My Shamrock Surprise

CelticGypsy

I'm pretty fortunate to be able to grow Shamrocks.  They are not only my friends but certain ones are my allies.  I have in any given room in the home at least two Shamrock plants at all times. 

My oldest Shamrock is the " mother " of all my green ones, I rescued her back in 1996 growing out of the tarmac in Shannon, Ireland while on a trip.

These Shamrocks do not produce a * seed * of sorts, but beneath the soil is like a *pod* of some sort. I never put them outside, as they have

such an aversion to wind, the close up and wilt.

I've used the petals of the leaves as well as the flowers for different kinds of workings.

Now here's the odd part, I got up this morning and there are two plants on the counter in the bathroom, on first observation, I didn't think

nothing of it, as they are sprouting up new shoots every day...... no big deal.   After I put my glasses on I looked at this bright green shoot, and it's not a Shamrock at all.   It's a Maple Tree shoot !   Don't ask me how it got there, I have no clue.  I even called my Son as he was visiting me here

in June and asked him if he was playing a practical joke on me, and he swears on his Mother's heart, he did not do such a thing.

Like I said, I never put them outside, they just don't like it at all, so unless one of the cat's did this, I really don't have an answer.

Perhaps I should look at what the Shamrocks are telling me, that I need to form a relationship with our Maples in the yard.  LOL !  I have relationships with all the other Trees in the yard, but not the Maple.

If anyone want to try their hand at growing this little Beauty, p.m. me, and when I do some more re-arranging, I'd be happy to let some of

the pods go.  They come from a good producing Mother, who still flowers to this day.  In the third picture if you look deep and close is the Mother of all my Green shamrocks, she produces lovely white flowers.  These plants are so easy to grow for anyone.

Regards,

Gypsy

Shamrocksurprise002_zps93461d0a.jpg?t=13

Shamrocksurprise004_zps8a5dbeb5.jpg?t=13

Shamrocksurprise003_zps65ebecbf.jpg?t=13

Looks different from the maple seedlings in my yard.  Going to keep it?

First of all.................. how nice to see you !  I'm not sure of the species of Maple that I have to be honest ~ V ~.  I do know that the large ones in the yard have green leaves all spring and summer, but come fall, the leaves turn a yellow/gold.  Much like the Birches in the yard.  It's rather cool, as the Sun marches down the Lake, that the Maples and Birches all bear these yellow medallion like leaves, they pay tribute to the Sun as the days grow shorter and shorter.

I just may keep this little tree in the house this fall and winter, after I transplant it to another pot, maybe put a Shamrock pod with it for company.  Right now the tree is sitting in a Waterford Crystal 3 legged dish, and won't have enough bottom room to expand it's root system.  Maybe by this act of kindness and letting it grow up a tad during the winter months, I'll be able to connect with the little Maple. 

I still can't figure out how this little scamp got into the house, let alone the crystal dish, it's taken up residence.  :huh: lol !

Regards,

Gypsy

How odd that a maple seed got in there... wonder if it has been dormant in the soil and something caused it to pop.  Lovely shamrocks!! 

I love your shamrockss!! They do look really healthy indeed.do you know anylore regarding the maple.I wonder if its a little message.

Thanks everybody.  I'm glad you enjoy them, they are such a lovely plant, especially when it's winter outside, the little green foliage is a bright spot to look at, and gives  somewhat hope that spring will be coming.

I did find some references to Maple Trees here, Rory :  I too am beginning to wonder as to a possible message, especially after I read  everything on the Post below.

Magickal Uses of Woods
Started By Tana, Jun 16 2011 02:48 PM

I know in the late spring early summer, these trees release their seed pods, and they are the whirly whirly kind, you know throw them up in the air they whirl their way down, I've known some, and have done this when working with the Air Element.  Releases spells on their blade like seed pod.  I've even places two pods together, and formed them into what looks like dragon fly wings, just for fun with seeds.

Honestly Aloe, I couldn't tell you, the Shammies were already in that bowl for months, growing like mad, and then when I discovered the Maple Tree Sprout the other day ??
The seed pod wasn't even buried in the soil, it's sitting on top of the soil, lol !  I don't know how that little bugger got in the house, let alone the frickin' bathroom, and in that bowl !  LOL !  It's just so damn happy in that bowl !  lol !  It's so easy for me to accept that if a cat brought it in on fur or something, but then I would of thought I'd find something on the floor too, ya know how your pets come in with yard debrise ? 

Regards,
Gypsy

• 5 months later...

Is the maple still growing?  I moved some of my shamrocks you sent me and harvested their dried blossoms today, made me think of this post. :)

I transplanted the Maple into her own container, and she's sitting on one of my window ledges facing the East.  I water her periodically but she is sleeping, she's doin' her own natural thing.  She even turned color and dropped her wee leaves this Fall, like all the big girls out in the yard.  She looks like a thin little reed, ya know like those reeds that ya put in that oil to make an area smell nice. Funny little thing.  I'll fertilize her later on in the spring, and drop some blood on her as well.   :smile:

Thanks for asking about Lil' Mz. Maple :smile:

Regards,

Gypsy

Archived