The Use of the Dark Energies

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_justme_*

Guest_justme_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

Howdy! :smile:

I read a few posts into this and decided I'd better respond before I have to go offline. As J said and you agreed, there is only energy. It's a tool.

Now sometimes hexes and curses can do a bit of a ricochet on you, that you have to watch out for, but none of this suffering massively due to a cast spell bit. Taint the way it is. :wink:

Hi Lynn, I totally get what you are saying and this discussion has been a big eye opener for me and clarified a lot of confusion within. Is there a way to watch out for the ricochet or protect oneself from it, or even prevent it? I would be very interested to know what you think if you don't mind sharing.

#22 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

Easy peasy. Put up strong protections and use an external power source and direct that with your intent, it helps prevent(but not totally) an energetic exchange and hence anchoring a spell to you. That, and have no doubt or guilt while you're at it.
"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#23 Guest_justme_*

Guest_justme_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

Gottcha :clap: I think the guilt thing was my big hang up. I do use external power sources to carry and intensify my intent. I didn't with the two spells I did before becoming a witch because I wasn't aware that I could. Funny that you mention this because when I do healing spells I always use other energies besides my own to heal - my own energy directs the other energies. I have never had a problem taking on the illness and I believe it is because of this.

Thanks for the answer

#24 Aurelia

Aurelia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

You've had some great answers so far. I'm probably going to end up repeating some lol.

Energy isn't dark vs light, energy just is. For an analogy: In the form of electricity, it isn't dark or light but you can still get electrocuted if you're not careful. The energy isn't dark, nor is it seeking to give you consequences for whatever you're trying to do with it, but if you don't handle it properly you can get shocked. Working a spell is just the same - if you don't work it properly, or are careless, then it can bite you in the ass. But repurcussions from giving someone a consequence to their own actions? No. The times you may find yourself reaping a consequence for your spells can come from someone else directing something at you. Not "the light" energy trying to balance out "the dark" :yuck: Energy doesn't need to balance itself because it doesn't have these love-and-light opposites.

I've never really understood the idea of revenge (for want of a better word) spells coming with a "balance out the bad with good" attachment. If someone hurt you and you work a spell to give them repurcussions for their actions, then why would you get some of your own? You've already had suffering, you're the one dealing out the consequences. If "the light" energy came to give you negative repurcussions for defending yourself, you better be ready to hex that bitch back too lol!

So, from what you've said I'm wondering if the things that happened to you happened not because of consequences being dealt out (because, no.) but because of ineptitude (you say these things happened "before you were witch"), leading as in the analogy above to being electrocuted. I think many members here have had a spell bite them in the ass at one time or another, due to something not being quite right or needed to be worded or directed differently. So I am inclined to agree with the others here that it sounds more like your doubt and guilt had caused things to happen to you as well as the others involved. Or perhaps, as I said before, you could consider that someone was messing with you - you say your ex-husband ran away scared, would he have got outside witch-assistance to have hexed you?

But yeah, overall summary, energy is energy. It isn't light, it isn't dark, it just is :smile:

#25 Lynn

Lynn

I've been InBetween

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:30 AM

Hi Lynn, I totally get what you are saying and this discussion has been a big eye opener for me and clarified a lot of confusion within. Is there a way to watch out for the ricochet or protect oneself from it, or even prevent it? I would be very interested to know what you think if you don't mind sharing.

Sorry I didn' t see this earlier. Yes, like Aurelian said, and focus focus focus on your target, and be sure of your intent. That being said, sometimes the ricochets aren't too awful and well worth it! NOT that I am advising you not to prevent them.

'When in danger, when in doubt, Run in circles, scream and shout" Robert Heinlein.
"Women and cats will do as they please, men and dogs need to relax and get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein

"In Wildness is the preservation of the World." Henry David Thoreau

#26 Guest_lunabelle_*

Guest_lunabelle_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

Aurelia, that is the best explanation to make sense to me so far. I don't believe in the one balancing the other out either. But I do think if you are not careful its easy to get shocked.

