• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Kera

Kera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:48 AM

Hello, I was trying to look up some past threads and didn't have much luck, so now I am going to ask the public. Does anyone know of any spells that make your flower garden more abundant? Let me reinstate, would anyone be willing to share such information or point me to any such info. As always, thank you in advance.

Kera

Why Pamper Life's Complexities When the Leather Runs Smooth On The Passenger Seat -Morrissey

#2 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:58 AM

A relationship with it ("it matters not who rules the castle, the garden knows its gardener"). Hagthorn (hawthorn) will teach you all about the garden, but you have to be able to talk to her and listen to her; she is the old lady of the hedge. Birch wood is regenerating, and moss agate is a stone of the earth's energy very good for the garden. Spend tiime in it. talk to it, get to know it. Bees are the messengers so if you grow flowers to attract them, you can tell the bees everything. Also, it is good to leave one spot "wild" for the unseen things that might not want to be in a cultivated garden. Doing so shows you recognize them, and helps to build a mutual trust. Depending on what you want to achieve - a witches garden doesn't always look like a perfect flower garden, but the relationship with the garden is one well worth cultivating and a doorway to the other world/s. Most of all, spend time in it and listen to it and talk to it.. it will tell you what you need to know, and what it needs. Oh - and leave out a little something for anything wandering by that might be hungry... it shows your kindred with them. I leave out a piece of bread or leftovers every night. I also leave out water as it can get very hot over here. Leave little overturned flowerpots out for things (both physical and non-physical) to live in. Make your garden inviting to the other-world inhabitants. But most of all, spend time in it. It will talk to you and tell you what it needs.

M

Edited by Michele, 19 March 2013 - 02:02 AM.

#3 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:18 AM

I agree with Michele. Come to think of it . . . why would you use someone else's spell for YOUR garden? Why not write your own spell for growth and abundance? Only you will know the nature of your garden, the feeling and lore surrounding the flowers that you are growing or wish to grow.

#4 Kera

Kera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:03 AM

A relationship with it ("it matters not who rules the castle, the garden knows its gardener"). Hagthorn (hawthorn) will teach you all about the garden, but you have to be able to talk to her and listen to her; she is the old lady of the hedge. Birch wood is regenerating, and moss agate is a stone of the earth's energy very good for the garden. Spend tiime in it. talk to it, get to know it. Bees are the messengers so if you grow flowers to attract them, you can tell the bees everything. Also, it is good to leave one spot "wild" for the unseen things that might not want to be in a cultivated garden. Doing so shows you recognize them, and helps to build a mutual trust. Depending on what you want to achieve - a witches garden doesn't always look like a perfect flower garden, but the relationship with the garden is one well worth cultivating and a doorway to the other world/s. Most of all, spend time in it and listen to it and talk to it.. it will tell you what you need to know, and what it needs. Oh - and leave out a little something for anything wandering by that might be hungry... it shows your kindred with them. I leave out a piece of bread or leftovers every night. I also leave out water as it can get very hot over here. Leave little overturned flowerpots out for things (both physical and non-physical) to live in. Make your garden inviting to the other-world inhabitants. But most of all, spend time in it. It will talk to you and tell you what it needs.

M

So inspiring M! I guess I am a witch because my garden never looks perfect. It's actually a good reflection of me, a little this a little that. Gardening is a true passion of mine, but over the last few years I haven't been able to give all the attention I truly wanted because I was in school. But now I am back! So now that I have been practicing witchcraft I want to add some magic other than "miracle grow" :) Thank you for your advice and guidance.

Kera

Why Pamper Life's Complexities When the Leather Runs Smooth On The Passenger Seat -Morrissey

#5 Kera

Kera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:14 AM

I agree with Michele. Come to think of it . . . why would you use someone else's spell for YOUR garden? Why not write your own spell for growth and abundance? Only you will know the nature of your garden, the feeling and lore surrounding the flowers that you are growing or wish to grow.

Yes, I hear you, makes perfect sense. I just feel I'm too new at this to write my own, but I will give it a try! Thank you Jevne!! :) Oh I have another question for you Ladies....hope you don't mind? I've been working on some things in which I needed some herbs. I'm very skeptical of the freshness of the ones in bags in those new age shops, so I did alot of online researching for an authentic site in which to order from. So here's my question...if I use these herbs that I truly believe come from a reliable source, and for some reason they're not the real mc coy, but I had only the best of intentions, as well as not being an herbal expert, do you think the spell will still work, or not because I didn't have the real deal? Do you get what I'm trying to say, I confuse myself at times.

