• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 03:04 PM

Yes it is.. The Search button is your friend.

This is a polite nudge to remind those with new topics to please use the SEARCH function on the forum before posting a question that we may have already answered 10 times before (and probably in great detail)

We have THOUSANDS of topics and I am sure that at least one of them will give you the information you are looking for. If not, then sure please go right ahead and post, but first please take a few minutes to have a little search and read around before jumping in with "popular" questions :hugs:
Thanky y'all

Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#2 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 03:08 PM

Absolutely. This forum is PACKED with so much information. Yes it might take you a few minutes here and there...but in the end you just might find the information you are looking for...like spells...herbs...books...THOSE types of things.

Please do not be shy about browsing through past threads if you are a newbie...even us older regs (like myself) peek through it ocassionally.

:)

#3 eagleheart75

eagleheart75

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:12 PM

Oh I have been both I am sure...one of the newbs that have asked at least one or 500 questions that may have been posted b4 lol but I have also once i got used to the site used the search opt as well lol.

#4 Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:18 AM

Thats a good idea...especially because I am chok full of questions (is that how you sepll chok? w/e LOL!)
[URL="http://usamericanpolitics.ning.com/"][/URL]

#5 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:23 AM

Chock?

#6 Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:24 AM

hmm..sounds better..lol

#7 Dark Phoenix

Dark Phoenix

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 02:15 AM

I was just about to post a question and thought ' hey why dont I use the search button ' and what happened? I found my answer!!! :D

Joe :cool:

#8 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:50 AM

what was your question?

#9 Sandy

Sandy

Administrator/Hostess

• Administrators
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:14 AM

"chock-a-block" LOL (filled to the max)
Posted Image
A Traditional Poker Posted Image (poke it with a stick and see what happens)
"Most important things in life; Good Food, Good Wine, Good Sex and a Damn Good Giggle!" Posted Image
Visit my Website: www.sandycristel.com
Visit my BLOG: www.blog.sandycristel.com
Follow me on TWITTER: http://twitter.com/SandyCristel

#10 AnjelWolf

AnjelWolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,727 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 02:43 PM

heheheheheh

#11 eagleheart75

eagleheart75

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 05:24 PM

Ok well this friend called "search" is pissing me off LOL :stomp::cursing::ohshit::banghead::banghead: I have been trying to search for something for over a week and I cant for the life of me find it lol. I am trying to locate Anjels post or Thread called herbal grimore....oh wait a min lmao I think I saw it and did not realise it let me go look :)

Ok now I feal like a big stupid head lol ( cant think of anything else to call myself lol) I found it finally.

#12 wolfjan1

wolfjan1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:25 PM

Oh, absolutely! I agree. I use the search button and the forum jumps regularly. It is VERY important to do basic reading.
It takes true arrogance to try and force ones' religion on another.

#13 Ancestral Celt

Ancestral Celt

Hermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:52 PM

Perhaps when I do searches for posts on topics, I should also refer the double-poster to this thread? :flash:

#14 Cairelle

Cairelle

GiGi Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,374 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:53 PM

Perhaps when I do searches for posts on topics, I should also refer the double-poster to this thread? :flash:

:cheerleader:

“People don’t live in New Orleans because it is easy. They live here because they are incapable of living anywhere else in the just same way.” – Ian McNulty, A Season of Night: New Orleans Life After Katrina

#15 Ancestral Celt

Ancestral Celt

Hermit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:42 PM

It's been a while since this thread was visited. It seems all but buried now. :(

#16 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 01:18 AM

It's been a while since this thread was visited. It seems all but buried now. :(

Thank you for bringing it back to the forefront, as I have seen several new threads created about old topics.

Jevne

#17 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:44 PM

Yes it is.. The Search button is your friend.

This is a polite nudge to remind those with new topics to please use the SEARCH function on the forum before posting a question that we may have already answered 10 times before (and probably in great detail)

We have THOUSANDS of topics and I am sure that at least one of them will give you the information you are looking for. If not, then sure please go right ahead and post, but first please take a few minutes to have a little search and read around before jumping in with "popular" questions :hugs:
Thanky y'all

Just bumping . . .

Jevne

#18 Marion

Marion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:41 PM

Plus, it doesn't hurt to use alternative terms eg if you're looking for knot magic, look up "cord", "string" and "thread".....the "thread" thread might be interesting :D Might refer you back here....!! LMAO
"Bart, the ability to add two-digit numbers does not make you a witch" ~ Lisa Simpson

Always up to witchery ~ Marion

#19 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:58 PM

Search help - I was trying to search a thread (if it existed) on planetary influence on specific working. Putting all that into the search got nothing, and putting just planets got a million threads on horoscope-type astrology. Is there a way to search for "x" putting in the addition of NOT "Xy"? I mean, there is probably a thread in here on what I was looking for but I can't think of how to narrow down the search to find it...

M

#20 Honeythorn

Honeythorn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:31 PM

The search function on this site is truly horrific. I can't search for anything with one short word in it. I get no results no matter how I variate that word or try an alternative. I'm also quite unsure about why you can't have less than 3 letters I think it is? Bit of a problem if the thing I'm after has 3 letters or less. Such as "of" , and is uses of hawthorn for example.

It really does make the search so complicated.

I'll do a wee test now using the example words : Basic craft. One would expect something to pop up based around either word. ....It hasn't. No results.

Another example. Moon magic. Both words that have been mentioned in threads on here on a variety of subjects . So theoretically some threads containing those searchwords should appear, this is what happens on most other forums I am a part of .... Nope, they don't throw up anything at all .

I basically haven't been able to search for a LOT of things on here since I joined. No joke.