• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Lexi

Lexi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:04 AM

I'm hoping this is the right forum. I saw a lot of 'clair-' prefixes browsing through here, so I'm hoping my guess it right.

I have had several strange instances lately with an online friend, who I communicate with through chat. A song would suddenly start playing in my head, and it would get stuck there for about an hour, and it would be a song that I know and that I haven't heard in a long time. I would tell her what song it was and, more often than not, it was the song she was listening to at the time. After this happening about six or seven different times, she was all, "You! Quit being psychic, you're scaring me!" (jokingly). We're also role-play buddies, so we'd be coming up with scenarios to do, and we would end up typing the same ideas, practically the same sentences, too. Usually I would be typing it a little after her, and we would submit the message at the same time. It was hysterical. Sometimes I feel like I have an antenna sticking out my head and it's just picking up these frequencies like FM radio.

Anybody else have experience with clairaudience? I haven't met too many people who have, and it took me a while to find the name for it. :\

Lexi [Ilexys Morighannan]

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
- Roald Dahl

#2 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

I do this sometimes. Mostly with my husband as he is the one I am in tune with the most. It gets to the point he can't think of a word and he says " What word am I thinking?", which I have no clue as he hasn't thought it yet lol. I don't get music that often though. I use music as a block for this actually. If I keep a song on repeat in my head, I am less likely to project my true thoughts. I think behind the song in feelings, concepts and pictures. You know, the way we thought before we learned to speak. A trick I learned growing up in a witch home.

Edited by Whiterose, 26 March 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#3 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

I do this sometimes. Mostly with my husband as he is the one I am in tune with the most. It gets to the point he can't think of a word and he says " What word am I thinking?", which I have no clue as he hasn't thought it yet lol. I don't get music that often though. I use music as a block for this actually. If I keep a song on repeat in my head, I am less likely to project my true thoughts. I think behind the song in feelings, concepts and pictures. You know, the way we thought before we learned to speak. A trick I learned growing up in a witch home.

Yeah, this . . .

#4 BirdieMcCloud

BirdieMcCloud

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

Sometimes I feel like I have an antenna sticking out my head and it's just picking up these frequencies like FM radio.

I do this very often; freaks people out when I say what they're thinking in sync with them. My friends have all joked that I have a brainwave antenna.

On rare occasions, I can make people think/say things they wouldn't do otherwise, but that's not something I've tried doing in ages because 1) seems pointless, and 2) feels invasive, and 3) takes too much effort.

#5 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

I do this very often; freaks people out when I say what they're thinking in sync with them. My friends have all joked that I have a brainwave antenna.

On rare occasions, I can make people think/say things they wouldn't do otherwise, but that's not something I've tried doing in ages because 1) seems pointless, and 2) feels invasive, and 3) takes too much effort.

I used to mess with annoying customers at work this way just to see if I could. I scared the shit of a lady once who heard the entire morbid litany I was sending her way. She jumped, whipped around and stared at me all wide eyed and scared. I smiled sweetly and she high tailed it out of the aisle. It was funny as hell. Now that I know I can do it, I don't play with it anymore because it is invasive and takes too much effort as you said here. I have found that not everyone can hear projected mind voice, only a select few can respond subconsciously and very rarely can someone actually hear it and understand. Most people either can't or are too absorbed in their own lives to listen. I tend to use this now to communicate with my animals although they respond better with projected emotion and concepts verses constructed speech.

#6 BirdieMcCloud

BirdieMcCloud

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

I tend to use this now to communicate with my animals although they respond better with projected emotion and concepts verses constructed speech.

After I'd posted, I wondered what possible use for this particular talent could be. This is a fantastic idea - one to keep in mind when I finally get my own place and pet(s). :D

#7 BirdieMcCloud

BirdieMcCloud

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:34 AM

An addendum to this topic...I was recently training a student to take over my work study job when I graduate soon, and this was the first time we'd really spent any time together. We were completely in sync and often said things in unison, to the point where someone commented that we must be old friends. We both laughed because...no. :cool_witch:

#8 EliseN

EliseN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:48 AM

I'm hoping this is the right forum. I saw a lot of 'clair-' prefixes browsing through here, so I'm hoping my guess it right.

I Sometimes I feel like I have an antenna sticking out my head and it's just picking up these frequencies like FM radio.