Kera

#6 Davenport

Davenport

Witch Of The Seven Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:35 AM

Just promise me your not ingesting these herbs of questionable origin?

#7 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

Online things are difficult... depends on how well you know the supplier. The problem with online, I find, is the herbs are usually mass-grown and mass-produced, with no spirit-interaction or cultivation. In other words, they have often had their spirit trampled by hot-house and un-natural growing conditions, careless handling, and even genitic alteration. Most roses you buy from a florist are so geniticaly altered that they no longer seed. Think about that - their creative life-force has actually been bred out of them in favour of that force producing the bigger, brighter flower. Their soul is dead or greatly diminished. Could you invoke the residual? Probably, if you know how to invoke. But it would not have the strength of the wild or magically cultivated rose. If you can't grow a specific plant in your area, there are usually herbs of a similar nature that you can grow. I can't grow belladonna, but I can grow the dancing ladies - the angel trumpet. Lovely large sinister flowers that bloom during the night, their skirts all a-whirl as they play in the darkness. So I'd decide what the need is, then try and find things that fulfill that need and are related to my path and will grow in my specific area.

I spend a lot of time in my garden, and people always expect it to look like a showpiece, then they come over and look at it in confusion and mutter "I thought she was a gardener" - never realizing the true life in the overgrown, wild, untended slightly hap-hazard look of my garden. Like any relationship, it should be based on caring and mutual respect, not merely on how pretty one is (or isn't, lol).

I work a lot with the Elder Tree which is steeped in folklore. I knew they grow wild in England (my hometown), and imagine my surprise when I researched them a bit and found there is actually a species native to Florida! Research the plants you want, and you may get some pleasant surprises!

M

#8 Aurelian

Aurelian

Thou Dost Protesteth Too Much!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

I'm not a gardener, but if I were I would try contacting the devi/plant spirits/genii and having a chat with them. I wouldn't immediately begin casting spells on my flowers/herbs to bear more flowers, as I believe it would stress the plant overly much and make them sickly and weak, or just less useful for other purposes. Just my opinion, as I am a crap gardener :wink:
"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#9 Kera

Kera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

I'm not a gardener, but if I were I would try contacting the devi/plant spirits/genii and having a chat with them. I wouldn't immediately begin casting spells on my flowers/herbs to bear more flowers, as I believe it would stress the plant overly much and make them sickly and weak, or just less useful for other purposes. Just my opinion, as I am a crap gardener :wink:

Very interesting concept! I'll try it if you will? You may surprise yourself :).

#10 Kera

Kera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

Just promise me your not ingesting these herbs of questionable origin?

Haaa, no I am not, and I thank you for your concern :).

Kera

#11 Kera

Kera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

Online things are difficult... depends on how well you know the supplier. The problem with online, I find, is the herbs are usually mass-grown and mass-produced, with no spirit-interaction or cultivation. In other words, they have often had their spirit trampled by hot-house and un-natural growing conditions, careless handling, and even genitic alteration. Most roses you buy from a florist are so geniticaly altered that they no longer seed. Think about that - their creative life-force has actually been bred out of them in favour of that force producing the bigger, brighter flower. Their soul is dead or greatly diminished. Could you invoke the residual? Probably, if you know how to invoke. But it would not have the strength of the wild or magically cultivated rose. If you can't grow a specific plant in your area, there are usually herbs of a similar nature that you can grow. I can't grow belladonna, but I can grow the dancing ladies - the angel trumpet. Lovely large sinister flowers that bloom during the night, their skirts all a-whirl as they play in the darkness. So I'd decide what the need is, then try and find things that fulfill that need and are related to my path and will grow in my specific area.

I spend a lot of time in my garden, and people always expect it to look like a showpiece, then they come over and look at it in confusion and mutter "I thought she was a gardener" - never realizing the true life in the overgrown, wild, untended slightly hap-hazard look of my garden. Like any relationship, it should be based on caring and mutual respect, not merely on how pretty one is (or isn't, lol).

I work a lot with the Elder Tree which is steeped in folklore. I knew they grow wild in England (my hometown), and imagine my surprise when I researched them a bit and found there is actually a species native to Florida! Research the plants you want, and you may get some pleasant surprises!

M

I will Michelle! Know what? I am going to plant an Elder in your honor, you have been so helpful and insightfull, and also because your English. My Great Gran was from Liverpool, and I also have family in Chester. I will take a photo once planted. I've seen those dancing ladies you have, they are magnificent! I have to see if we can grow them up here as well. I love that idea of them partying at night! I can relate being a night owl myself. LOL.
I absolutey agree about these herbs being mass produced and loosing everything that makes it so special, which is why I did a lot of searching. I came up with a botanical supplier that from what I can tell is legit. I only ordered two bags of powdered herbs that I want to use. I'll see how they work or not. My mind however keeps going back and fourth.......suppose I do find a reliable metaphysical store, and this person who makes all this stuff in magical herself, so on an so fourth...brings me to what Jevne had said about the flowers.....shouldn't I be the one using my energies on these formulas? So, again if the place and owner are legit and make up their own incense, oils and so on would you buy it already made from them or would you just go from scratch and make your own? I know I am a pain in the arse!!! I am making progress however :).

Kera

#12 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

I liked Aurlian's point, and it made a lot of sense... If you want a "magical" relationship with the plants, then don't force them into over-production and sickliness. It really would go against saying you want a relationship with them... it would be imposing you will on them in a way that isn't healthy for them. Save that for someone you want to hex, lol.

Why don't you pick one "magical" plant or herb, that you know will grow well in your area, and plant it. Then really spend time looking up all the folklore you can find on it, all the associations with it, and then see if they make sense... if they ring true. Really, really spend time with it and try to develop it as a ally... it will help to open you up to the other world, and you will be mastering knowledge of the plant, and learn how to sense it... how to feel it and pass information back and forth???

For the flower garden, fertalizer and a hose work wonders, lol... and you can attract bees and start developing a relationship with them... and spiders...

M

#13 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

I find Mountain Rose Herbs is wonderful supplier for most things (except rare banefuls) and they have a website or catalog you can order from.

I stay away from new age shops for herbs because I have had bad experiences with both freshness and unknowledgeable workers.

You really do have to have a good relationship with the plant to be able to grow it well. This same relationship will help protect it and speed healing when the plant is sick if that relationship is strong. I grew Thyme and Rosemary last year and spent quite a good deal of time with them. This year I started Thyme and Rosemary early and spent a few weeks babying them. During the move, the Thyme and Rosemary have spent many days with out proper light, and they even fell off the seat of the truck when a friend had to swerve to avoid collision bringing them to the apartment. They have been through frost, lack of light and water, and shock and now that I have the grow light all set back up, I spent some time with them and they are still living and growing even though they are only seedlings at this point. Michelle is absolutely correct. Relationship is key. If there is no relationship, it is doubtful that spell work will have the desired affect. Plants have defenses just like people.

In my opinion, the best herbs are home grown. I compared the Rosemary I got from the grocery store with the Rosemary I grew in my garden. Besides being much fresher and more scented, it was larger and more vibrant. You could feel energetic differences just picking up the jars.

#14 Kera

Kera

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

I liked Aurlian's point, and it made a lot of sense... If you want a "magical" relationship with the plants, then don't force them into over-production and sickliness. It really would go against saying you want a relationship with them... it would be imposing you will on them in a way that isn't healthy for them. Save that for someone you want to hex, lol.

Why don't you pick one "magical" plant or herb, that you know will grow well in your area, and plant it. Then really spend time looking up all the folklore you can find on it, all the associations with it, and then see if they make sense... if they ring true. Really, really spend time with it and try to develop it as a ally... it will help to open you up to the other world, and you will be mastering knowledge of the plant, and learn how to sense it... how to feel it and pass information back and forth???

For the flower garden, fertalizer and a hose work wonders, lol... and you can attract bees and start developing a relationship with them... and spiders...

M

My big problem actually is the spring flowers, that is why I was enquiring. I plant a boatload of daffodile bulbs and get mabey 5 or 6 to grow flowers, all the rest just come up as stems. Now the kicker is all of the other homes around me have them, it drives me Mad!!!! I also have been replacing the bulbs every two years. Tulip come up, but I have to say I feel I have planted more bulbs than what grows. Dont know mabey squirrels, but why don't they eat my neighbors flowers as well. So that's why I thought lets try some good old fashioned Magic! I won't give up, one of these springs it will happen, now I have more time to spend on the garden. Going to grow lavender this year too. I always wanted to grow it so that will be my new magical plant. Funny because all of my containers, and other flowering shrubs, and house plants do well. My Mother always told me a garden takes lots of patience. I really, really love gardening, even just going to the nursery's brings me such joy and peace. I can spend hours there! So lavender is my new spring project, well one of them. Cheers Ladies!!

Kera

#15 Davenport

Davenport

Witch Of The Seven Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

Haaa, no I am not, and I thank you for your concern :smile:.

Kera

lol :witch_bounce: