• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 Aurelia

Aurelia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

Thank you all for the clarification. This is something I am just starting to understand and still feel like I am only standing on the edge of it. I much appreciate the wisdom here from those of you who do have a deeper more complete understanding. I have no problem with protection spells for myself - that makes complete sense to me. But just now moving into the idea of doing a hex or curse on someone. I have not had cause to explore this previously but there is someone in my boyfriends life who has a great deal of black energy towards him - not because of anything he did, but because they want to take something from him - just because they think they can. so, I need learn fast.....but am starting to get some light on this so thanks. I have lots of pent up rage and anger towards this person so when I get it all straightened out in my head I will have plenty of fuel for it.

I'd perhaps look at some method of absorbing this energy. I've had good results establishing shields that feed on the negative energies of others and strengthen themselves as people project negativity toward either myself or those I love. That way, the worse the problem gets, the more effective the protection becomes.

Some good advice there from Degu. Something also to possibly consider is a form of binding, just be careful you don't bind it to yourself. A hex or curse may not be needed, lunabelle, for what you describe - although you obviously know the situation more than I.

#42 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

I think there are things in life that happen, and what the witch does is not to avoid the happening, but to come out of it less scathed that he/she could have been. Tires get old and need to be replaced. And if you don't replace them and that silver stuff comes through you're gonna have a blowout and a possible accident. No protection the witch has is going to keep rubber from eventually wearing off a tire, or keep a car running without oil changes. But good old common sense and regular maintenance will help keep it from becoming a problem. On the other hand, if Joe's tire is gonna blow and you're next to him on the freeway, and you have a protection relating to your car, you might get a sudden impulse to slow down, or to change lanes, etc. Many of my protections deal with things not of this world, so that is something that doesn't relate to this-world happenings. It doesn't mean something might not try to mess with me, but it might also mean that something may see them and figure they don't want to risk it playing with me. If a human deliberately sends magic to me, that is also another kind of protection - like the witches bottle. So I think we need to talk apples and apples and oranges and oranges....

M

#43 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

Like I said in the other thread I'm not worried about people targeting me via witchcraft. That I can handle. Life, though, does happen and shitty things do happen to everyone that may or may not be craft related. To think one can guard against every instance of misfortune is not only hubris, its impossible. I tend to roll with the punches, try to learn something and get on with it.

Also, AM and Aurelian, my apparent problems were posted to the forum nearly two years ago....just saying. Things change, people grow. I don't pussy foot around and I don't like insinuations. If people don't want to be called out when trying to be coy, then maybe they shouldn't bump the threads they are bitching about. Just in case I'm the one you are referring to. ;)

Edited for spelling... and some tact lol.

Edited by Whiterose, 23 March 2013 - 02:08 AM.

#44 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:15 AM

Well, the proof is in the pudding, isn't it? Of course there isn't any way to protect against any and all bad things that happen to people. If you think that you are untouchable, you are very simply delusional, not to mention the fact that you'd be putting yourself at greater risk insofar that you'd be ignoring the warning signs right in front of your face. All you can do is put up the best protections that you can, and hope for the best.

Like Aloe said, there is no way to protect from any and all bad things that could happen to you. We're not gods. Also, the perception that everything bad that happens to you is created by malicious external force is really rather simplistic. For all we know, your tutelary spirits, ancestors, and other forces that are on your team are ultimately working for your benefit. If we were protected from everything, we wouldn't be learning anything, and at that juncture what would be the point of even being alive?

Magic, like life(and we're witches here, so there is no difference between the two), is far far too complex to make such definite statements. It's absolutely absurd to say, "Nothing can mess with me, I'm the biggest, bad-assiest witch in existence!" You may indeed be one badass witch, but you're also human, with all the things that come with it.

It seems like you are addressing and Aloe. It would seem you've made quite a few assumptions here about me, some of which are insulting, and on things I didn't even say.

