Photo
- - - - -

Psychic Whine

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 StellaStone

StellaStone

• Former Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

:thankyou: Hello, I am a newbie here. Being psychic is my strongest ability. My question is , “ do any of you experience a high-pitched whine in your ears when someone you know / are aware of is trying to contact you / in need of help ?”

#2 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

Nope, I only hear it when my wife is complaining, lol. Actually she doesn't complain.

Can't say I hear what you described. I just get a feeling, a knowing.

#3 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

The high pitched noise you describe is ever present for me in the background noise where ever I go, but for me it doesn't correlate with psychic contact since its always present unless I'm out in the wilderness. I personally think it has something to do with the rise in the amount of technological gadgets that speak to each other without wires. Of course, I had a cliff diving accident when I was a child so my hearing has been impaired in one ear so that could contribute to what I hear.

#4 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

I merely just *know*. Somehow. Dunno.

I do not think that the way you experience this is incredibly uncommon. There are witches here that experience things audibly, as you do.

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning."  - Cormac McCarthy

#5 hermit

hermit

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

The "high-pitched noise" is there wherever i check for it. When i don't pay attention to my ears it doesn't bother me.
I once read that the noise is called "noise of silence", and that meditating on it brings good things... but now that you mention, i'm not sure how that noise behaves in the wilderness. Maybe it is technologically created.

I do feel my ears closing sometimes, (like when you're driving from a low place to a high place) but it all inside my house.
That indicates a sudden change in the atmospheric pressure of the place, that can be caused by a sudden change of temperature. Sudden changes of temperature may be caused by spirit activity (i hear the enviroment grows colder), but can also be caused by rain, fires, short-circuits or even the shower (assuming you're close to it), that's why i pay attention wherever i feel it.

#6 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

I would also check out this site because there is a possibility of this being medical. http://www.henriette...0/tinnitus.html

In my case it's most likely physical from my accident which has made my ear sensitive to some tones and not hear others.

#7 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

http://www.tradition...ge__hl__ringing

#8 StellaStone

StellaStone

• Former Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

Hello. I would like to thank everyone whom responded to my post. Being a very down to Earth person I appreciate the concern that the sound I hear might be the result of a medical condition. Ascertaining if a source comes from the 5 as opposed to a sixth sense prevents me from being delusional.
Autumn Moon and Aurelian both mention a ‘knowing’. Yes I get that knowing feeling too. The psychic whine I get is only on occasions and when the person concerned is usually known to me well and in a mood of heightened , “help I am in trouble “ variety. So it heartened me to hear that others sometimes hear things too.
Thanks Hermit for reminding me of the back-ground noise of the 21st centuary . When I lived in Tokyo ( renowned for being hectic and noisy ) some people were advocating things to cut this out but I decided that if I am a psychic living on this planet then I need to learn to handle it.
Thank you for your link Jevne. In my youth my family introduced me to mediumship so I will see if I can catch up with and contribute to the link. :thanks:

#9 Lucea's Child

Lucea's Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

I hear a high-pitched elongated ringing that starts quietly, reaches a certain volume and stays there for a bit before fading away again. I've been aware of it for as long as I can remember and as a child it seemed to be "connected" to something that I'd "hear" or "see" so the noise always brought me to attention. It still does, but for many, many years now it seems to have ceased relating to any kind of psychic phenomena, as far as I can tell.

I do feel my ears closing sometimes, (like when you're driving from a low place to a high place) but it all inside my house.

That indicates a sudden change in the atmospheric pressure of the place, that can be caused by a sudden change of temperature. Sudden changes of temperature may be caused by spirit activity (i hear the enviroment grows colder), but can also be caused by rain, fires, short-circuits or even the shower (assuming you're close to it), that's why i pay attention wherever i feel it.

Hermit, this is a great explanation of what it seems like in my experience - my ears closing. This is a very interesting theory; thank you for posting it!

“One doesn't discover new lands without consenting
to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.”

— Andre Gide

#10 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

Nope,just the odd shout,makes me jump!!

#11 Roanna

Roanna

She of the spiders and degus...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

Stella - just a thought but do you take any anti depression meds? I have no end of trouble with strange noises and ear ringing when I take SSIs. Could be something to bear in mind if you do.....
Do what you believe to be the right thing and trust yourself.

Witchpathforward My website incorporating "Ask a Witch a Question," my blog and websites of witchy interest.

#12 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

There is some evidence to suggest that such substances as phenyl-GABA and l-theanine(and addicting things I won't name) could help with that.

Says the non-doctor, mind :wink:

Such things would be worth investigating if you experience symptoms like cold hands and feet, poor memory, an urge to drink, and many more symptoms of GABA depletion.

Edited by Aurelian, 12 April 2013 - 09:59 PM.

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning."  - Cormac McCarthy

#13 Willau

Willau

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:05 PM

I have this high pitch whine. Sort of sounds like Cicadas. It doesn't seem to be connected to my psychic abilities. The older I get, the more constant it seems to be, so I just assume it's the new normal.
But....on a lighter side, I read somewhere on an angel web-site that it is angelic information being downloaded into your brain. LOL :D

#14 StellaStone

StellaStone

• Former Member
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:27 AM

The thing about the psychic whine I get is it is specific to people I know and if I ask them at a later date they confirm that at that time ( the whine) they were in a high state of agitation. So as far as I can tell this psychic whine only occurs in very specific instances. I am not on any kind of medication, recreational or otherwise . I cannot help but wonder if some people on this site have some ability that they are trying to ' explain away' to themselves.

#15 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:00 PM

The thing about the psychic whine I get is it is specific to people I know and if I ask them at a later date they confirm that at that time ( the whine) they were in a high state of agitation. So as far as I can tell this psychic whine only occurs in very specific instances. I am not on any kind of medication, recreational or otherwise . I cannot help but wonder if some people on this site have some ability that they are trying to ' explain away' to themselves.

The responses given are not so much about what the people know about themselves. The responses are what the people do not know about you. There are some folks for who every fart is a psychic experience. They are looking for signs and omens at every turn. Most have only shared their experience and offered alternative explanations, but probably not so much out of denial, but rather to test if you are a fruit loop or not. That being said, maybe some are trying to explain away, but if that is the case why would they be on the forum anyway?

Edited by Jevne, 13 April 2013 - 04:58 PM.

#16 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

This "whine" is a subjective experience and can be caused by any number of things and its medical name is Tinnitus. My point of offering alternative explanations is that just because someone hears this, it doesn't automatically equate with psychic experience. There are other tell tale signs of psychic experience that are provable after the fact and for those that experience them, they know the reality of it because it is all subjective. For example, I hear this noise and I have had psychic experience but it doesn't mean that BECAUSE I hear this I am psychic or that when I hear this psychic phenomenon is occurring I realize that my "sensors" are very sensitive and possibly tuned differently than others because of my cliff diving accident so I could be picking up on any number of things, even things in the auditory range that are not psychic in nature. My husband has the same thing though, his hearing damage is much more extensive and was from Bell's palsy he had as a kid. We have discussed this at length and we don't think its paranormal based on our subjective experiences.

Edited by Whiterose, 13 April 2013 - 01:28 PM.

#17 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

^^ Right.

For some it will be a psychic signal, for others the same phenomena may be experienced in an unrelated way due to a life event, organic process, or simple lack of an inhibitory neurotransmitter(such as Tinnitus). Some things may not touch upon witchcraft or psychism directly, but they touch upon our witches here, and adding our knowledge and experiences add to the general knowledge base that we can all draw on.