• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Pikkusisko

Pikkusisko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

This isn't exactly what  I was searching for but it's vaguely similar.  Very often during a working when I'm in trancing in complete silence I will "hear" chanting or singing...often in languages I could not possibly understand so I interpret it as humming so I can interpret the tune and its basic music structure.  I've often had the assumption that it is an ancestor using a language I do not know but the longer I have been doing this I realize it could be anyone.  I rarely interrupt it to avoid breaking the chant but have considered doing so to ask questions.  I've also experienced this with place memory so it varies from time to time.  On occasion I've been able to replicate what I've heard by playing piano or guitar and it's usually quite eerie, which I like.  Does anyone have experience with this or anything similar? 

Yes. I have to sing it whilst chanting the understood meaning in my head. Tends to come during different tasks and as I can't control it's very impulsive. Helps me get things done. It may not come externally, like say glossolalia, it's a bit more similar to musician Yasmeen Amina Olya's work with incorporating song, but even if it comes from within it aids in raising energy I'd imagine (although to say you're connecting with ancestors/spirits sounds a lot cooler than saying you're connecting with your inner babble fish lol). It's hard to describe how it sounds and I never really remember. 

I occasionally experience clairaudience only instead of picking it up from other people I'd perhaps hear a line over and over again with some significance. Then I'd maybe hear the song quite a bit after that despite not having heard it in years. Course you could just be getting stalked by a song, I think you can tell the difference though.

Edited by Pikkusisko, 26 August 2014 - 12:04 PM.

'There's rules to this stuff. Wishing an event to be changes elements before and after it. Memories will be destroyed, babies will not be born, potential worlds could be evaporated by your wish.' - Prismo

#22 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:32 AM

I've had what I was talking about happen a bit often recently since I necromanced this thread, and I've even noticed that I'm picking it up when I'm twilighting (laying in bed unable to sleep when my eyes are closed.)  It could possibly be my inner "babble fish" as you call it, but I only really notice it strong when I've been casting daily, like I have been recently.  If I stop or slow down my magical practices then it doesn't show up as frequently if at all.

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#23 hawkwind

hawkwind

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:25 PM

This is more common than you think. Now spirits will at times communicate in what seems to be a different language and it is. For instance I had a spirit try to commuinicate with me about 2yrs ago and was similiar to what you are experiencing,the language was totally odd so me being me I really pondered on this. What I realized was it was the english language in reverse. Not saying that is what yours is just a thought. But I have Always believed that when you get really connected especially in trance there is a inner rythmn within us that is our own spiritual/magical self that we hear which is a natural inner tool that helps us gain power ,knowledge and makes our magic more effective. Sorry about the spelling Hooked on Phonics I need it.lol. :thinking:

#24 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:43 AM

This is more common than you think. Now spirits will at times communicate in what seems to be a different language and it is. For instance I had a spirit try to commuinicate with me about 2yrs ago and was similiar to what you are experiencing,the language was totally odd so me being me I really pondered on this. What I realized was it was the english language in reverse. Not saying that is what yours is just a thought. But I have Always believed that when you get really connected especially in trance there is a inner rythmn within us that is our own spiritual/magical self that we hear which is a natural inner tool that helps us gain power ,knowledge and makes our magic more effective. Sorry about the spelling Hooked on Phonics I need it.lol. :thinking:

This. I recently discovered my ancestors will communicate in this manner .

Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.- Menander

#25 Atehequa

Atehequa

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:00 PM

I'm not trying to be kooky or anything, but for no apparent reason at all, especially on those rare occasions my wife drags me into the Walmart, a place I feel is somewhat evil, I'll either hum or whistle this tune -

I'm wondering if by humming or whistling that tune I'm keeping the evil I perceive away? It bugs the shit out of my wife and she'll usually tell me to stop, but some of the real old ladies will sometimes smile upon hearing it. 

#26 Horne

Horne

Wyrdling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:38 PM

I don't think it's kooky at all Atehequa, it's a way of shielding. Living in a city I'm used to shopping districts and huge stores, but they can be overwhelming and draining and I usually use softly humming a tune to deal with the energies there.

“Awake becomes
what once was known,

forgetfulness is fleeting.”

#27 Izzie

Izzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:40 PM

I'm not trying to be kooky or anything, but for no apparent reason at all, especially on those rare occasions my wife drags me into the Walmart, a place I feel is somewhat evil, I'll either hum or whistle this tune -

I'm wondering if by humming or whistling that tune I'm keeping the evil I perceive away? It bugs the shit out of my wife and she'll usually tell me to stop, but some of the real old ladies will sometimes smile upon hearing it.

I don't like big stores either because I get dizzy with all of the energy going on.

Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.- Menander

#28 hawkwind

hawkwind

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:44 PM

That is me for sure I hate large shopping areas and some resturants too. Like you said it's like you can feel everyones energy and emotions which at times causes me to get a severe headache and when that happens I become very angery. When I used to drink when the bar would get very busy I would have this reaction which I feel lead me into a lot of the bar fights I was in.

#29 star

star

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:38 PM

I get this a lot. I was just reading about English folklore and pastimes and I could hear and started humming old English May Day type music! Often if I'm doing a spirit reading for someone I'll hear a song and more times than not it was their song connected to their loved one

Also places I go to I hear background music or chatter that isn't there, like El Jem in Tunisia. I could hear music and a roar of the crowd, I could feel the atmosphere and when I went downstairs to the holding cells, I smelled urine and felt pure, sheer terror.

Old houses, castles and places with history affect me so strongly that quite often now I make sure I'm completely shut down

Star x

#30 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:29 AM

Interesting this thread would get bumped again, I was having a discussion with an IRL friend about Shades and their habits, and I said something along the lines of "fuck Shades and fuck their tinkling music" and he looked at me like my head had just burst into flames. He said something like: yeah their little tinkling silver bell sounds and whistling that they pass off as music. He wouldn't really talk about it after that, quickly changing the subject to local witchcraft history.

No real reason for sharing that but I thought maybe it would be related to this thread.

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#31 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:41 AM

Experience, no, but for questions, if you have an ancestor shrine do your trance at the shrine itself, see if it still happens, then ask your ancestors for input as to the source??

M

#32 IslandBruja

IslandBruja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:00 AM

Interesting this thread would get bumped again, I was having a discussion with an IRL friend about Shades and their habits, and I said something along the lines of "fuck Shades and fuck their tinkling music" and he looked at me like my head had just burst into flames. He said something like: yeah their little tinkling silver bell sounds and whistling that they pass off as music. He wouldn't really talk about it after that, quickly changing the subject to local witchcraft history.

No real reason for sharing that but I thought maybe it would be related to this thread.

This is very interesting because when I read this it brought to mind one of the guru-based meditation paths I studied for a while that said when you were meditating and beginning to make progress in the inner realms you would hear the sound of a tinkling bell. And then I remembered they said you should only follow the sound if it came on a certain side (I can't remember which now, as I never heard any bells when I did their method of meditation years ago :P ) but that if it came on the opposite side you must ignore it at all costs as it would be dangerous to follow it... Hmmmm. (they never specified why)

As for the topic of this thread in general, I occasionally hear music in my dreams that doesn't exist in my waking life. I used to just ignore it or think I was mistaken and that it was a song I'd heard before but was just mis-remembering my dream (my upbringing conditioned me to discount and ignore a LOT of my natural instincts & talents, sadly). But once I got a cell phone capable of recording anywhere, anytime (I refused to get one until I absolutely had to when I was living overseas - not until 2006!) I'd wake in the night and sing the song (or hum the tune, depending on whether it had words or not) into my phone and then fall back asleep. And when I'd listen to it the next day, it was most definitely not a song I'd ever heard before.

#33 IslandBruja

IslandBruja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:14 AM

Interestingly enough, while I was writing the above post, a phenomenon I forgot that has been happening to me for the past month or so started up again: I start hearing very faint music like someone is listening to the radio really low or very far away.

When it first started happening I thought it was just my neighbors or something (we're not that close to anyone else's house) but when I opened the window, it was dead silent.

The next time it happened, I turned off the fan and the white noise machine I have to sleep with (I wake FAR too easily - perhaps due to this kind of thing I just realized!) because, like now, it's after midnight here and I wanted to know if their teens were listening to music that loud, but again, there was nothing external creating the music.

Right now it sounds like someone is listening to euro-techno type music (thankfully it's always been quiet enough that I can ignore it :D )

#34 Merianna

Merianna

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:49 AM

I never really thought much of it when i used to wake up with an old song stuck in my head.
Whenthe ancestors were mentioned, i thought i can relate to that.
Usually sometimes a tune would just start playing in my head, even if i was thinking of a different song at first. The tune in my head would suddenly take an eerie tune, but yet also stunningly beautiful. Rarely do i "hear" instruments being played with the melody but definitelly voices, sweet and pure.
Sometimes i would catch myself not being able to resist singing along, even though i have no idea what the words or sounds mean, but the gist of the song is loud and clear. It's strange to explain, i hear the direction the tune would take then i sing it out loud, i hear the sounds and vocals before i even try to form them with my own lips.
I would listen to myself and just be baffled. I've never been one for creating melodies or songs or even playing instruments, yet the melodies are so, stunning in their own right.

I've also had many instances of saying something at the exact sake time and in the exact same tone as someone close to me would say it. When i ask them a question i would get the answer in my head even before they tell me. This also seems to happen even if i chat with them via whatsapp.
Another witch friend sat with me and told me to try and see if i could pic up the colour he was thinking of. And i was spot on.