I personally rarely do revenge spells, preferring to deal with the specific problem rather than cursing the person....but, if someone wants to be obnoxious enough to intentionally keep causing problems or they have malice towards me, of course I will defend myself with whatever means necessary. it is no different than in the physical world. If you are about to be attacked and have no means of flight, you had better stand and fight.

#27 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:48 AM

I personally rarely do revenge spells, preferring to deal with the specific problem rather than cursing the person....

Eh, not all curses are done out of revenge . . .

#28 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

Nope, not at all. I personally do hexes/curses most of the time to try to prevent that person from doing any further damage to myself or others. People whose lives are falling apart tend to then focus on themselves, instead of expending their energies screwing up yours.

"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#29 Aloe

Aloe

ridge running Ozark banshee..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

I personally rarely do revenge spells, preferring to deal with the specific problem rather than cursing the person....

What J said. Also, not all curses are done in lieu of dealing with the problem either, dealing with the problem is often the very point of the curse. :pumpkin_rolleyes:

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#30 Guest_lunabelle_*

Guest_lunabelle_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

Thank you all for the clarification. This is something I am just starting to understand and still feel like I am only standing on the edge of it. I much appreciate the wisdom here from those of you who do have a deeper more complete understanding. I have no problem with protection spells for myself - that makes complete sense to me. But just now moving into the idea of doing a hex or curse on someone. I have not had cause to explore this previously but there is someone in my boyfriends life who has a great deal of black energy towards him - not because of anything he did, but because they want to take something from him - just because they think they can. so, I need learn fast.....but am starting to get some light on this so thanks. I have lots of pent up rage and anger towards this person so when I get it all straightened out in my head I will have plenty of fuel for it.

#31 Roanna

Roanna

She of the spiders and degus...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

there is someone in my boyfriends life who has a great deal of black energy towards him -.

I'd perhaps look at some method of absorbing this energy. I've had good results establishing shields that feed on the negative energies of others and strengthen themselves as people project negativity toward either myself or those I love. That way, the worse the problem gets, the more effective the protection becomes.

Do what you believe to be the right thing and trust yourself.

Witchpathforward My website incorporating "Ask a Witch a Question," my blog and websites of witchy interest.

#32 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

Why do you correlate the events that happened to you to what you did to your ex-husband? Nobody is guaranteed a charmed life. Sometimes bad things just happen to people. You caused the destruction of his house, a business, and got him fired from his job...while you had a car break down. Car is going to break down eventually, anyway, is it not? I don't understand why you connect these events.

This is something I don't quite get. We have witches saying they have up very strong protections, and if anyone messes with them, then they get nuked. But, on the other hand, they also say bad things still happen to witches. I'm not addressing you specifically Aurelian, just generally.

#33 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

Thank you all for the clarification. This is something I am just starting to understand and still feel like I am only standing on the edge of it. I much appreciate the wisdom here from those of you who do have a deeper more complete understanding. I have no problem with protection spells for myself - that makes complete sense to me. But just now moving into the idea of doing a hex or curse on someone. I have not had cause to explore this previously but there is someone in my boyfriends life who has a great deal of black energy towards him - not because of anything he did, but because they want to take something from him - just because they think they can. so, I need learn fast.....but am starting to get some light on this so thanks. I have lots of pent up rage and anger towards this person so when I get it all straightened out in my head I will have plenty of fuel for it.

I understand, but would prefer a different term, than "black energy". Some of our dark-skinned members may find that offensive. I do.

#34 Aloe

Aloe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

This is something I don't quite get. We have witches saying they have up very strong protections, and if anyone messes with them, then they get nuked. But, on the other hand, they also say bad things still happen to witches. I'm not addressing you specifically Aurelian, just generally.

Speaking just for myself, it's because just as I am not perfect neither is everything I do. I have weak points (as does everyone I believe) and although my protections are very strong, something occasionally does get through and less-than-pleasant things happen. Life is so amazingly complex that I cannot possibly ward against every undesirable scenario, and nor would I really want to because some things that seem awful right off (like losing everything to a house fire, or a lover leaving, etc.) are part of a process of opening a gateway for a new level of awesomeness. So yeah my protections reflect much ill intent that comes my way back to the sender, if someone gets through with their ill intent I will ferret out the perpetrator and deal with them in the most diabolical nuclear fashion I can devise, but I still recognize that unpleasantries will happen on occasion because I'm still living life in a vast and complex universe I am constantly struggling to understand.

