Probably One Ofthe Best Nights...

AnjelWolf

Ok...I have to share this with all of you. I went and did that horrible, evil, demon-ridden laundry yesterday and changed my bed sheets.

Now what I did this time was completely different than in the past. Since my husband left...I really haven't been sleeping all that well and (yeah this might sound gross) didn't feel like switching the sheets when he left because I didn't want to "not have him near me" (weird yeah I know LOL).

Anyhow...I changed my sheets...this time I SPRINKLED Clove Essential Oil on the sheets and my comforter...replaced my sheer curtains (bedroom window) with the VERY dark black fabric shower curtain (trust me, might sound redneck...but it looks HOT LOL) and placed another dark blood red curtain on my wall, looking like a huge ass headboard (ok will have to take a pic for you), against my bed...I turned on my air conditoner and left the room till I came to bed.

Once I walked in...OMG! The clove was soft and alluring...the dark blood red fabric in back of my bed, along with my red comforter was seductive and my dark black fabric covering over my window looked stunning! I slide my ass between the sheets and before I knew it...I drifted off to sleep...surrounded by the soft aroma of clove.

I woke this morning NOT by the harsh glare of the morning sun (like normally)...the dark fabric had blocked it out! I stretched and lingered for a few minutes, enjoying the quiet hum of my air conditioner and the soft aroma of clove still.

Yup...I"m keeping my bedroom just like this LOL!!!

I swear by this now...when you change your sheets...sprinkle some clove essential oil on them and on your blanket...trust me...you will sleep good :)

Loving the colour scheme! Amazing to me you need air con. My bedroom is freezing! I have a four poster bed with drapes all around for warmth and two quilts!

Tana, you forget where Anjel lives. I gets hot an humid in the Keys and an air conditioner is a must - sometimes even in the winter. Suzanne doesn't sleep well either. I'll sugest this to her. Thanks for the tip.

I find if you make up a little bag with cloves , nutmeg , and aniseed and put it in your airing cupboard that makes your sheets smell good and you sleep well .{The other half complains though because he thinks its like sleeping in a christmas cake :eek:}

My big job for while I'm on leave is to sort out my curtains because they just dont block out enough light for when I have to sleep during the day !

I'm thinking velvet and after reading your post , I'm definatly thinking red {or maybe purple??}:confused:

Archived