Anybody else have experience with clairaudience? I haven't met too many people who have, and it took me a while to find the name for it. :\

I have had this ability to pick up or forecast music, events, etc since I was a very small child. I have simply thought that exactly what i was doing, somehow, was tuning into a radio frequency. I feel if i can sense events before they occur, receive messages from other planes, read minds...i can likely tune into music being or about to be played on radio. I wish i had deeper understanding, however.

#9 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

I have had this ability to pick up or forecast music, events, etc since I was a very small child. I have simply thought that exactly what i was doing, somehow, was tuning into a radio frequency. I feel if i can sense events before they occur, receive messages from other planes, read minds...i can likely tune into music being or about to be played on radio. I wish i had deeper understanding, however.

I agree, EliseN. These skills do seem to be connected, as if you have one, you likely have the others to some level. Nice to see you, by the way.

#10 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:49 PM

I just had this *experience* the other day, twice on the same day.

Both people laughingly accused me of " reading their minds ".

When one is not use to such, it's a bit perplexing, I certainly am not use to this.

Regards,

Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#11 Eidolon

Eidolon

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:56 AM

I get stupid songs stuck in my head a lot . Sometimes I wake up with songs in my head that I haven't heard in years. What is that all about? Sometimes its so intense it almost drives me crazy. Sort of like that Medium episode where she had " I will survive" stuck in her head. Anyone seen that one?

I read somewhere that it could be your spirit guide trying to communicate something to you through song.

I've also heard that it means your body is craving for the specific vibrations of that song.

#12 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

Earworms are a natural phenomenon. They are the result of Memory encoding activities in the human brain. Certain rhythms and tones are more likely to get stuck in your head than others. The fastest way to get rid of that pesky song is to really go with it. Sing it louder, Use a different tone of voice, Insert different or silly words in place of others, And eventually your brain will break the feedback loop and go on to something else.

#13 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

I've also heard that it means your body is craving for the specific vibrations of that song.

I've never heard this one before. I wonder why it would be true.

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#14 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

I've never heard this one before. I wonder why it would be true.

Perhaps something in here will further that discussion.

http://www.tradition...song#entry98046

#15 Mog

Mog

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

I used to get this alot too, but in two very different ways. It used to happen when I was trying to sleep, my room would feel crowded and voices would come in and out of focus, lots of voices, male, female, old and young. I was told it was 'spirit' trying to make contact as I have some sensitivity towards mediumship. It got very draining though as no voice ever came through completely clearly and I would spend ages trying to listen for a complete sentence that never quite came. In the end I politely said "I'm sorry I can't hear you properly" and over a number of nights it stopped.

Like others here I have experienced hearing anothers thoughts too. Especially family members (very strongly with my Mum) and close friends. I have learnt not to answer someones question until I hear them for real though, as it has a way of freaking people out, especially when you do it their company for the first time.

It seems the connection comes through stronger when emotions are heightened though, if someone is excited or stressed/fearful or also ill.

Does anyone find this happens too?

#16 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

It seems the connection comes through stronger when emotions are heightened though, if someone is excited or stressed/fearful or also ill.

Does anyone find this happens too?

Their emotion seems to be irrelevant to me in this regard.  I get completely mundane, inconsequential conversation or passing thoughts; flashes of images, words, or sensations.  I get them from family, friends, and complete strangers.  The individual does not necessarily have to be experiencing a strong emotion. 

For some reason, I am thinking there is a thread or threads about this somewhere.

#17 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:21 AM

This isn't exactly what  I was searching for but it's vaguely similar.  Very often during a working when I'm in trancing in complete silence I will "hear" chanting or singing...often in languages I could not possibly understand so I interpret it as humming so I can interpret the tune and its basic music structure.  I've often had the assumption that it is an ancestor using a language I do not know but the longer I have been doing this I realize it could be anyone.  I rarely interrupt it to avoid breaking the chant but have considered doing so to ask questions.  I've also experienced this with place memory so it varies from time to time.  On occasion I've been able to replicate what I've heard by playing piano or guitar and it's usually quite eerie, which I like.  Does anyone have experience with this or anything similar? 

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#18 Caps

Caps

Phytokinesist

• Moderators
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:25 AM

is anyone able to view that post?

"It is the still and silent sea that drowns a man." - Old Norse proverb

"It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

#19 Wexler