• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 mojaveburning

mojaveburning

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:37 PM

I got a new deck yesterday, the Radiant Rider-Waite. I’m entering a new phase of life, and I wanted a deck that reflected that. My previous deck was 18 years old. It felt heavy and tired, like it was time to retire the deck. So I did, and went with the one that felt light and fresh, that mirrors my current path. This was my first reading with this deck, and I finally feel in tune with the cards again (I’ve not touched tarot in about a year).

My question: How should I proceed today?
Four of Swords, Four of Pentacles, Seven of Pentacles
My interpretation:

It is true that I need to retreat into myself and be alone today. I woke up quite emotional, and in that state it is always best for me to light candles and be alone until I work through it. I’ve been thinking very strongly about starting a three day money spell, since Friday is the full (Blue) moon. I also happen to work all weekend, and so was considering beginning this spell so that I could hope to draw more tips than usual at work. These cards tell me that I need to make sure that I am grateful for my possessions. The seven tells me that I can proceed with the money drawing, but I really had the strong impression that I need to make sure I truly appreciate what I have before I proceed.

I’m pretty rusty, and my memory fails me, so I hate that I even had to consult the ‘little white book’ for my initial understanding of the cards. But, aside from that, I feel that my new cards are getting to know me quite well already!

Edited by mojaveburning, 29 July 2015 - 02:38 PM.

#42 Aria

Aria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:48 AM

I would take it more slowly.

Yes, the 4 of swords is normally a card of spiritual retreat, of understanding and of deep self-reflection. It is a static card, and I normally treat it as an advice to not move, but rather ponder things a little bit longer and to try and get new knowledge and fresh understanding on the matter at hand.
The 4 of pentacles is a card of material, rather than spiritual, stagnation. I would read this as: if you don't get it right spiritually you're not going to get the advancement that you need, that is, the 4 of pentacles is not going to become the 7.
7 is 4 augmented by three, a solid base with a new construction on top of it, a dynamic achievement which sets things in motion and could eventually lead to the abundance of the 8.

I wouldn't read spellwork in it, I tend to relate spellwork advice to the suit of wands. And fours, in general, are not cards that advice for immediate action.
So maybe the solution is not to be found in spellwork but carefully planeed action?

My two cents, hope they help :)

Aria

La strega è un frutto di terra. (M.)

#43 mojaveburning

mojaveburning

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:10 PM

Aria,
Thank you for taking the time to interpret my draw and reply so thoughtfully! Your interpretation turns out to be much more accurate, I added a couple of commitments to my schedule yesterday that officially leave me no time to either create or perform any kind of spellwork. I need to work more on remaining objective on my readings, and listen to what the cards are actually saying rather than hearing what I want to hear. Patience is definitely a virtue I struggle with.

My drawing today: What is my advice for today?

Two of Cups (reversed): This card is about relationships and the obstacles that can come between a relationship. I think that this is telling me that I need to make sure to communicate clearly with partner so that lack of communication doesn’t become a problem for us. Also that I should be careful not to let my own doubts and fears interfere with my forward progression… (I think)

Three of Swords (reversed): This card is about adversity and delays. Things that will seem really negative, but that in the long run will have happened for a reason. I take this as saying that it’s probably not going to be a great day, but that there will be a positive out of it all eventually.

Ace of Cups (reversed): This card is about forming ideas or fresh starts/new beginnings. I think that it reinforces the idea above that it may take time before these new ideas and new beginnings actually come to fruition, but that it is reinforcing the idea that they WILL eventually.

I am not sure what to make of the fact that ALL the cards were reversed...

Edited by mojaveburning, 30 July 2015 - 02:12 PM.

#44 Aria

Aria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:24 AM

Glad it helped :)
Re your latest spread: I think you're right, but I'd put more attention to the suits and the procession of the numbers.

Cups-swords-cups, two-three-one... if you have a meeting with someone today (two of cups) there may be some disagreement or argument (three of swords) that may leave you upset or feeling different regarding the person/issue.

The fact that all cards are reversed... it's not necessarily a bad thing. The most important question is: do you read reversed? I find that that's a thing that must be decided in advance. I know people who treat reversed cards as if they were upright, and people who use reversed meanings. Both approaches work, in my opinion, you just need to be clear in your thoughts about what your approach is.

Besides the spread, I wish you a great day :D

Aria

La strega è un frutto di terra. (M.)

#45 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 05:23 PM

I hope that it is okay to bump this post. 

Each day I choose a deck that calls to me, and reach out for advice or messages that my spirit guides may have ( This is a new practice for me, trying to learn how to open myself up to spirit guides more) 

Todays card jumped out at me and couldnt be more on point. 

5a432818312e817ce5e73e23742bd6bf.jpg

I currently use the deviant moon tarot deck the most. 9 of swords reversed.

Immediately I felt what it is telling me.  I spend a HUGE amount of time obsessing, catastrophizing and being anxious over things in my mind, especially at night before bed. It all rushes to my mind as I am laying there, making it hard to sleep. Right now I am obsessing over blood work test results that I am due to have back any day now, and each night has been a struggle. I am learning to relax, and tell myself that things are going to be okay no matter what. 

I feel the message is to let me know that I am aware of what I am doing is harming me, doing no good for anyone, and its noted that I am taking steps to get better. ( I have actually been able to sleep that past few nights. In the past I would have been awake all night with crippling anxiety. This is a HUGE step for me)

The card lets me know " Hey, you know what you are doing, anxiety is ruling you. You stess and fear all night, and its consuming and harming you. (It is actually leading me to dread night , when I should not!!) You are taking steps to fix this, and it can go even further. Don't allow it to consume you" Fear can be good, as long as it is not taking over, especially when its not necessary. 

#46 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 02:37 AM

I had some troubling news today, definitely not what I wanted to hear. After a while I was sitting here and felt a pull to my oracle cards. This one fell out as I was shuffling, not really focused on anything. I feel like cards truly speak to me lately. 

v9XAhCJ.jpg?2

#47 Belle

Belle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 03:21 AM

@Kalinia.....Those words make a lot of sense. 

I pulled a card from the Lenormand deck today which I know was meant for somebody else. 

It was the Heart...A sign of happiness, Today you'll feel happy and elated. Use these moments of inspiration.

#48 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:04 PM

This is todays card. I asked my guides how I can connect with them even more. 

0P5XwZN.jpg?2

What I get from this is that I really have to start acknowledging that they are real, and reaching out to communicate more. Keep them in my thoughts, meditate, open myself up more ( I wrote another thread asking on ways to protect, this is very new to me)

#49 RapunzelGnome

RapunzelGnome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:36 AM

Could use some help interpreting a card today.
My daily draw was The Stag in the Wildwood Deck. This is essentially the Justice card and I knew immediately that it was referring to something that needs balance in my life, because I do feel off balance in a couple of areas right now. So I did a three card draw to help clarify.

My question was: "what decision does the Stag want to bring balance to, and how should I proceed?"

1) THE ISSUE- 10 of Arrows/Swords. This was right on target, as I was dealing with an argument that felt an awful lot like a betrayal to me. I also interpret the ten of Swords to be indicative that there might be some overreaction or overkill in the argument which is true. Just like the ten swords in the back is overkill, the argument that I had was both of us overreacting over pretty trivial bullshit and we both brought some awful personal attacks into the mix. Sleep deprivation and alcohol was unfortunately also a factor. In the Wildwood deck, the Ten of Arrows also has an emphasis on "instruction" ...what can I learn from this argument? That, along with how to react to the argument seems to be the decision/imbalance in question.

2) ACTION TO AVOID- King of Stones/Pentacles. I believe this speaks to the fact that the argument itself was very much a power struggle between two equals that were trying to prove their worth to each other. We were both being very controlling over the project we were working on and taking it in two different directions. This card in this position tells me that the friendship is more important than being in authority or dominating the project in this instance. And though I wasn't intentionally being domineering, I can now see how my actions were perceived as being possessive over my workspace and the project, and might have undermined my partner's ability to freely create.

3) ACTION TO TAKE- The Hooded Man/Hermit (reversed). Okay this is where I need help. Traditionally this reversed hermit means you are overly isolated or lonely, but that doesn't really fit in this position. I'd love someone's advice on what this card could mean in this context.

#50 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:35 AM

I'm super tired but I will look at this spread more. Tomorrow and let ya know what I think!

I drew the tower card today. For me I associate it with feeling like things are falling apart but with that comes room to rebuild.

#51 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 03:16 PM

Perhaps its meant that if you both continue going on as you were, to cause you to do the reading, you will end up isolated, uninspired, lonely and your creative talent will not be at its full potential. So as in action to take, it means to reflect on everything, and find what you  have to do to avoid becoming isolated and lonely. Changes are happening now because of it perhaps, and to hold on to the connection, something has to be done. 

#52 RapunzelGnome

RapunzelGnome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 03:53 PM

Thank you Kalinia. I think that's probably along the right lines. Both of us tend to withdraw and mope about after any conflict when maybe what we need to do is keep trying to move past this. I think its also a warning to not sit around rehashing and mulling over painful things that were said while drunk and sleep deprived.

I always have trouble interpreting the cards when certain reversed cards shows up in a "positive" position like this and I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Edited by RapunzelGnome, 16 March 2016 - 03:54 PM.

#53 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:42 AM

I've had similar thoughts before but what I've learned is that the cards are a tool used to help paint a bigger picture. Sometimes a "negative" in the positive is showing us the bigger scope of what to do to get out of the negative!

I hope you can move past it for your own peace of mind. Dwelling and moping really takes its toll.

#54 RapunzelGnome

RapunzelGnome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:03 PM

Again I drew the Ten of Arrows today, this time reversed, suggesting to me that there is something big that I am missing in my life right now that is going to have a big impact...a betrayal or ending of some kind. This is confirmed by some astrological indications as well. This is seriously the third or fourth time this card has popped up in my readings lately.

And a great big "Ugh" is all I have to say about that. Perhaps another form of divination is required to discern whaf is lying under the surface.

---
As an update to the reading above, I can confirm that the reversed Hermt card that influenced me to go above and beyond to reconnect with my friend after our argument (rather than withdrawing and isolating) was quite beneficial. Not only did we quickly reconcile but we had a great week of further bonding and seriously creative productivit as partners. Things are stronger than ever.

Edited by RapunzelGnome, 22 March 2016 - 11:05 PM.

#55 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:57 AM

With it reversed it is pointing at you, yes? I wonder if you already know deep down what is going to end but it is too hard to consciously willingly think about? What I get from the card is that once you do you will finally be able to move forward.

Cards are so interesting!

#56 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 10:56 PM

Queen of pentacles. 

This one flew out at me today. 

What I get from it, is that I have different focal points in my life. Being a mother, a wife, and also the sole provider who owns her own business. I have to keep a balance. When tough things happen, I have to learn to find a way to deal with it/them, fix it, and move on instead of becoming stagnant and on a downward spiral. Balance is key! 

#57 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 03:48 PM

My cards have been spot on lately, and really helping to keep me grounded. Here is yesterdays.

u3CtYPE.jpg

and here is todays.

pMXUKvw.jpg?1

I have a lot to think about and do. These readings have really been enlightening and helpful. 

#58 Kalinia

Kalinia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:01 PM

Today's card = king of wands reversed. Universal Waite tarot.
Relationship between what I felt and the definition : Do not set up unrealistic expectations. Be realistic. There are great people around me who love me and are here for support. Reach out if I need them. Find my strength. Inner and physical. Start slowly working out again, and continue to explore my path of spirituality, and do not be afraid to reach out to others who are doing the same.

What I feel from the card- Do not lose sight of my position of power. Maintain a close relationship with allies. Friends, pets, family. Do not let the go, or get stuck in my head. Do not become isolated and shut off from everyone, and stuck in a downward spiral of negative emotions. Find my inner strength again, and reach out to others.

What stands out on the card. The lizard companion. The look on the powerful kings face. Power, but sadness/emptyness