Photo
- - - - -

Pendulum - Let it tell you the direction of Yes/No, or do you tell it?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#21 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

Pendulum, ok. Just not one of my favorite tools, at the moment. No reason; I just go back and forth with different tools. I could change my mind tomorrow. I have a number of pendulum type tools, gathered from different times in my life. I use mine for dowsing and other locating types of work. I am not inclined to perform yes/no divinatory work. If those are the only options, the issue or question probably isn't worth asking about in the first place.

This is exactly where I am right now. I like my pendulum and am not against using it, but generally if I'm looking for guidance from spirit it's more than a yes or no answer. There are other ways I've used it, but right now it's not something I reach for.

Yes to both of these. I used to work with my pendulum a lot for divination but I found that the types of questions I used to ask are ones I already know the answer to or should know the answer to. Then there is that whole thing about shaping your own life. Now, it tends to come out when I need to find something or I want to get to know a different spirit. I attempt a conversation with it and gradually phase out the tool. For me, its a focus only, the point of the whole thing is to foster is telepathic communication.

#22 westofthemoon

westofthemoon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:29 AM

Yes-clockwise
No- counter clockwise

I tell my pendulums the directions when I program them.

Wouldst thou like to Live Deliciously? ~ "The VVitch"

Say what you know, do what you must, come what may.

#23 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

I'm more inclined to utilize " show me ".

A month ago, one of my small Irish Bog cauldrons went missing from my table, ( fuzzy paws ) it's small and antique and very light weight.

I turned my house upside down looking for that missing item. Only when I got out my pendulum, and drew a mock up of my upstairs and downstairs,

did I find that little old thing, much to my relief and delight. Worked well. I used it to generally locate. :)

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#24 Kera

Kera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

What do you do. Personally, I like the idea of programming it. For those who let the pendulum make the decision (subconscious mind), do you do the acid test each time before you divine or just the first time you initiate the pendulum into use?

What is the acid test?

Kera

Why Pamper Life's Complexities When the Leather Runs Smooth On The Passenger Seat -Morrissey

#25 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

I just usually carry mine on me, for about 24 hours, seems to do the trick for me, with my acidic and acerbic personality. :wink:

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#26 BirdieMcCloud

BirdieMcCloud

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

I've never used a pendulum - is it required that you actually hold the cord or string? Wouldn't a pendulum set into a holder of some sort be less prone to you swinging it unintentionally?

#27 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

I use something personal that i have on me always on a chain but i dont ask yes and no answers also,i did when i first started playing with it,i say playing because that is what i would do many many years ago.Now i play with fire,lol. Not to long ago i found a lovely old wide rim vase ,so i put the alphabet around the rim,i suppose like one would use an ouija board.

#28 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

I find yes or no questions very helpful when I'm looking for things. For example "is it in the house? Is it in this room?" and so on.
"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#29 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:46 AM

yes i agree it is useful and i wasnt dismissing it A, :smile: I get bored wit

#30 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:49 AM

lol, sorry i meant to say ,i get bored with things easily so im on to the next thing/stange or far can i go

#31 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:23 AM

What is the acid test?

Kera

Identifying the directions for Yes and No each time you use the pendulum.

#32 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

I tell my pendulums the directions when I program them.

Just for clarification would that be each time you use it or a one time deal?

#33 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:37 AM

I've never used a pendulum - is it required that you actually hold the cord or string? Wouldn't a pendulum set into a holder of some sort be less prone to you swinging it unintentionally?

That's a helluva good question, lol. I can't answer it because I don't use my pendulems in the currently-accepted sense of their use, so I don't hold it and wait for a swing, but I am curious as to whether the question asked would have any relevance for those who do use it for divining?

M

#34 Kera

Kera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Woohoo! I contacted a few relatives last night! That thing was swinging like a 1940's big band! I loved it!!! I could feel the energy, so strong. I want to learn how to use it on the atrological chart, and chakra charts, does anyone know how to do this. I have the charts but not a very clear understanding on how to go about it?

Kera

Why Pamper Life's Complexities When the Leather Runs Smooth On The Passenger Seat -Morrissey

#35 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

Some put the pendulum on a stand, but one would have to have psychokinetic ability to move it, and so it is rare to find the pendulum worked like this. You could use that set up to practice psychokinesis. The pendulum is usually held between the thumb and forefinger, with the pendulum hanging down on any where from three to about 6 inches of chain/string/hair.

#36 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

yes i agree it is useful and i wasnt dismissing it A, :smile: I get bored wit

No worries dear I just wanted to put that out there for those who may not have thought to use the yes or no option for more simple practical purposes, since this is in the public section and we have new people coming in all the time. ;)

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#37 aurora

aurora

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

No worries dear I just wanted to put that out there for those who may not have thought to use the yes or no option for more simple practical purposes, since this is in the public section and we have new people coming in all the time. :wink:

Gotcha!! :thumbsup:

#38 MamaLavell

MamaLavell

• Seekers
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

Interesting to read about other peoples experience with their pendulums. I bought my pendulum ages ago at a really touristy new age store. Not because I wanted it, you understand, but because I’d been chatting to the owner and so felt obliged to buy something, and it was the cheapest thing that I could find (what can I say? I’m English). I shoved it in a drawer as soon as I got home and never really bothered with it. Then on a whim I started tinkering around with it a few months ago and was amazed with the results. It works brilliantly, and is incredibly accurate. As much of a witchy snob as I can be at times, I will never, ever trade in my cheap little tourist-tat pendulum! As daft as it sounds, I’m very fond of it now!

Anyhoo, on topic. My pendulum seems to have decided for itself how it wants to communicate (my brief attempts at ‘programming’ the little blighter were an unequivocal waste of time) and that’s fine by me. In fact, now that we’ve gotten to know each other better, I can honestly say that it’s method is probably the better one anyway. I generally ask it to show me yes and no before starting a Q&A, but the replies that it gives never seems to change. Its all pretty informal though (dare I say friendly?). I don’t do anything special with it - just whip it out of its bag, say hi and have a little chin-wag about what I’m doing, and get on with my questions. Cant say I’ve ever bothered doing any kind of protection before using it, but then I always thought of the pendulum as being more of a tool to connect with my own subconscious rather than any outer voices. Mind you, now that I’m getting to know it, I’m not sure...

Edited by MamaLavell, 08 May 2013 - 11:28 PM.

#39 faedragon

faedragon

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:41 PM

Mama, sounds as if your pendulum has a specific energy assigned to it - hence why it likes things done a certain way. ;)

#40 Startella

Startella

Czarwonica

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:20 AM

I just let it tell me which is yes and no, I have never done any protection of any kind while using it. Mine is very accurate and always has been.
Draco Dormien Nuquam Titillandus
(Never Tickle A Sleeping Dragon)