Ancestor Wind Chime

CelticGypsy

While on a visit to see my Mother, my sleep was disrupted with visits from the Women of my Family. To be honest I think it was because I was in close proximity to my Mother, that these Women kept interrupting my sleep.  My Grandmother, 2 Aunts, and my G.Grandmother.  They are waiting for Mother to come.  Passed down to me were some of their old glass beads, broaches, ear-rings.  Due to the distance between Mother and I, I was prompted to make an Ancestor Wind Chime, out of their old jewelry.

I took some grapevine from across the street, that I collected last year and wound in a wreath, made a canopy from my morning glory vines and embellished the earthy chime with their necklaces and broaches and ear-rings.  I had a piece of old tin and snipped that into 3 hearts and poked holes and attached that to the middle of the wreath. The miniature cow bells are attached to string of hearts are to call the Women to me, the tin hearts are 1 for me, 1 for Mom, and 1 for the Women.

windchime001_zps5af7332f.jpg?t=137338386windchime002_zps0dbe582c.jpg?t=137338415windchime006_zpscd198266.jpg?t=137338429

With this connection now to the Women, I will be a better * listener * when they arrive and will be better able to assist them, when they come to help my Mother cross over and be with them.

Regards,

Gypsy

You made it!!! Its lovely. What is the sound like. Is it a high or low tune. You must tell how you get on with it CG. Ok tell a little lol.

I agree it is very moving and inspiring .

Thank you Everybody for your kind words.  I learned something else about this Chime, after it got hung up in the tree.  The Chain, is from an old chime clock, and was used to hold the weight, so the pendulum would tick out " time ".  I never thought of that when I was making it.  Funny and humbling it was to learn certain symbolism in this working.

Thank you again.

Rory :  The miniature cow bells ring in a high tone, and when the hearts hit against one or more of the beaded necklaces they sing out a low tone. :smile:

Regards,

Gypsy

• 2 weeks later...

Crafty Lass , it's good to see someone revive things of past adornments to give them a new purpose in life as well as in spirit . Very well done !!! :witch_bounce:

Nabu / Jack

• 5 weeks later...

Wonderful idea!  Now I know what to do with all those beaded necklaces I have from my mother and grandmother.  You are so crafty and talented, CG.

Archived