Photo
- - - - -

Pendulum - Let it tell you the direction of Yes/No, or do you tell it?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#41 RavenFlyer

RavenFlyer

Backwoods Witch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

Woohoo! I contacted a few relatives last night! That thing was swinging like a 1940's big band! I loved it!!! I could feel the energy, so strong. I want to learn how to use it on the atrological chart, and chakra charts, does anyone know how to do this. I have the charts but not a very clear understanding on how to go about it?

Kera

It would depend on what the charts look like, and what questions you were wanting to ask it.
Such as "what sign should I do the money spell under?" Let the pendulum swing to a sign pull out an almanac find out when the moon is in that sign and do your working.

Same thing for chakras (I assume, I don't get down with the chakras). But asking which one is blocked it which one needs more focus etc...
And then following through with actions after receiving your answer

My ETSY store:

Appalachian Witchery http://www.etsy.com/...lachianWitchery

#42 MasterPoucksBestMan

MasterPoucksBestMan

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

I like using my pendulum for finding things, both mundane as well as Ghosts Roads, etc. I also find yes/no only tools to be rather limiting in the sense of time consuming. I *could* ask enough yes/no questions to ferret out the same amount of info, but Good Woman! I still have a soft spot in my heart for pendulums though, so I carry one with me everywhere "just in case".

I like to tell it which directions mean what. That way we are on the same page. I only do this the first time or two with a new pendulum though, or if I feel I need to cleanse it for whatever reason, which I can't think of having done but once.

The Wild Hunt take them all, and Herne have their guts for his bow string...

#43 HiwayRobyn

HiwayRobyn

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

Has anyone used Thomas Lethbridge's method for dowsing with a pendulum? It works well for me finding silver and gold.

#44 Anara

Anara

aspire beyond fear of death (Bhairavi)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

The pendulum I have right now is a chunk of yew heartwood on a copper chain. I don't ask it yes/no questions though, although I have used pendulums in the past for this reason, and might do so later if I want to. Oh, I also have been using something that is actually a pouch with a few small items in it. It wasn't made to be a pendulum, but I happen to use it as one at times. I don't use it for yes/no questions either.

Edited by Anara, 17 June 2013 - 07:49 PM.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return." ~ Leonardo Da Vinci

#45 Anara

Anara

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:32 PM

I like using my pendulum for finding things, both mundane as well as Ghosts Roads, etc. I also find yes/no only tools to be rather limiting in the sense of time consuming. I *could* ask enough yes/no questions to ferret out the same amount of info, but Good Woman! I still have a soft spot in my heart for pendulums though, so I carry one with me everywhere "just in case".

I like to tell it which directions mean what. That way we are on the same page. I only do this the first time or two with a new pendulum though, or if I feel I need to cleanse it for whatever reason, which I can't think of having done but once.

Hi MasterPoucksBestMan, This might be a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway. I don't think I remember seeing the term "ghost road" before-but I'm curious about it. What does that refer to, exactly?

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return." ~ Leonardo Da Vinci

#46 Anara

Anara

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

To answer the OP, when I have used them for yes/no...I asked the pendulum which was which. I never programmed them, as far as I can recall.

Edited by Anara, 17 June 2013 - 07:52 PM.

#47 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:08 AM

The way I understand ghost road is it is a stretch of road that is 'haunted' by one or more ghosts or other entities. How MPBM uses a pendulum for that, he/she will have to answer. Or perhaps there is a different definition for ghost road?

#48 Anara

Anara

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

The way I understand ghost road is it is a stretch of road that is 'haunted' by one or more ghosts or other entities. How MPBM uses a pendulum for that, he/she will have to answer. Or perhaps there is a different definition for ghost road?

Hey AM, yeah I wondered if that is simply what it meant. If so, would one just use the pendulum on a map to find potential ghost roads, or just take the pendulum to a location that has been suspected of hauntings and try it out, maybe? I don't know. I think it made me think a bit when I saw this, as I see any old road as having the potential to have spirits. In other words, I wouldn't call road "x" a "ghost road" and road "z" a mundane road. Sure some roads have more activity than others...but I think any stretch of road could harbor a spirit/entity at any given time. So I would have never thought of using a term like "ghost road". I could very well be over thinking this, AM...LOL! At any rate, I am curious to see what MPBM's reply will be, especially, if there is another definition.

#49 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:02 AM

I thought a ghost road was a ley line.

#50 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:32 AM

Hey AM, yeah I wondered if that is simply what it meant. If so, would one just use the pendulum on a map to find potential ghost roads, or just take the pendulum to a location that has been suspected of hauntings and try it out, maybe? I don't know. I think it made me think a bit when I saw this, as I see any old road as having the potential to have spirits. In other words, I wouldn't call road "x" a "ghost road" and road "z" a mundane road. Sure some roads have more activity than others...but I think any stretch of road could harbor a spirit/entity at any given time. So I would have never thought of using a term like "ghost road". I could very well be over thinking this, AM...LOL! At any rate, I am curious to see what MPBM's reply will be, especially, if there is another definition.

In paranormal circles, I know an area of road with the same ghostly occurrences over and over being experienced by different people is called a 'Ghost road'. Like you say Anara, we will have to wait and see.

WR - I understand a Ley Line as a line of power that may lend it self to paranormal experiences, but ime, it is not a ghost road. But, who knows, different meanings abound.

#51 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:39 AM

Apparently, not unheard of. Check out Michele's comment here . . . http://www.tradition...round-streams/.

If this is the premise for the comment here; however, I do not subscribe to it.

#52 Kalderasha

Kalderasha

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

I love my pendy... I always do a "show me yes, show me no" thing. but I also sometimes use it with sort of a mini spirit board that has letters and such .  I have never felt the need to do any kind of protection beyond what my normal shields do. But I am also very comfortable with the spirit world and confident in my ability to send them on their way when necessary.

I think its kind of a personal thing about doing some protections... if something in your head is telling you to shield,, then shield. To me its common sense to listen when my guides tell me to do something. Like my Grandmother always told me.. Never spoil a good notion. Especially when dealing with spirits.

Like others here have said, I too dont grab my pendy if its a simple yes or no... I find that if I am vaccillating about a decisison then I really already know the answer.

Just my .02 cents

#53 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:04 AM

I got a stone pendulum and have had enjoyed using it. The only problem is that I can't seem to come up with anything actually helpful when I use it  :laugh: It has a strong pull to it and I've noticed a few interesting things (like how it gravitates towards/away from some other rocks I have) but as a divination tool I'm worthless with it. I have successfully used it to predict when my menstruation cycle begins very accurately, which I have to say is very useful, but I would prefer something a little more broad in application!

I feel like there is something there but I just can't quite figure out what it is or how to use it.

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#54 aurorarosepsychic

aurorarosepsychic

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

I have done both but I like to set ground rules of up and down= yes like a nod of the head and side to side =no like a shake of the head. Most human spirits answer in this way anyway I have found because it is familiar.

This has been my experience as well.  I love using a pendulum when I am having difficulty understanding what a spirit is trying to tell me.

#55 Roanna

Roanna

She of the spiders and degus...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:13 PM

I've been experimenting recently with quite a different way of using a simple yes/no board.  Divination by spider....

8396556_orig.jpg

Do what you believe to be the right thing and trust yourself.

Witchpathforward My website incorporating "Ask a Witch a Question," my blog and websites of witchy interest.

#56 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:37 PM

Ummmm fuck that...

#57 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:03 PM

What she said.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#58 Havilland

Havilland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:59 PM

Hahaha Deguwitchrose - I love it.

#59 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

I think I will stick with more conventional methods, LOL.

#60 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:52 PM

Oh my..... well I guess if one has a relationship with a spider companion, then why the hell not use it to divine ?

A Peer once said to me, " A tool is a tool, when I say it is a tool ".

I'm reminded of the old Timmy and Lassie TV shows....... Lassie was always getting Timmy out of predicaments.  LoL !

Regards,

Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1