#45 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:18 AM

Well, I would think because not all "bad" things that happen to a person is caused by someone's ill wishes, or something to be protected from, ie cars break down, computer keys wear out, people slip on ice. Heck it's just physics and gravity and friction at work. Nothing more diabolical than that. Not really bad at all, just inconvenient. (I'm thinking that's what you were referring too, since a van breaking down was part of this?)

No, it was not what I was saying. When did I say that all bad things happen because of some one's ill wishes. I was speaking of a lot of shit happening, more than can be ordinarily expected.

#46 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

Like I said in the other thread I'm not worried about people targeting me via witchcraft. That I can handle. Life, though, does happen and shitty things do happen to everyone that may or may not be craft related. To think one can guard against every instance of misfortune is not only hubris, its impossible. I tend to roll with the punches, try to learn something and get on with it.

Also, AM and Aurelian, my apparent problems were posted to the forum nearly two years ago....just saying. Things change, people grow. I don't pussy foot around and I don't like insinuations. If people don't want to be called out when trying to be coy, then maybe they shouldn't bump the threads they are bitching about. Just in case I'm the one you are referring to. ;)
Edited for spelling... and some tact lol.

Whiterose, I never insinuated anything about you, and certainly did not bump a thread. I was not referring to any specific person on this forum.

#47 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

This is something I don't quite get. We have witches saying they have up very strong protections, and if anyone messes with them, then they get nuked. But, on the other hand, they also say bad things still happen to witches. I'm not addressing you specifically Aurelian, just generally.

AM, this post of yours irritated me, obviously going off the taglock thread. I apologize for getting you confused with the other two posts.

I do get what you mean too... I keep hearing a lot of "Nothing can mess with ME!" in one thread followed by a litany of terrible happenings the poster needs help with in their next thread. Doesn't add up.

Well, the proof is in the pudding, isn't it? Of course there isn't any way to protect against any and all bad things that happen to people. If you think that you are untouchable, you are very simply delusional, not to mention the fact that you'd be putting yourself at greater risk insofar that you'd be ignoring the warning signs right in front of your face. All you can do is put up the best protections that you can, and hope for the best.

Like Aloe said, there is no way to protect from any and all bad things that could happen to you. We're not gods. Also, the perception that everything bad that happens to you is created by malicious external force is really rather simplistic. For all we know, your tutelary spirits, ancestors, and other forces that are on your team are ultimately working for your benefit. If we were protected from everything, we wouldn't be learning anything, and at that juncture what would be the point of even being alive?

Magic, like life(and we're witches here, so there is no difference between the two), is far far too complex to make such definite statements. It's absolutely absurd to say, "Nothing can mess with me, I'm the biggest, bad-assiest witch in existence!" You may indeed be one badass witch, but you're also human, with all the things that come with it.

These also irritated me. In my opinion, stating that you can hold your own against other witches is not boasting that you are biggest baddest witch.

Considering a thread of mine that happened to bumped at the time detailing my issues of two years ago, it felt like I was being thrown under the bus here. :ohmy: I really hope that is not the case because you are all people I respect. If its not the case, well, I'm in rare form tonight and am feeling a bit like Godzilla. :twisted_witch:

#48 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:16 AM

Uhh, guys, Whiterose, Autumn, I wasn't referring to either of you or Aloe at all. I was just trying to address Autumn's question, and answer it as best I could. These insinuations that you said I put in there, I wasn't thinking about any of you while I was writing that out, whatsoever. If I've missed something, I've been extremely sleep-deprived today, so sorry about that.

Autumn, I'm not familiar enough with you to even make insinuations, I simply don't know enough about you. Whiterose, I respect you too much to do any such thing. Aloe--knows me more than well enough to know that I would not throw any of you under the bus, or make nasty underhanded comments about my friends. I don't pussyfoot around, like you said, not my style at all. Frankly, I lack the tact and subtlety to do so! I'm not familiar with these threads detailing your problems and whatnot, I don't read every thread on the boards. If you still feel that I'm making insinuations or whatnot about you(and I guarantee that I have not), PM me and we can talk about this.

