Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Best Magic Site ever!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 Theneva

Theneva

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

http://magic-spells-and-potions.com/

I cannot say enough or even come close to saying how comprehensive and awesome this magic site is. The BEST I've ever found!!!

It is hard to fight an enemy who has outposts in your head.

~Sally Kempton

Theneva~ Theneu, Thenu, and Denw. The daughter of a Pictish king.

(I believe this over the xtianized name explanation)

#2 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:12 PM

The request for a spell for bigger breasts is interesting (found under beauty and glamour), esp. the one by winnie. Not that I or my wife need them though, lOL.

Edited by Autumn Moon, 03 September 2013 - 10:16 PM.

#3 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:41 PM

Let's start at the beginning - how much magical talent do you think you have, on a scale of 100 - 0, 0 being no magical talent at all, and 100 being Jesus levels (or substitute any nearly God-like in human form miracle worker from your religion)?

Let a number come to you now.

No matter what this number is, we can improve upon it with EFT because the number is only a belief. According to Jesus, we all have 100% magical talent, only some of us use it more than others.

This is a Christian magic site?

Edit: Or, at the very least, it seems to be a religious one.

Edited by Wexler, 03 September 2013 - 10:49 PM.

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#4 Theneva

Theneva

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:28 PM

Uh I found it very sensible as far as any type of magic whether or not religion is a part of it or not seems bias to even mention that. Does it matter?! If you don't like it fine but why downgrade it because you didn't find it or is it because you dislike something about it that isn't based on your beliefs?! I thought and still do think it is a valuable resource. I don't see any need for disparaging remarks or jokes!

Edited by Theneva, 03 September 2013 - 11:29 PM.

~Sally Kempton

#5 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:02 AM

Not disparaging or joking . . . Trads generally do not use other people's spells, especially not random, available for anyone and everyone, public spells on websites or in books.  If you garner valuable information for formulating your own workings from the site, however, I can respect that, but I agree with the others that some of the information presented is questionable.

Thank you for the link.  

#6 Athena

Athena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

I don't have a problem with whatever works for you that's after all your own path. This sight isn't for me though because it was created as a game I am providing screen shots to show you this not to disparage you but because I think its far to easy for people to get into sites like this and not realize they are mostly made up. I found this by simply clicking on the link about the sites creation.

cc133ad210aa3e71bdfab779ee56aa10_zps4e79
cc3ea3fb5e2d218504828ad94064cb20_zps5796

#7 Wexler

Wexler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:27 AM

Uh I found it very sensible as far as any type of magic whether or not religion is a part of it or not seems bias to even mention that. Does it matter?! If you don't like it fine but why downgrade it because you didn't find it or is it because you dislike something about it that isn't based on your beliefs?! I thought and still do think it is a valuable resource. I don't see any need for disparaging remarks or jokes!

If you were responding to me, I'm not sure why you thought I was making disparaging remarks or jokes. I was not aware that saying the website appears to be Christian witchcraft (which it did, to me) was offensive to you. As people are wont to do on a forum I was making a rather generalized comment about linked material.

I do not agree that pointing out something appears to be religious is a statement of bias. Nor did I say I disliked Christianity or religious witchcraft, or that I had any problem with it. I was just making... a comment.

But I'm interested in talking about your thoughts. Do you think that religious or X-tian witchcraft is a "downgrade" from other types of traditional witchery? I would think it mostly depends on a person's belief system and whether or not they think other belief systems are valid.

[avatar source]

#8 Rustic

Rustic

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

To me traditional witchcraft is using my own spells for my own results, and I am sure you will find plenty of others on here that also feel that way. So you can't get offended when people do not view your inspirations also inspiring. I don't think Wexler meant anything by her comment, she was just making an observation. I made the same to be honest. Thanks for the link though, it was interesting to browse!

"You're horrible!"

"No, I ain't. I'm Hoggle."

#9 Aurelia

Aurelia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:24 AM

Not disparaging or joking . . . Trads generally do not use other people's spells, especially not random, available for anyone and everyone, public spells on websites or in books.  If you garner valuable information for formulating your own workings from the site, however, I can respect that, but I agree with the others that some of the information presented is questionable.

Thank you for the link.  

Yep, what Jevne said :)

Theneva, your path will take you in different directions (sometimes the same as others, sometimes not) and not everyone here will like, love or agree with the same things. But you got very defensive very quickly over a light hearted comment, and another comment that (in my opinion) didn't read as disparaging - it was a simple enough question. Perhaps you have doubts about the ligitimacy of the site yourself, to have become so defensive and attacking other people's comments about the site?

I had a look through the site, it isn't something for me mainly because of some things on there ending with the author sending their blessings to whoever was reading it (which sounded very much love-and-light-wiccan). But if that works for you, or you can overlook that, ok! It doesn't mean it will be everyone's cup of tea though, and as Jevne pointed out it's unusual for a trad witch to use other people's spells and in particular public spells such as those.

Hopefully you won't also read this as disparaging, because it isn't meant that way.

#10 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:08 AM

This is utter bullshit and no respectable trad in their right mind would utilize this resource.

-Aurelian

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#11 Athena

Athena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:24 AM

This is utter bullshit and no respectable trad in their right mind would utilize this resource.

-Aurelian

I completely agree, I have been biting my tough because I don't want to seem disrespectful of someone's path but it occurs to me there is a line between respecting someone's path that's different but legitimate and this site that's utterly fake. It would be a disservice to those who take their practice seriously to compare it with someone who plays dungeons and dragons ones real takes real thought the others make believe not at all the samething.

#12 Wexler

Wexler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:31 AM

I completely agree, I have been biting my tough because I don't want to seem disrespectful of someone's path but it occurs to me there is a line between respecting someone's path that's different but legitimate and this site that's utterly fake. It would be a disservice to those who take their practice seriously to compare it with someone who plays dungeons and dragons ones real takes real thought the others make believe not at all the samething.

I find dungeons and dragons to be great fun, although I agree it is a poor source as long as legitimate beliefs go.

After reading the website a little more I have not found anything that I agree with, although it was interesting to see some different ideas.

[avatar source]

#13 Athena

Athena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:56 AM

I find dungeons and dragons to be great fun .

I only played once long long ago and it was fun but not at all the same thing as TW because one is a game the other is definitely not.

Edited by Athena, 04 September 2013 - 03:57 AM.

#14 Wexler

Wexler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:58 AM

I only played once long long ago and it was fun but not at all the same thing as TW because one is a game the other is definitely not.

I agree with you there :smile:

Although, I am now remembering a friend I used to have. She was very interested in witchcraft but her boyfriend was an outspoken atheist, so she relieved the pressure to explore her spirituality by playing "witch" characters in D&D. We don't keep in touch any more but I wonder if she ever did get around to going beyond the game.

Edited by Wexler, 04 September 2013 - 04:00 AM.

[avatar source]

#15 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:21 AM

It may be worth you time to read if you need examples of commercial neo-shite beliefs that should be discarded.  In that respect, go read it and learn well.

Edited by Aurelian, 04 September 2013 - 04:22 AM.

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#16 Davenport

Davenport

Witch Of The Seven Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:28 AM

Just the styling of the site with its obnoxious graphics and lame dancing purple flames made me X out the tab. I did not get to really look at anything but I can probably take a guess that this is not my kinda shit. Just from the few seconds though looking at it reminded me of Wiccan websites from like 1996.

#17 Theneva

Theneva

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

Hmm seeing as I"m NEW to the Traditional With path I've got my work cut out for me to figure out exactly which Tradition I'm actually on. Honestly thought that this site was legit, and I wouldn't want to use someone elses spells per se, though it gave me ideas. I really really Need some help to find what works for me. I'm that New! I lean towards Celtic and Norse Trads because I feel drawn to my blood roots so to speak. I see no one offering to help me out with any of that. I know this isn't a teaching site but perhpas someone could suggest one that IS?!

I mainly wish to be here to connect, network, if you will, with others on similar if not literally the same paths. I'm looking for resources on the www but it's a lonely search, to me, and I'm not here to tell anyone to Go There, it's just my enthusiasm got in the way and everyone decided to tramp it down without making any alternate suggestions. (seemed that way to me then but now I see by reactions that this is not the case, and how would I know in any case?)

~Sally Kempton

#18 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

It's okay to be enthusiastic. There's no problem with that at all. 

My alternate suggestion?  Write your own spells.  It's okay to look elsewhere for inspiration, but it's good to look.....in the right places?  Honestly, you will VERY rarely find anything worth looking at online.  

Teaching sites?  Literally, there is nothing I could suggest.  I refuse to utter such profanity.  

I do believe there is a good section on this website where valid trads speak of books you could read. Lots and lots of them. My suggestion would be to start there.

Edited by Aurelian, 04 September 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#19 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

It seems to me a beginners site.  It's definitely not a hard core witch or Trad Witch site at all.  From the little bit I read - it has some basic ideas and explanations.  Some of the spells I read do make sense.  They're not spells I would use.  It's not a site I would recommend except maybe to the really fluffy people I know.  The problem with sites like this to the very new is that you can't tell the bullshit from the decent information.  It's not ALL bad but it's bad enough to warrant saying 'don't take what you read there to heart.'

Reading through some of the spells and 'rituals' it's very Wiccan based.  There's lots of love and light, blessings and calling upon deities that you don't know (which is kinda like walking up to a perfect stranger and demanding that they do something for you).  Spells and prayers ARE different things. 

It's really hard to be new to this and not know where to turn for decent information.  I feel for you.  I remember what it was like. 

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#20 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

I'm looking for resources on the www but it's a lonely search, to me, and I'm not here to tell anyone to Go There, it's just my enthusiasm got in the way and everyone decided to tramp it down without making any alternate suggestions.

As Aurelian pointed out, there were no alternate Internet suggestions because there aren't any for us. If you're of the "love and light" variety, there are plenty.

My suggestion: read every post of every thread in the public part of this forum. You'll find subjects you like, subjects that don't interest you, suggested reading (as in books) ... from there you can decide on what's right for you and will give you an idea of what you want to further research. Looking to connect with your roots? Read the mythology of that race.

I have never used someone else's spell ... not even the ones from authors I hold in somewhat high regard. (I don't gush over anyone's stuff ... not even my own.) I believe in personalizing everything. That said, if I see something interesting (perhaps a use for an herb I'd not thought of), I'll make note of it and may incorporate an aspect of someone else's spell into my own.

Search the 'Net all you want. Just do so with a jaded eye. And know that there are no shortcuts.

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website