"The people who live in the Ozark country of Missouri and Arkansas were, until very recently, the most deliberately unprogressive people in the United States. Descended from pioneers who came West from the Southern Appalachians at the beginning of the nineteenth century, they made little contact with the outer world for more than a hundred years. They seem like foreigners to the average urban American, but nearly all of them come of British stock, and many families have lived in America since colonial days. Their material heirlooms are few, but like all isolated illiterates they have clung to the old songs and obsolete sayings and outworn customs of their ancestors." Ozark Magic and Folklore

#35 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

Me, have weak points! Hell, no ;) .... um, would you please pass the butter, lol.

I get what you say Aloe, and I can agree with it. But, at the same time there seem to be a dichotomy going on in general.

#36 Aloe

Aloe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

I get what you say Aloe, and I can agree with it. But, at the same time there seem to be a dichotomy going on in general.

I do get what you mean too... I keep hearing a lot of "Nothing can mess with ME!" in one thread followed by a litany of terrible happenings the poster needs help with in their next thread. Doesn't add up.

#37 RavenFlyer

RavenFlyer

Backwoods Witch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

You're right Aloe. It doesn't add up. I often wonder about these people. I am really well protected from people cursing or hexing me. It's not to say they won't be able to touch me. But I know how to handle the situation if it should arise. I also realize bad things happen to me and everyone else anyway. And not everything is someone sending out dark energies to screw around with me. It's just life, like my company changing billing. It's life, not some dark sinister force trying to screw with my life. These things happen and so I handle them the best way I know how.
My ETSY store:

Appalachian Witchery http://www.etsy.com/...lachianWitchery

#38 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

I do get what you mean too... I keep hearing a lot of "Nothing can mess with ME!" in one thread followed by a litany of terrible happenings the poster needs help with in their next thread. Doesn't add up.

Well, the proof is in the pudding, isn't it? Of course there isn't any way to protect against any and all bad things that happen to people. If you think that you are untouchable, you are very simply delusional, not to mention the fact that you'd be putting yourself at greater risk insofar that you'd be ignoring the warning signs right in front of your face. All you can do is put up the best protections that you can, and hope for the best.

Like Aloe said, there is no way to protect from any and all bad things that could happen to you. We're not gods. Also, the perception that everything bad that happens to you is created by malicious external force is really rather simplistic. For all we know, your tutelary spirits, ancestors, and other forces that are on your team are ultimately working for your benefit. If we were protected from everything, we wouldn't be learning anything, and at that juncture what would be the point of even being alive?

Magic, like life(and we're witches here, so there is no difference between the two), is far far too complex to make such definite statements. It's absolutely absurd to say, "Nothing can mess with me, I'm the biggest, bad-assiest witch in existence!" You may indeed be one badass witch, but you're also human, with all the things that come with it.

#39 Lynn

Lynn

I've been InBetween

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

Well, I would think because not all "bad" things that happen to a person is caused by someone's ill wishes, or something to be protected from, ie cars break down, computer keys wear out, people slip on ice. Heck it's just physics and gravity and friction at work. Nothing more diabolical than that. Not really bad at all, just inconvenient. (I'm thinking that's what you were referring too, since a van breaking down was part of this?)

'When in danger, when in doubt, Run in circles, scream and shout" Robert Heinlein.
"Women and cats will do as they please, men and dogs need to relax and get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein

#40 Lynn

Lynn

I've been InBetween

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

You're right Aloe. It doesn't add up. I often wonder about these people. I am really well protected from people cursing or hexing me. It's not to say they won't be able to touch me. But I know how to handle the situation if it should arise. I also realize bad things happen to me and everyone else anyway. And not everything is someone sending out dark energies to screw around with me. It's just life, like my company changing billing. It's life, not some dark sinister force trying to screw with my life. These things happen and so I handle them the best way I know how.

Yeah like you said! :smile: