Wild Ground Phlox or Pink Moon

Cam

From the weather site.

Traditionally, the full moon of April is called the "pink" moon, a reference made to the grass pink or wild ground phlox, which is one of the earliest widespread flowers of the spring season. It’s also referred to as the Full Sprouting Grass Moon, the Egg Moon, and it’s even called the Full Fish Moon, by some coastal tribes because spring is when shad fish swim upstream to spawn.

While Thursday's full moon won't look much different for anyone in North America, a partial lunar eclipse will be visible in Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia.

Dear Autumn Moon,

~ sighs ~ I much appreciated your contribution here regarding the Moon's Character and the spreading of wild phlox.

Once you and I get unburied from the white stuff, the colors of the phlox will be most welcomed. Due to the celebration of just

seeing a " different " color, I just may take some of the blossoms and make a candle, or some kind of invigorating soap.

Hope restored, once again.

Regards,

Gypsy

Dear CelticGypsy,

I guess we'll just have to wait a bit longer (big sigh). Oh well, 11C today and 15C tomorrow...geez, thats Canadian suntanning weather, lol. I guess your neck of the woods has been incorporated into the Great White North - eh!

geez, thats Canadian suntanning weather, lol.

I love my Canadian Neighbors but that is just nuts !! I saw a film clip today about flowers coming up in Nova Scotia.. for crying out loud.... EH ? What new fresh hell is this, EH ??? I was rather pleased to see that Robins were in the Village, hanging out at the Potato warehouses, pulling up worms, so .... but none in my yard,............... yet.

Loved the Chuck Norris one the best... LOL !

Regards,

Gypsy

Got some Phlox in the garden and yep its pink. We had a blood moon last night too over the lake. Interesting evening it was....

I have phlox, but it's only about 4" tall so far. What I wouldn't give for a decent snowstorm. About a foot would be nice. The last decent snow we had was in 96. Last year the winter was so mild that my herbs overwintered. Cilantro overwintered and actually grew! That's just plain bizarre.

Archived