Cheeze and PoppySeed Loaf

CelticGypsy

My Sister sent this recipe to me today, this would make a good appetizer or to go with a nice salad or something to bring to a Family

Gathering. :smile:

Included in the recipe was a photograph of how the bread " looks ", yet when I posted with the picture included, I got a message saying

" You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community "      ......  Sorry about that Gang !

1 Italian loaf, about 12 inches long

1 stick butter, melted

1/8 cup olive oil

3 tsp minced onion

2-3 cloves garlic, grated

1 tbsp Dijon mustard

1 tbsp poppy seeds

3 tsp chopped parsley (add more if you wish)  I may alter this a bit with adding fresh basil with the parsley.

12 oz grated cheese (use a mix of white cheddar and Monterrey jack.)(Or your choice)

Preheat the oven to 350 F.

Mix the melted butter, olive oil, onion, garlic, Dijon mustard, poppy seeds and parsley in a bowl.

Cut the bread into cubes with X slices without cutting all the way through the bottom crust.

Pour the butter-onion garlic mixture carefully into those X cracks using a small spoon and over the top of the bread. Fill those delicious cracks with the grated cheese. (It seems like a lot of work and trouble but it’s all worth it. Yes.)

Wrap the entire loaf with foil, sealing the sides properly and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and unwrap. Bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and gooey.

Enjoy !

Regards,

Gypsy