Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam

Daily Draw

Mythic Tarot. No special question.

Drew: 8 of cups

My take on it is to use this as a meditation and find out how this benefits me or how to make use of the information about the card in a positive way.

Decided to draw 2 more cards so am going to interpret for myself and ask you to do the same and PM me if you wish or answer here.

#2 Draw: The Devil

#3 Draw: The Hierophant

I'm getting from this that I need to face challenges and change will come from loss of relationship I'm now in, though I will not be without a guide through the depression and natural consequences of such happenings.

What does anyone else think? :ermm:

Yesterday and today I shuffled my Mythic Tarot deck thoroughly and then picked the top card after cutting the deck in half. Yesterday was the Four of Wands, and actually the day before this I got Temperance. Today was Nine of Wands. They all so oddly fit with my thoughts and feelings it was profound. Each day!!! So I had to write something about it here. I wrote a blog entry for today's card at Deviantart dot com. http://theneva.deviantart.com/ also. So now I'm motivated to continue the daily card reads. It can only get better. Or maybe it's just the fact that I'm a stickler for shuffling thoroughly enough. lol I used to play solitaire a lot. A LOT. My gramma did too. Guess I picked up the habit from her a bit. She never read tarot but cards feel familiar to me in so many ways.

I pasted this from my blog here! Maybe I'll keep it up here rather than making a blog out of it from now on. Might learn something in the process. lol

It has been my experience, that daily draws really do assist one in getting better at reading Tarot, and they help to guide the person for the day. I find though, that I need to take a break from it sometimes.

Mythic Tarot. No special question.

Drew: 8 of cups

My take on it is to use this as a meditation and find out how this benefits me or how to make use of the information about the card in a positive way.

Decided to draw 2 more cards so am going to interpret for myself and ask you to do the same and PM me if you wish or answer here.

#2 Draw: The Devil

#3 Draw: The Hierophant

I'm getting from this that I need to face challenges and change will come from loss of relationship I'm now in, though I will not be without a guide through the depression and natural consequences of such happenings.

What does anyone else think? :ermm:

I'm a little confused. you said no question was asked. My experience is that a question must always be asked, or how else will the proper cards come up, and for them to be interpreted correctly.

So, I will not be able to comment on your interpreation.

I'm a little confused. you said no question was asked. My experience is that a question must always be asked, or how else will the proper cards come up, and for them to be interpreted correctly.

So, I will not be able to comment on your interpreation.

I agree with Autumn Moon.  Tarot cards need to be read in context to a question or situation, even if that question is "What's in store for me in the near future?"  I would not use, nor would my Cards respond, to such an ambiguous question, but I know that some folks like to use Tarot for getting a general sense for their day.  Perhaps, that is what Theneva was implying.

Has anyone tried a tarot app for the smart phone?  I have been doing a daily draw on that to become more familiar with the rider waite imagery.  For being an app its surprisingly accurate. I had my reservations at first because it wasn't the actual cards but considering my funky way with electronics I said fuck it and tried it.  Works decent. I would still pull out my real cards for in depth readings though. 

Check it out.  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hemisphere3.tarot

:crystal-gazing: Yes- I downloaded the Angel Tarot and in a pinch it will do.

I think with daily reading, for myself, the "question " isn't really necessary- because I know what is in the forefront of my mind or the decision I have to make.

When reading for others I have them keep the quesion in their mind - but I don't want it in mine- that just makes it harder for me to read the cards objectively- (if there is such a thing)

I don't read reversals either instead I try look at the whole meaning- light and dark-

Can't seem to interpret time frame at all. Oh well, practice makes perfect.

:crystal-gazing: Yes- I downloaded the Angel Tarot and in a pinch it will do.

I think with daily reading, for myself, the "question " isn't really necessary- because I know what is in the forefront of my mind or the decision I have to make.

When reading for others I have them keep the quesion in their mind - but I don't want it in mine- that just makes it harder for me to read the cards objectively- (if there is such a thing)

I don't read reversals either instead I try look at the whole meaning- light and dark-

Can't seem to interpret time frame at all. Oh well, practice makes perfect.

________

Knowing that, gives you the direction - it's a question or situation in your head.

I find, that the more specific my question is, the more specific the answer is. If I ask a nebulous/general question, I get a general answer.

I don't read for others (I can and do read about others, if I need to know something - my ethics are okay with that), but if I did, I would want to know what their query is, because it gives me some direction in reading the cards so I answer their question, and not something they did not come for. If all they want is general, then thats okay - it still provides some direction. I would not be comfortable not knowing what they are looking for.

If I do not ask the question out loud or state the nature of the situation, all I'm going to get out of a reading is what is banging around in my head. That is generally not what I'm looking for. I mean I already know what's going on in my head. I use the cards as a portal for communication with my ancestors and my guides. They do not know what I want to know about unless I say something. The whole universe cannot read my mind. Those that I am close with may be able to make assumptions based on my behavior, but that is generally the limit of their mind reading ability. Most likely they would not want to do so even if they could. They will use the cards to give me insight into scenarios that I'm not aware of. Like telling me what to look for or watch out for, but they generally do not know what questions I have unless I tell them.