-Aurelian

Edited by Aurelian, 23 March 2013 - 05:18 AM.

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#49 Micheál

Micheál

• Seekers
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

Upon your realisation that 'magic is real,' are you trying to say you're intimidated now in any way? Of course there can be repercussions and that has nothing to do with anything similar to a 'karmic law' or rede. Not even Wiccans believe that (Traditionals that is), which is some of the biggest misinformation out there. It's a simple science as understood now even the ancestors understood this as 'transference' we say now, which any crafter can realise.

Life is just impersonal and bad things are going to happen. Magically it's simple to just not do anything that you wouldn't do on a mundane equivalent and you'll have a clear conscious. Of course we all make good&bad decisions, act out of impulse, and may not know until hindsight. That's just part of life.

#50 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

Uhh, guys, Whiterose, Autumn, I wasn't referring to either of you or Aloe at all. I was just trying to address Autumn's question, and answer it as best I could. These insinuations that you said I put in there, I wasn't thinking about any of you while I was writing that out, whatsoever. If I've missed something, I've been extremely sleep-deprived today, so sorry about that.

Autumn, I'm not familiar enough with you to even make insinuations, I simply don't know enough about you. Whiterose, I respect you too much to do any such thing. Aloe--knows me more than well enough to know that I would not throw any of you under the bus, or make nasty underhanded comments about my friends. I don't pussyfoot around, like you said, not my style at all. Frankly, I lack the tact and subtlety to do so! I'm not familiar with these threads detailing your problems and whatnot, I don't read every thread on the boards. If you still feel that I'm making insinuations or whatnot about you(and I guarantee that I have not), PM me and we can talk about this.

-Aurelian

Maybe I was just being overly sensitive. Sorry all. I have taken this thread off topic long enough.

#51 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

AM, this post of yours irritated me, obviously going off the taglock thread. I apologize for getting you confused with the other two posts.

These also irritated me. In my opinion, stating that you can hold your own against other witches is not boasting that you are biggest baddest witch.

Considering a thread of mine that happened to bumped at the time detailing my issues of two years ago, it felt like I was being thrown under the bus here. :ohmy: I really hope that is not the case because you are all people I respect. If its not the case, well, I'm in rare form tonight and am feeling a bit like Godzilla. :twisted_witch:

I wasn't thinking of you at all, or any of our other members here. I was thinking along the lines of the fly by night seekers who pop in and introduce themselves as being big bad and powerful then post massive essays about their problems and beg for spells. I'm sorry you felt targeted, that was in NO way my intention.

Aurelian, I knew you weren't meaning me, I just found the question AM posed interesting and wanted to throw my .02 in.

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#52 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

One could always create for themselves their own design of a traditional Reversing oil. Utilizing methods of delivery.

IE: Candles on mirrors to be burned, or write the name of the target backwards on a mirror.

Just my thoughts. Would really like to see this post get back on Subject matter. Thank you ! :smile:

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#53 Guest_lunabelle_*

Guest_lunabelle_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

I understand, but would prefer a different term, than "black energy". Some of our dark-skinned members may find that offensive. I do.

I thought about that after I wrote it and I agree I don't like the reference. Perhaps it would be better to just refer to it as energy with the descriptive part at all. Thanks for bringing to my attention.

L

#54 Guest_lunabelle_*

Guest_lunabelle_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

This is something I don't quite get. We have witches saying they have up very strong protections, and if anyone messes with them, then they get nuked. But, on the other hand, they also say bad things still happen to witches. I'm not addressing you specifically Aurelian, just generally.

