• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Sylvan

Sylvan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

Since I could not find a dedicated thread about glamour magic, I am following Aloe's suggestion to start one. I should point out that an internet search of glamour magic turned up a pile of crap (not surprising). Does anyone have experience using glamour magic? I am facing a situation where I feel I need to do more than my usual innate adjustment to a certain crowd/group and develop a kind of enhanced persona tailored to the situation that I can slip out of later like a robe. I am brainstorming ways to go about it for myself but thought I would open up the floor to anyone who would like to share their experiences, comments, questions or ponderances about glamour work. Thanks all.

THE untold want, by life and land ne’er granted,
Now, Voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.

Posted Image

#2 Deminotus

Deminotus

Advanced Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

Great Topic!
I myself use glamour quite often. Usually to hide things in the house i rather not explain to anybody. But, I could see you are talking more about putting the "fluence" on a person or group. The basics are out there in the world and can be quite effective in the right hands of a decent energy worker. Could you elaborate more of your goal for the situation? If possible

all that glitters isn't gold

#3 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

I have used olive oil or coconut oil and added powdered snake skin (shed insect casings would work too) along with a drop of essential oil from flowers that represented what I needed to portray also, did my magic over it and then rubbed it all over my skin before going to the meeting I needed to be 'different' for. Taking on a new skin so to speak.
"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#4 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

I think I recall a thread regarding hair and jewellery,skin,scent, etc.Must say tho, I like where Aloe is going with the snake skin.

#5 Kera

Kera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

Here are ingredients for attraction oil if that helps?

Grated lemon zest
lovage
vervain
Ess oil of lemon petitgrain, melissa, may chang or lemon verbena
Rose attar

Grind the first three ingredients together with a loadstone chip
cover with sweet almond oil
add the essential oils, drop by drop until you achieve a scent that pleases you

Hope this of some help. What is it exactly you want to do? I am in the beauty and skin business mabey I can help, give you some suggestions? I also know of some youth and beauty spells if that's what you are looking for as well?

Kera

Kera

Why Pamper Life's Complexities When the Leather Runs Smooth On The Passenger Seat -Morrissey

#6 Sylvan

Sylvan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:11 PM

Thanks everyone. Please bear with me as my stupid enter key has decided not to work. Anyhow, thanks Aloe, I had heard of the snakeskin powder or similar approach before and I may explore something like that myself. Insect shells would be easier to get than snakeskin for me. Heck, if I wait a few weeks, there'll be ample cicada shells! Deminotus, I am happy to share more about my circumstances but I am not necessarily asking for advice, just wanting to open the door to a glamour discussion in general. Basically, I have a new job and I see that I am going to need to do several witchy things to make it work in my best interest. My last real job was a disaster and I still feel the effects of that as I am starting my new job. I have a lot of inner work to do about confidence and not being paranoid. In the meantime though, I want to project a very specific image of myself that will influence my colleagues and boss and anyone else. For instance, I may have to go on television or radio appearances and I need to look and sound a bit like someone I am not. I really don't want to go into it more than that, but it's not just in work but other situations too where I think some glamour work is merited. On the flip side, I have done some invisibility enchantments (sometimes on objects) before successfully but now I am wanting to project a very, very specific image of what I want others to believe about me, which may or may not be true. I am also thinking I want to do something that is more long term or something I can use over and over again rather than make fresh each time since I will use it regularly for awhile. Perhaps it would be a piece of jewelry or clothing or an oil/potion or even perfume (I sort of like that now that I type it) that will have a certain effect. Maybe I will combine several elements! Really now that I think of glamour work for different purposes, you could have a lot of fun with it.

THE untold want, by life and land ne’er granted,
Now, Voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.

Posted Image

#7 Aloe

Aloe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:47 PM

I would make the oil I suggested (with the right EO it becomes a perfume) with your own special touches, and charm some specific makeup and jewelry and only use those at the times you need this glamour to be active.
"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#8 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:37 AM

I would make the oil I suggested (with the right EO it becomes a perfume) with your own special touches, and charm some specific makeup and jewelry and only use those at the times you need this glamour to be active.

Aloe touches a little on a very important point. You can use just about anything for a glamour, but no object, beauty product, or ingredient is going to fulfill that purpose without the magical, special touch. I say this, because I know a person who makes some lovely soaps, perfumes, and lotions, and claims they are for specific purposes, including glamouring. But, there is no magic involved in her process, other than in thinking the equivalent of happy thoughts, while she makes them. This thread made me think of her and her products.

#9 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:34 AM

Charm your makeup, go into a trance, and apply it. Magically.

I'm sorry, I don't have more to add on this, as I just use empathic projection to get the job done.

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#10 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:53 AM

Charm your makeup, go into a trance, and apply it. Magically.

I'm sorry, I don't have more to add on this, as I just use empathic projection to get the job done.

:) I understand. I don't wear make-up or many scents, as I am "sensitive". LOL! Plus, I have only 3 pieces of jewelry, which I never take off. I have seem people employ the strategies mentioned though, and they have been very successful from what I can tell. That was the not-so-subtle point of my other post. Without a magical component, using certain objects or products is just being pretty, which is fine, but it isn't necessarily Witchcraft.

#11 Davenport

Davenport

Witch Of The Seven Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:54 AM

Try using a charm of Elder, Dogbane flowers, Orris root and powdered snake skin. Dogbane is great for deception and elder berries are great to create influence in others. Maybe combined in a locket? I have a specific "spell" I use to focus my energy on the charm. use whatever works for you to give it that oomph.

#12 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:55 PM

I have had to do this when I worked for the car dealership and had to be around millionaires and corporate people all the time giving presentations and whatnot. I was very nervous because I was from a working class family and my only background was fast food and retail and had no degree. I had used magic to get the job and I used magic to keep it. What I did, was I made my "glamour" a part of getting dressed for the day. I had made up a persona of confidence, competence, power and beauty and made sure to slip on this "mindset" for lack of better terms along with my business clothes and heels, bought specially for this new job. It was less about ingredients and more putting on my mask for the day and to keep up the projection. It worked very well and when left the company to move back home the president of the corporation stopped my husband and told us that we have a job always should we ever move back.

One thing I had noticed though, was that not everyone is fooled by the glamour and they notice and want to out you. I had to remove these people from the area. One was very difficult to remove, but I exposed his stealing company funds and Volia, no more pain in the ass. :twisted_witch:

#13 Aloe

Aloe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

One thing I had noticed though, was that not everyone is fooled by the glamour and they notice and want to out you. I had to remove these people from the area. One was very difficult to remove, but I exposed his stealing company funds and Volia, no more pain in the ass. :twisted_witch:

This is a good point! No matter how good one may be at something, there's always someone better at it or who sees through the process. With awareness though, this can be overcome.

#14 anjeaunot

anjeaunot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

Hi Sylvan. Glamouring can be a tricky business. The magical intent is the most vital part of it.

My choice would be to buy a ring or a locket.

It is imperative that you never wear the ring or locket until you are making an actual media appearance.

The theory is to select a highly successful media celebrity. Burn a photograph of the chosen media darling, and place the ashes in a bottle with a screw top. The ring is immersed in the ashes and the glamour will rub off on the ring. A locket, if you should chose to use one, should be kept in the bottle.

Utilize your magical will to imbue the ring or the locket with the charisma projected by the media celebrity. You are only concerned with drawing the charisma into your own persona, not the celebrity’s personality.

Do this magical exercise on a regular basis and preferably at the same time of day or night.

Edited by anjeaunot, 19 May 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#15 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

What a delicious disguise to use!! Like it.

#16 o_O

o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:39 AM

I do glamouring in a couple different ways. For things around the house, I use oils and herb combinations. For myself, if I have the time to prep before hand, while I get dressed I keep a spell going in my head, sometimes sing it, keeping in mind what I'm going for. This helps to kind of enchant myself and what I'm doing. I often throw in colours of makeup or clothing to help with what I'm going for. If I don't have time to get ready in this manner, I take about 15 minutes to center and do a mental type ritual, focusing entirely on what image I want to put out and how I want to be perceived or not to be, and kind of bring it from my mind to my physical being.

#17 brea

brea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

Utilize your magical will to imbue the ring or the locket with the charisma projected by the media celebrity. You are only concerned with drawing the charisma into your own persona, not the celebrity’s personality.

I know nothing about Glamouring but this statement got me to wondering. If you are altering your self, not just your physical appearance, on a regular basis, should there be some kind of precautions taken to ensure that you don't turn into what you are portraying yourself to be?

#18 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

I know nothing about Glamouring but this statement got me to wondering. If you are altering your self, not just your physical appearance, on a regular basis, should there be some kind of precautions taken to ensure that you don't turn into what you are portraying yourself to be?

I responded directly to the OP in a private message, because this topic is posted where guests can see it. I envisioned all the fruity idiots "charming' jewelry and make-up and declaring "Look at me. I'm a bird 'Tweet Tweet' LOL!"

With a glamour, you are not actually changing your appearance. You are changing select people's perception of your appearance (or attitude). Contrary to popular belief, this is very difficult, not something that everyone can do just by saying a few words over a locket or pack of eye shadow. I know some otherwise powerful Witches, who cannot do it, or cannot hold the glamour for very long. This is why I am saying that the chances of the glamour becoming permanent are negligible. It is hard to hold a glamour over the long term.

If you continually work to alter the perception of one or a small group of people, though, it is feasible that you could alter their perception to the point that "they" cannot let it go. The glamour may become so ingrained in their minds, that they can see you no other way. I can see this being detrimental in, for example, the work environment, especially if a person suddenly decides that they want to be seen in a different position.

Good question. :)

#19 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:26 PM

I responded directly to the OP in a private message, because this topic is posted where guests can see it. I envisioned all the fruity idiots "charming' jewelry and make-up and declaring "Look at me. I'm a bird 'Tweet Tweet' LOL!"

With a glamour, you are not actually changing your appearance. You are changing select people's perception of your appearance (or attitude). Contrary to popular belief, this is very difficult, not something that everyone can do just by saying a few words over a locket or pack of eye shadow. I know some otherwise powerful Witches, who cannot do it, or cannot hold the glamour for very long. This is why I am saying that the chances of the glamour becoming permanent are negligible. It is hard to hold a glamour over the long term.

If you continually work to alter the perception of one or a small group of people, though, it is feasible that you could alter their perception to the point that "they" cannot let it go. The glamour may become so ingrained in their minds, that they can see you no other way. I can see this being detrimental in, for example, the work environment, especially if a person suddenly decides that they want to be seen in a different position.

Good question. :smile:

Good point.

I found this to be true in my experience as well. I didn't use a specially charmed piece of jewelry, just my mind and will. I found that it was very draining and I could only hold up the glamour for about 2 months. I realized my limits in this and what could follow if I stayed and I took that opportunity to "cash out" while I was ahead.

I have known witches that could hold a glamour over certain people for a many months to many years. Some people it doesn't work on and they can "see" through it. Others can't see the sky for clouds and are fooled until the glamour is broken. I had learned this early, things and people are not always what they seem and some people are more easily "charmed" than others.

#20 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

I have a friend that is a natural at glamours - she does it without even thinking.

At one point in time she had a pot of grease explode in her face.  She hasn't been able to wear make-up since and it took years for the damage to fade to minimal scarring.

But when she put's on her eyeliner she literally 'puts on her face'.  She didn't even realize that she was working a 'make-up' glamour until it was pointed out to her.  It was a personal trauma for her that she was just weaving her magic around her without realizing it.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.