I do a daily draw and week ahead on my tarot blog, currently I'm only using The Oracle of the Shapeshifters and The Wildwood Tarot because they fit where I am now (also I have a few tarot and oracle decks but I've chosen to narrow for now). I try just for general energies of the day, it's mostly an exercise in familiarising myself with the cards and getting to know them well.

This thread may be relevant as well! I would hate to be the only one posting so if anyone else wants to do a daily draw with my I can try to commit myself to it as well :)

I like this idea as well! Drew for today: lacking energy and drive, feeling stuck and frustrated....there is a need to break routine.

I drew this card from my Wildwood deck.

On the surface I thought it suggested learning about tradition and the ways people used to do things. In this context the card relates to the cycle of new generations carrying on traditions. I think it also speaks to ancestor work, honoring the past, and creating new traditions.

As a practical application it speaks to me regarding building a foundation, looking for answers within tradition, and continuing established life traditions instead of doing something different.

My card today pointed out some of the financial worries I have been dealing with, and gave me a new take on how I should address living while under that type of weight. It was very encouraging, insightful, and gave me a much needed and new perspective on an old problem.

I have the Death card today. It's appropriate because I'm letting go of some things (beliefs) I don't need anymore, and that's going to allow some new things to come in, like Voodoo for instance.

Drew 8 of Pentacles today (Druidcraft)...Pay attention to the details, remain focused and diligent, work with patience and skill.

Two hours later my computer somehow got a virus...don't know how, as I didn't download any software or open any programs up, but there it was...huge advertising banners flashing, shaking on the page, even TW pages.

Spent over two hours getting rid of every trace of it.

In the afternoon, my wife's paid for talking book arrives on 6 CD's. Two hours spent converting/renaming files to make one single CD for her to listen to.

The card was highly accurate for today's events!

post-1114-0-62543300-1438043897_thumb.jpg

I got a new deck yesterday, the Radiant Rider-Waite. I’m entering a new phase of life, and I wanted a deck that reflected that. My previous deck was 18 years old. It felt heavy and tired, like it was time to retire the deck. So I did, and went with the one that felt light and fresh, that mirrors my current path. This was my first reading with this deck, and I finally feel in tune with the cards again (I’ve not touched tarot in about a year).

My question: How should I proceed today?

Four of Swords, Four of Pentacles, Seven of Pentacles

My interpretation:

It is true that I need to retreat into myself and be alone today. I woke up quite emotional, and in that state it is always best for me to light candles and be alone until I work through it. I’ve been thinking very strongly about starting a three day money spell, since Friday is the full (Blue) moon. I also happen to work all weekend, and so was considering beginning this spell so that I could hope to draw more tips than usual at work. These cards tell me that I need to make sure that I am grateful for my possessions. The seven tells me that I can proceed with the money drawing, but I really had the strong impression that I need to make sure I truly appreciate what I have before I proceed.

I’m pretty rusty, and my memory fails me, so I hate that I even had to consult the ‘little white book’ for my initial understanding of the cards. But, aside from that, I feel that my new cards are getting to know me quite well already!

I would take it more slowly.

Yes, the 4 of swords is normally a card of spiritual retreat, of understanding and of deep self-reflection. It is a static card, and I normally treat it as an advice to not move, but rather ponder things a little bit longer and to try and get new knowledge and fresh understanding on the matter at hand.

The 4 of pentacles is a card of material, rather than spiritual, stagnation. I would read this as: if you don't get it right spiritually you're not going to get the advancement that you need, that is, the 4 of pentacles is not going to become the 7.

7 is 4 augmented by three, a solid base with a new construction on top of it, a dynamic achievement which sets things in motion and could eventually lead to the abundance of the 8.

I wouldn't read spellwork in it, I tend to relate spellwork advice to the suit of wands. And fours, in general, are not cards that advice for immediate action.

So maybe the solution is not to be found in spellwork but carefully planeed action?

My two cents, hope they help :)

Aria

Aria,

Thank you for taking the time to interpret my draw and reply so thoughtfully! Your interpretation turns out to be much more accurate, I added a couple of commitments to my schedule yesterday that officially leave me no time to either create or perform any kind of spellwork. I need to work more on remaining objective on my readings, and listen to what the cards are actually saying rather than hearing what I want to hear. Patience is definitely a virtue I struggle with.

My drawing today: What is my advice for today?

Two of Cups (reversed): This card is about relationships and the obstacles that can come between a relationship. I think that this is telling me that I need to make sure to communicate clearly with partner so that lack of communication doesn’t become a problem for us. Also that I should be careful not to let my own doubts and fears interfere with my forward progression… (I think)

Three of Swords (reversed): This card is about adversity and delays. Things that will seem really negative, but that in the long run will have happened for a reason. I take this as saying that it’s probably not going to be a great day, but that there will be a positive out of it all eventually.

Ace of Cups (reversed): This card is about forming ideas or fresh starts/new beginnings. I think that it reinforces the idea above that it may take time before these new ideas and new beginnings actually come to fruition, but that it is reinforcing the idea that they WILL eventually.

I am not sure what to make of the fact that ALL the cards were reversed...

Glad it helped :)

Re your latest spread: I think you're right, but I'd put more attention to the suits and the procession of the numbers.

Cups-swords-cups, two-three-one... if you have a meeting with someone today (two of cups) there may be some disagreement or argument (three of swords) that may leave you upset or feeling different regarding the person/issue.

The fact that all cards are reversed... it's not necessarily a bad thing. The most important question is: do you read reversed? I find that that's a thing that must be decided in advance. I know people who treat reversed cards as if they were upright, and people who use reversed meanings. Both approaches work, in my opinion, you just need to be clear in your thoughts about what your approach is.

Besides the spread, I wish you a great day :D

Aria

I hope that it is okay to bump this post. 

Each day I choose a deck that calls to me, and reach out for advice or messages that my spirit guides may have ( This is a new practice for me, trying to learn how to open myself up to spirit guides more) 

Todays card jumped out at me and couldnt be more on point. 

5a432818312e817ce5e73e23742bd6bf.jpg

I currently use the deviant moon tarot deck the most. 9 of swords reversed.

Immediately I felt what it is telling me.  I spend a HUGE amount of time obsessing, catastrophizing and being anxious over things in my mind, especially at night before bed. It all rushes to my mind as I am laying there, making it hard to sleep. Right now I am obsessing over blood work test results that I am due to have back any day now, and each night has been a struggle. I am learning to relax, and tell myself that things are going to be okay no matter what. 

I feel the message is to let me know that I am aware of what I am doing is harming me, doing no good for anyone, and its noted that I am taking steps to get better. ( I have actually been able to sleep that past few nights. In the past I would have been awake all night with crippling anxiety. This is a HUGE step for me)

The card lets me know " Hey, you know what you are doing, anxiety is ruling you. You stess and fear all night, and its consuming and harming you. (It is actually leading me to dread night , when I should not!!) You are taking steps to fix this, and it can go even further. Don't allow it to consume you" Fear can be good, as long as it is not taking over, especially when its not necessary. 

I had some troubling news today, definitely not what I wanted to hear. After a while I was sitting here and felt a pull to my oracle cards. This one fell out as I was shuffling, not really focused on anything. I feel like cards truly speak to me lately. 

v9XAhCJ.jpg?2

@Kalinia.....Those words make a lot of sense. 

I pulled a card from the Lenormand deck today which I know was meant for somebody else. 

It was the Heart...A sign of happiness, Today you'll feel happy and elated. Use these moments of inspiration.

This is todays card. I asked my guides how I can connect with them even more. 

0P5XwZN.jpg?2

What I get from this is that I really have to start acknowledging that they are real, and reaching out to communicate more. Keep them in my thoughts, meditate, open myself up more ( I wrote another thread asking on ways to protect, this is very new to me)

Could use some help interpreting a card today.

My daily draw was The Stag in the Wildwood Deck. This is essentially the Justice card and I knew immediately that it was referring to something that needs balance in my life, because I do feel off balance in a couple of areas right now. So I did a three card draw to help clarify.

My question was: "what decision does the Stag want to bring balance to, and how should I proceed?"

1) THE ISSUE- 10 of Arrows/Swords. This was right on target, as I was dealing with an argument that felt an awful lot like a betrayal to me. I also interpret the ten of Swords to be indicative that there might be some overreaction or overkill in the argument which is true. Just like the ten swords in the back is overkill, the argument that I had was both of us overreacting over pretty trivial bullshit and we both brought some awful personal attacks into the mix. Sleep deprivation and alcohol was unfortunately also a factor. In the Wildwood deck, the Ten of Arrows also has an emphasis on "instruction" ...what can I learn from this argument? That, along with how to react to the argument seems to be the decision/imbalance in question.

2) ACTION TO AVOID- King of Stones/Pentacles. I believe this speaks to the fact that the argument itself was very much a power struggle between two equals that were trying to prove their worth to each other. We were both being very controlling over the project we were working on and taking it in two different directions. This card in this position tells me that the friendship is more important than being in authority or dominating the project in this instance. And though I wasn't intentionally being domineering, I can now see how my actions were perceived as being possessive over my workspace and the project, and might have undermined my partner's ability to freely create.

3) ACTION TO TAKE- The Hooded Man/Hermit (reversed). Okay this is where I need help. Traditionally this reversed hermit means you are overly isolated or lonely, but that doesn't really fit in this position. I'd love someone's advice on what this card could mean in this context.

I'm super tired but I will look at this spread more. Tomorrow and let ya know what I think!

I drew the tower card today. For me I associate it with feeling like things are falling apart but with that comes room to rebuild.