I would like to share my interpretation on this. As a witch, I have a higher consciousness than most that energy travels and can be sent to me. But do I think I am invincible and the strongest baddest witch on the planet? ummmm...No. There are witches or even people out there who have stronger energy than mine. Perhaps it is more intense energy that they have built up over a longer time for a certain situation (as in my case with what I am dealing with), or they have stronger energy as individual because they either have it naturally or have worked harder at developing and using it. So no, being a witch does not make one immune to being influenced by the energy of others and if they are strong enough they can get through our protections. This is why I use about 3 layers of protection. The final layer I consider the same as breaking into my physical home.

On the other hand, we need to strive to be as powerful as we can. This is what being a witch is about in my opinion. Overcoming fear. Fear is a gateway for all kinds of negative energy to intrude. Part of me believes outside energy can not attach itself to you if you don't allow it - if you don't accept it. "Fear that it might be able to", is the doorway it needs. So yeah, I want to feel as invincible as I can.

Its a double edged sword of protection. One side is knowing your enemies and the strength of the energy around you and not being stupid enough to think you are the strongest thing out there, but the other edge is fearlessness. Both of these skills need to be sharpened daily.

Edited by lunabelle, 23 March 2013 - 05:19 PM.

#55 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:47 AM

One could always create for themselves their own design of a traditional Reversing oil. Utilizing methods of delivery.

IE: Candles on mirrors to be burned, or write the name of the target backwards on a mirror.

Just my thoughts. Would really like to see this post get back on Subject matter. Thank you ! :smile:

Regards,
Gypsy

I employing reversing spells, when I am correcting an unconstructive or destructive outcome that is of my own doing. I utilize reflection or deflection more often, when shielding from those same results, which are driven by another person or situation. Does this make any sense? :)

#56 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

Well yes that makes sense. When I've employed reversal magic, towards a situation that arose, it does act like a shield of sorts, come to think of it.

Also it takes less energy to do so, if the situation continues to manifest itself, then the Witch is guarded in a way, so she/he can foster up

personal energy, to properly combat the situation. I never thought of that Jevne, until you posted that. Once the personal energy or the use

of another's energy barrowed possibly at that time, then the Witch can make the proper response as opposed to a reaction, as to " how " can I get the

proper outcome that I want when dealing with this situation, I find myself in and not liking it. Great food for thought, Jevne. Thank you.

Regards,
Gypsy

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#57 Lynn

Lynn

I've been InBetween

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

No, it was not what I was saying. When did I say that all bad things happen because of some one's ill wishes. I was speaking of a lot of shit happening, more than can be ordinarily expected.

I reread my post and it confused me too.
The OP talked about her van breaking down and I thought that was what you referred to as far as bad things happening. It seemed that since you said you don't get why a witch would say they have strong protections but talk about bad things happening to witches anyway.

I got the ill wish part from your sentence saying "They have up very strong protections, and if anyone messes with them, then they get nuked. But, on the other hand, they also say bad things still happen to witches."
The "anyone messing with them" I took that to mean "Ill wishes" towards them. To me that meant the same thing.

AND besides what I was trying to say, more importantly I'm sorry that I misunderstood you! That's why I ended the post with that question. :) Sometimes, especially at the end of a long day, I misread things.

'When in danger, when in doubt, Run in circles, scream and shout" Robert Heinlein.
"Women and cats will do as they please, men and dogs need to relax and get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein

"In Wildness is the preservation of the World." Henry David Thoreau

#58 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

Looks like there have been misunderstandings all around. How about if we just let it all go :)

#59 Lynn

Lynn

I've been InBetween

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

Looks like there have been misunderstandings all around. How about if we just let it all go :smile:

I'm hip! :)

'When in danger, when in doubt, Run in circles, scream and shout" Robert Heinlein.
"Women and cats will do as they please, men and dogs need to relax and get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein

"In Wildness is the preservation of the World." Henry David Thoreau

#60 Willau

Willau

• Seekers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

This is an interesting topic. :D

Witch, or not, we all get handed lemons once in awhile. AKA- Negative energy.

We can shield when feel a need to by doing reversals if we feel we are being targeted. But, I usually find it more fun to make lemonade. I absorb the negative & spit it out with creativity.