I have no idea if i ever managed half the things i thaught i was focusing on in the passed, like prohecting a song or phrase. But they do say practice makes better XD

#35 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:30 PM

I only recently found out this was a 'thing', since trying scrying. I was going into trance, and hearing things. I haven't been able to get much sense out of it yet, and I haven't practiced in a while, because I'm having issues with my eyes, so I want to make sure they're ok, first.

Anyway, it's been good for me to read this topic, because it's making me realise other times in my life where clairaudience was occurring.

I remember from when I was about 15-16, I'd leave home in the morning to go to school. As soon as I left the house, I would get one song in my head for that day. It was always something in the top 40. It might be a song I liked, or hated, didn't matter. I think most days, the songs were different. Anyway, that song would play on loop in my mind, all day long. Right up until I walked home, and came back into my house. I'd race over to my stereo, eager to turn it on, and I'd always think, 'I bet THAT song will be on the radio!' and if the song had been persistent all day, strongly, it was the song playing on the radio as soon as I turned it on! There were days when I didn't have a strong song in particular, and on those days, obviously, nothing exciting happened when I turned the radio on when I got home. At the time, I knew nothing about this stuff, but I always thought (remembering I was a teen), 'oh, how fun! Isn't life WEIRD?' lol.

I think in my 20's, when I was really busy working several jobs, particularly if I was rushing around a lot, the same thing started to happen again, but I was so busy I didn't really have time to process what was going on.

I also remember in my mid 20's, that I was at a group function, and this sleazy, much older guy cornered me away from everyone. I knew I didn't trust him, and he was being blatantly creepy towards me. He asked if we could go away somewhere later for coffee/tea. I agreed, because  I was scared not to, and I suppose, being put on the spot, I just spoke first and then kicked myself.

Because he thought he'd 'secured' the date with me, he left me alone in the crowd. For a minute, I happened to be sitting on a chair by myself, just eating something. A calm, but stern voice (in my head) said to me, 'you're not going ANYWHERE with him!' and I knew I wouldn't. I knew I had to tell him I couldn't go, and he wouldn't like it, but I also got this message, not through sound, but through a very calm feeling that came over me, that told me, if I stayed with this crowd of people, THEY would keep me safe, because they'd be able to hear and see me. Of course, when I did tell him I had changed my mind, he didn't like it. He started raising his voice, and all the people at the function turned their heads  to see what was happening, and everyone nearby by me who could hear it, started inching closer and closer to me, as if ready to step straight in!

One thing that surprises me about this thread, is the idea of sending it out to others. I had no idea that was possible! I'll have to think about that one, and see what I could do :)

Also, I've mentioned before on here, that I hear things when I'm reading my cards. Although, I did assign songs to each tarot card, initially to help me to remember meanings if I got stuck. I seemed to know that would work for me. So, of course, many times, I will hear the song of the card, or I might hear a different song that I hadn't pre-assigned, but is just perfect for that card, for that day. Or, I will hear sayings, which often end up becoming more than just a saying, if I take the time to listen, but also if I'm in a good, receptive sort of state.

Also, I don't know if I could ever 'hear' someone's thoughts, but I do know when people speak to me, sometimes if someone says something, a voice might interrupt in my head and say, 'bullshit! She's lying!' or other such things.

And when I think about it, when I was dating in my 20's, say I'd be on a date, and we'd be chatting, I would have thoughts about what I was going to say next, and then they'd say it, and I'd be blown away, or I would say what they were about to. It was hard, because we're programmed to think that being so in sync with one another instantly means it's love, or  he's 'the one', lol! So, I did get my heart broken a few times, and it was hard, because I honestly thought these connections were so unique! After a few years of this, I realised it wasn't unique at all. But, I didn't question it. It's very interesting to look back on it now, though.

This thread is teaching me a lot; thank you :)

Edited by Tricycle, 21 September 2017 - 04:23 PM.

#36 Tricycle

Tricycle

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:13 PM

Sorry to be a nuisance, but I also remembered another time music was significant. I was in a long term relationship when I was 21, and my boyfriend at the time had gone overseas. The day I was due to see him when he came back, I had to work a few hours, first.

The  whole time, on my shift, I had  one song stuck in my head, a song I don't even like at all: Toni Braxton's 'I will never breath again'. It was strongly on loop, and I was filled with a sense of foreboding, that he had cheated, I was about to find out, and we would break up very soon. Which, over the next few weeks, was exactly what happened, and my reaction to the break up was very much like the song that was in my head at the time. And I didn't find anything weird about that at the time, either. It's only now, with hindsight, and dabbling in this stuff, that I realise.