringing cedar pendant to wear and I still have mine. It smells really good (considering its actually pine, and not cedar) but I am allergic to pine so I don't wear it. It causes my asthma to get really bad. Every year we had a live tree at Christmas when I was a kid and I always ended up with inflammed lungs and pneumonia.

But back to the books I personally think they are a crock of shit. And have nothing pertinent to add to my life or practice.

Sorry about your asthma, the idea that my body would every now and again just not breath is one of those things that would terrify me, and of course that would make it so much worse.

I was thinking that calling these books crocks of shit was an insult to shit crocks everywhere.  They are really that badly written.  Still, there's this whole cult thing about them...  I once was told that if you wanted a crazy religion to take off you took it to California or to Russia.  These books started in Russia so maybe that's it.  Russian people are willing to believe anything, no matter how far out there it is. 

This was my take on the books too, but they have this HUGE cult following.  There are literally millions of people that have sold everything they have and moved into these intentional communities to start living the Anastasia way of life.  I mean if you meet one of these people they are like zombies to the book.  Yet I read the first one and really, really did try to read the second one and I found them poorly written, a young male fantasy of finding a nakid magic girl in the woods that is a virgin but still willing to have sex with them (and give them the son they always wanted) and the magic has absolutely no basis to it.  Then there's just the message of the book, the wolves are this mystical girl's baby sitters, the eagles fly her baby around so it can learn about different view points, and bears lick the baby's butt when it poops.  I mean it is like Kipling's 'Jungle Book' except very poorly done and people all over the world are giving up their lives for the premise of these books   I just don't get it. 

I was thinking I should become a jerk and have some nakid, buff guy running around the forests of Wisconsin spouting out gobbly-gook and being all judgmental, and throw in some waaayyyy out there parts like he rides a bobcat's back and deer do macramé in their antlers and I could have a cult following.  Then I decided that I didn't want a whole bunch of weirdoes moving to the forests of Wisconsin so I changed my mind.  I guess I'm still trying to get why people go so gagga over it.  Part of my study of human nature I guess.  

Seriously?????  WTF???????  Is this a joke or is that seriously the plot of that book??? :ohmy:

Seriously?????  WTF???????  Is this a joke or is that seriously the plot of that book??? :ohmy:

Nope, that was the beginning.  I didn't read the other like 7 or 8 books because I just couldn't force myself to do it.  But yep, nakid Russian girl, running around in the Siberian wilderness.  She keeps herself warm with her mind.  She's very judgment and thinks that casual sex is one of the downfalls of modern society, then she has casual sex with this guy she just met because he wants a son.  Then she doesn't let he guy have his son because he is unenlightened and instead the animals babysit her kid.  She does nakid karate chops on the evil bad dogs that come from the village to hurt the wild animals, and the bear gave up having her own kid so she could be the mystical girl's baby's toilet paper.  I tell you, the book is freaky.   

It's not the book that I am interested in as much, as I said, the book sucks.  It's the response to the book that I would like to study.  So many people ran off to live with others in the woods and they read these books to each other every night and swoon with the message it gives.  I just don't get it, but then again, according to the cedar zombies, I am unenlightened and so cannot understand the message of the book.  "Love each other and only good things will happen." 

Nope, that was the beginning.  I didn't read the other like 7 or 8 books because I just couldn't force myself to do it.  But yep, nakid Russian girl, running around in the Siberian wilderness.  She keeps herself warm with her mind.  She's very judgment and thinks that casual sex is one of the downfalls of modern society, then she has casual sex with this guy she just met because he wants a son.  Then she doesn't let he guy have his son because he is unenlightened and instead the animals babysit her kid.  She does nakid karate chops on the evil bad dogs that come from the village to hurt the wild animals, and the bear gave up having her own kid so she could be the mystical girl's baby's toilet paper.  I tell you, the book is freaky.   

It's not the book that I am interested in as much, as I said, the book sucks.  It's the response to the book that I would like to study.  So many people ran off to live with others in the woods and they read these books to each other every night and swoon with the message it gives.  I just don't get it, but then again, according to the cedar zombies, I am unenlightened and so cannot understand the message of the book.  "Love each other and only good things will happen." 

I don't know which is worse...the book or those "followers"!  Honey, if you are "unenlightened" consider yourself lucky.  It makes me wonder just how uneventful one's life has to be or how insignificant one has to feel to go to such extremes.  Wonder if these new "forrest dwellers" are munching on Magic Mushrooms during the whole process.  Bizarre!

I was thinking I should become a jerk and have some nakid, buff guy running around the forests of Wisconsin spouting out gobbly-gook and being all judgmental, and throw in some waaayyyy out there parts like he rides a bobcat's back and deer do macramé in their antlers and I could have a cult following.

I think I just might pay to see that.

Sadly I think this exerp just explained some people we met this summer. I love a good book and I even will over look a bit of Wicca in them when the mood strikes for a witchy type book but I can't stand bad writing. A friend thought I was deprived and shipped me 50 shades of gray so I read them it only took two days for all three but they sucked. I'm no prude they just sucked lol its years later and I can still remember him wanting to bite her lip every five seconds. I wonder if these books are why so many tourists got eaten by bears this year???

Archived