• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Honeythorn

Honeythorn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

Well, in amongst all the mad busy-ness of this year I've started on a new mask. I've had this card mask base for well over a year. But Inspiration is a slow old bitch and often forgets I'm here :dry: But she's finally showed her face and I got started today!

Either side are secured a pair of mallard wings, and in the centre, a whole dark blue cock cape. The other bits are not secured down yet as I've run out of mini glue sticks, so I'll finish those off next weekend hopefully. Black leather nasal piece forming some of the "eyebrows" . Two "antennae" of sea fan, and a pigeon skull.

It's part scowling stern old man, part butterfly ( hence the antennae ) . I'm not sure what else will go on there yet as I don't feel like sorting through the boxes until I have more glue. I can't begin without glue!

But yes, work in progress, should be rather fun once I have him done. It's another one to wear while dancing round the Wicker man once a year :biggrin:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:11 PM

OMG, HoneyThorn !!! This is amazing.... I can't wait to see the final Mask.

Your imagination is just fun and creative. Job well done. Seriously if the photo's are this stunning

I can't imagine what this looks like in real life. My jaw dropped. :D

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#3 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

Brilliant as always!!

#4 Aurelia

Aurelia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:04 PM

Oh wow, I love it! That is going to look amazing on! Definitely keep us updated with more pictures when you get your glue :)

#5 Davenport

Davenport

Witch Of The Seven Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

Simply stunning! Reminds me of a butterfly with feathers. Make sure you post the finished product

#6 The Exile

The Exile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:15 AM

Fantastic work Honey thorn

#7 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

You do truly lovely work. And not just fantasy work... I see a connection between you and what you do :-)

M

#8 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

Beautiful HT!
"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#9 Honeythorn

Honeythorn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

Thankyou all :biggrin: I can't wait to finish him !

I do sort of switch off whilst at the same time swtiching on in a way when I sit and make a mask or head-dress. It also helps my diet as I rarely feel the urge to eat when I sit there glueing and stitching :happy: . I wait for the lightning to strike. I sit and stare at the thing for a while and then start rummaging in my boxes of fur and feathers and little trays of bones and then he say's what he wants to be .

Edited by Honeythorn, 07 May 2013 - 07:58 PM.

#10 Anara

Anara

aspire beyond fear of death (Bhairavi)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

I like this a lot, Honeythorn. You always make unique crafts.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return." ~ Leonardo Da Vinci

#11 IslandBruja

IslandBruja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:50 PM

Honeythorn - if you log on again, I hope you'll post the finished piece here as it looks like you forgot to update this thread and it's fabulous...