• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 Kera

Kera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:48 PM

Hey there everyone hope you're all having a wonderful summer. I just recently started dabbling with Tarot, I love everything about the cards, the artwork, the history behind them, as well as the entire concept, and I feel very drawn to them. I specifically waited for a time in my life that is more settled and I can dedicate more time to learning tarot. So now that time has come and I am stuck! I know it's going to take time learning, but I just don't know how to get past reading the cards meanings other than the meanings from a book. Any suggestions on how to get more intuitive in reading the cards messages? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have been doing a daily reading every morning and keeping a log but I have only been pulling one card. Reason being just to get familiar with all of the cards. I ask every morning." what do I need to know for today?" I have been pulling the Empress several times and have been trying to see how she fits in my life currently. I'm pretty sure that's a good card, and it hasn't been reversed any of the times, but because I'm just learning I feel I'm missing a big part of the message. I like how most of you are pulling three, I suspect that my tell a more detailed story?
Kera

Why Pamper Life's Complexities When the Leather Runs Smooth On The Passenger Seat -Morrissey

#22 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

Okay folks, sorry had a lot to do in the past few days. Here is my draw for today.

Druidcraft

What advice do I need to follow today?

Magician, 2S r, Hanged Man r.

interpretation: Today is not the day to make sacrifices or to win by yielding. Don't sit on the fence today. use your innate intellect to go around obstacles and choose the best path for you. Exert the force of your will and experience to achieve what you want/need today.

#23 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

The other day, my brother and his wife were supposed to come over at 1:30 pm. She is in a wheel chair, and often in pain, so if it was raining, or she was in a lot of pain, she would not be able to come. They live about 35 minutes (by the highway) away from us.

In the morning I did a reading asking a yes or no question as to whether they would be coming over. What I got was World r, 10C, and the Fool r.

Most taroists, I have read (on a forum I use to belong to), do not have much success with tarot and yes/no questions, but it seems to work fine for me. I use reversed cards, which for me, adds another dimension to the reading of the cards, especially for yes/no questions.

I interpreted the layout as 'no' they would not come due to situations beyond their control (two major arcana in the layout), but that they really wanted to get together with us 10C

At 12:30 pm all was sunny where we live, but my wife decided to call them. My brother's wife said it was raining heavy and they would not be able to make it. An hour later, it was raining heavy where we live.

Attached Files

#24 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:35 AM

Druidcraft. What advice should I follow today?

Drew: The High Priest (Hierophant) r, 9C, 4S.

You interpret it!

#25 Theneva

Theneva

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

Yesterday and today I shuffled my Mythic Tarot deck thoroughly and then picked the top card after cutting the deck in half. Yesterday was the Four of Wands, and actually the day before this I got Temperance. Today was Nine of Wands. They all so oddly fit with my thoughts and feelings it was profound. Each day!!! So I had to write something about it here. I wrote a blog entry for today's card at Deviantart dot com. http://theneva.deviantart.com/ also. So now I'm motivated to continue the daily card reads. It can only get better. Or maybe it's just the fact that I'm a stickler for shuffling thoroughly enough. lol I used to play solitaire a lot. A LOT. My gramma did too. Guess I picked up the habit from her a bit. She never read tarot but cards feel familiar to me in so many ways.

I pasted this from my blog here! Maybe I'll keep it up here rather than making a blog out of it from now on. Might learn something in the process. lol

Edited by Theneva, 19 October 2013 - 10:58 PM.

It is hard to fight an enemy who has outposts in your head.

~Sally Kempton

Theneva~ Theneu, Thenu, and Denw. The daughter of a Pictish king.

(I believe this over the xtianized name explanation)

#26 Theneva

Theneva

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

Mythic Tarot. No special question.

Drew: 8 of cups

My take on it is to use this as a meditation and find out how this benefits me or how to make use of the information about the card in a positive way.

Decided to draw 2 more cards so am going to interpret for myself and ask you to do the same and PM me if you wish or answer here.

#2 Draw: The Devil

#3 Draw: The Hierophant

I'm getting from this that I need to face challenges and change will come from loss of relationship I'm now in, though I will not be without a guide through the depression and natural consequences of such happenings.

What does anyone else think? :ermm:

Edited by Theneva, 19 October 2013 - 11:43 PM.

It is hard to fight an enemy who has outposts in your head.

~Sally Kempton

Theneva~ Theneu, Thenu, and Denw. The daughter of a Pictish king.

(I believe this over the xtianized name explanation)

#27 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

Yesterday and today I shuffled my Mythic Tarot deck thoroughly and then picked the top card after cutting the deck in half. Yesterday was the Four of Wands, and actually the day before this I got Temperance. Today was Nine of Wands. They all so oddly fit with my thoughts and feelings it was profound. Each day!!! So I had to write something about it here. I wrote a blog entry for today's card at Deviantart dot com. http://theneva.deviantart.com/ also. So now I'm motivated to continue the daily card reads. It can only get better. Or maybe it's just the fact that I'm a stickler for shuffling thoroughly enough. lol I used to play solitaire a lot. A LOT. My gramma did too. Guess I picked up the habit from her a bit. She never read tarot but cards feel familiar to me in so many ways.

I pasted this from my blog here! Maybe I'll keep it up here rather than making a blog out of it from now on. Might learn something in the process. lol

It has been my experience, that daily draws really do assist one in getting better at reading Tarot, and they help to guide the person for the day. I find though, that I need to take a break from it sometimes.

#28 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

Mythic Tarot. No special question.

Drew: 8 of cups

My take on it is to use this as a meditation and find out how this benefits me or how to make use of the information about the card in a positive way.

Decided to draw 2 more cards so am going to interpret for myself and ask you to do the same and PM me if you wish or answer here.

#2 Draw: The Devil

#3 Draw: The Hierophant

I'm getting from this that I need to face challenges and change will come from loss of relationship I'm now in, though I will not be without a guide through the depression and natural consequences of such happenings.

What does anyone else think? :ermm:

I'm a little confused. you said no question was asked. My experience is that a question must always be asked, or how else will the proper cards come up, and for them to be interpreted correctly.

So, I will not be able to comment on your interpreation.

#29 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:34 AM

I'm a little confused. you said no question was asked. My experience is that a question must always be asked, or how else will the proper cards come up, and for them to be interpreted correctly.

So, I will not be able to comment on your interpreation.

I agree with Autumn Moon.  Tarot cards need to be read in context to a question or situation, even if that question is "What's in store for me in the near future?"  I would not use, nor would my Cards respond, to such an ambiguous question, but I know that some folks like to use Tarot for getting a general sense for their day.  Perhaps, that is what Theneva was implying.

#30 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:14 AM

Has anyone tried a tarot app for the smart phone?  I have been doing a daily draw on that to become more familiar with the rider waite imagery.  For being an app its surprisingly accurate. I had my reservations at first because it wasn't the actual cards but considering my funky way with electronics I said fuck it and tried it.  Works decent. I would still pull out my real cards for in depth readings though. 

Check it out.  https://play.google....misphere3.tarot

#31 Belwenda

Belwenda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:11 AM

:crystal-gazing: Yes- I downloaded the Angel Tarot and in a pinch it will do.

I think with daily reading, for myself, the "question " isn't really necessary- because I know what is in the forefront of my mind or the decision I have to make.

When reading for others I have them keep the quesion in their mind - but I don't want it in mine- that just makes it harder for me to read the cards objectively- (if there is such a thing)

I don't read reversals either instead I try look at the whole meaning- light and dark-

Can't seem to interpret time frame at all. Oh well, practice makes perfect.

"For there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" W.S.

#32 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

:crystal-gazing: Yes- I downloaded the Angel Tarot and in a pinch it will do.

I think with daily reading, for myself, the "question " isn't really necessary- because I know what is in the forefront of my mind or the decision I have to make.

When reading for others I have them keep the quesion in their mind - but I don't want it in mine- that just makes it harder for me to read the cards objectively- (if there is such a thing)

I don't read reversals either instead I try look at the whole meaning- light and dark-

Can't seem to interpret time frame at all. Oh well, practice makes perfect.

________

Knowing that, gives you the direction - it's a question or situation in your head.

I find, that the more specific my question is, the more specific the answer is. If I ask a nebulous/general question, I get a general answer.

I don't read for others (I can and do read about others, if I need to know something - my ethics are okay with that), but if I did, I would want to know what their query is, because it gives me some direction in reading the cards so I answer their question, and not something they did not come for. If all they want is general, then thats okay - it still provides some direction. I would not be comfortable not knowing what they are looking for.

#33 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:01 PM

If I do not ask the question out loud or state the nature of the situation, all I'm going to get out of a reading is what is banging around in my head. That is generally not what I'm looking for. I mean I already know what's going on in my head. I use the cards as a portal for communication with my ancestors and my guides. They do not know what I want to know about unless I say something. The whole universe cannot read my mind. Those that I am close with may be able to make assumptions based on my behavior, but that is generally the limit of their mind reading ability. Most likely they would not want to do so even if they could. They will use the cards to give me insight into scenarios that I'm not aware of. Like telling me what to look for or watch out for, but they generally do not know what questions I have unless I tell them.

#34 Stacey

Stacey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:26 AM

I do a daily draw and week ahead on my tarot blog, currently I'm only using The Oracle of the Shapeshifters and The Wildwood Tarot because they fit where I am now (also I have a few tarot and oracle decks but I've chosen to narrow for now). I try just for general energies of the day, it's mostly an exercise in familiarising myself with the cards and getting to know them well.

"The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by an invader. The mind is a complex and many-layered thing." Severus Snape - HP and the Order of the Phoenix

#35 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:25 PM

This thread may be relevant as well! I would hate to be the only one posting so if anyone else wants to do a daily draw with my I can try to commit myself to it as well :)

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#36 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:01 AM

I like this idea as well! Drew for today: lacking energy and drive, feeling stuck and frustrated....there is a need to break routine.

RSKHFMY

#37 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:37 PM

I drew this card from my Wildwood deck.

On the surface I thought it suggested learning about tradition and the ways people used to do things. In this context the card relates to the cycle of new generations carrying on traditions. I think it also speaks to ancestor work, honoring the past, and creating new traditions.

As a practical application it speaks to me regarding building a foundation, looking for answers within tradition, and continuing established life traditions instead of doing something different.

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#38 Ravenshaw

Ravenshaw

Life is good

• Moderators
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

My card today pointed out some of the financial worries I have been dealing with, and gave me a new take on how I should address living while under that type of weight. It was very encouraging, insightful, and gave me a much needed and new perspective on an old problem.

RSKHFMY

#39 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

I have the Death card today. It's appropriate because I'm letting go of some things (beliefs) I don't need anymore, and that's going to allow some new things to come in, like Voodoo for instance.
Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.- Menander

#40 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:38 AM

Drew 8 of Pentacles today (Druidcraft)...Pay attention to the details, remain focused and diligent, work with patience and skill.

Two hours later my computer somehow got a virus...don't know how, as I didn't download any software or open any programs up, but there it was...huge advertising banners flashing, shaking on the page, even TW pages.

Spent over two hours getting rid of every trace of it.

In the afternoon, my wife's paid for talking book arrives on 6 CD's. Two hours spent converting/renaming files to make one single CD for her to listen to.

The card was highly accurate for today's events!

Attached Files