- - - - -

The Use of the Dark Energies

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_justme_*

Guest_justme_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

The wording threw me off on this concept because I have never considered them "dark" just opposites.

However, I have had some strong experiences with this that I want to share and would welcome feedback.

First before I ever considered using the title witch with myself, I knew that when I really willed something into being - it happened. So when my husband had an affair on me with the same woman for the second time and we both realized we were done, I decided it was very unfair for her to be able to step into all the work that we had built together. This was a long term marriage and we had built a business together, restored a victorian home, and basically built a life. I felt damned if I was just going to be replaced and have this woman walk into the fruits of my labor, and I knew she would eventually during the first affair they had. My daughter was still in school and I wanted to keep things together for a while longer for her sake. So I looked right at him, with no forethought but every intention of my being, and told him, if you do this, you will lose everything we have built together. I specifically put the "built together" exception because he had bought the house on his own before me and in my mind he deserved to keep it (maybe not looking the way it did......lol)

He of course looked at me like yeah, right.

Well over the next year he got fired from his job, the auction business failed, and he came up to my place of employment and told me that a storm had come and blown open the french windows in our old bedroom and all around the four walls water poured in from the ceilings - not the windows. But the room was ruined. He was really freaked out. And when he sees me now - he runs. literally.

Okay all well and good but I used the money we built in our 401K which I got since he kept the house, to buy myself a beautiful Honda Van. I paid for it in cash. Well after about a year of owning it, it started having a little trouble......The transmission when out and I spent 4500 replacing it. Drove it for 6 mos and was leaving work one day and the engine just failed. gone. So we had it hauled in and it would be another 4 or 5 thousand to have it fixed. I said no and left it with the garage for the cost of it being towed and looked at (which is about all it was worth by this time) They fixed the engine and this little christian family bought it and within 6 mos. he called me at work wanting to know about the transmission because it had gone out - again. I told him to ditch the van, that it was cursed. He thought I was joking - I wasn't.

I didn't consider this dark magic - just justice. Even after losing the van I still didn't want that woman in my home getting the fruits of all my labor - but I did pay a price. Probably because the spell wasn't specific enough - i should have told him she will never reap the rewards of my work or something along this nature. But I paid a big price.

Second dark energy spell also before I became a "witch"

I was up here single and having the time of my life. I was quite the belle of the ball because I wouldn't sleep with any of the people I was hanging out with so they were all flirting with me ect and I was having a great time. But one guy really really wanted to date me and I didn't want to date him. It just didn't interest me. So he stared becoming very malicious and spreading rumors and lies about me and being really mean and disrespectful to me in public - like if I can't have you no body will. So I woke up one morning after he had been really nasty and pretty much ruined my evening and mirrored back all of his negative hateful energy to his man parts. I watched them shrivel up and cursed him with all of my anger. I was pissed. So of course all came true. he fell in love with another girl and she just ate him for lunch. Also he lost his job, became destitute, and had to move. All my friends came back.

BUT.....I started having female bleeding problems to the point where within 2 years I was in intensive care bleeding so heavily that my heart beat was over 189 beats per a minute I had lost so much blood. I got better but it was a little scary.

So I don't know. I have been a little hestitant to use my dark energies while very angry on specific people. Now I do use the energy of destruction regularly - but don't consider it dark.

When I became a witch my familar gave me, herself, the 4 elements, the moon and the energy of a hawk (that is a very very very trippy story - not the one i have shared here on this board) to use in spells. The moon I use to create and destroy. And I was told to become one with all the elements - the love them, feel them, be them, rule them. I had a problem with fire at first - it intimidated me but I knew if I was out of whack with one, it would cause problems. So I studied fire, played with it, talked to it and looked at both sides of its energy. I love fire now. And same for all of the other elements - I love water but look at a picture of a huge storm at sea and its a little intimidating.....

enough said - so I get the use of dark energy but my question would be how do you protect yourself from the consequences if you really need to let someone have it?

#2 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

By dark, you actually mean negative? Energy exists outside of morality. It simply is - no good, no bad.

So, you think that because you magically kicked your husband's cheating ass, you incurred some punishment in the form of "bleeding". Is that right?

I am sure others will have different opinions, but to me, personally, that thinking (no offense, really) speaks of three-fold, new-age, karma bullshit, which has nothing to do with Traditional Witchcraft. There might be unintended outcomes of a magical working, but no retribution or punishment for being a naughty, little Witch.

I work exclusively with ancestors, but even for those who work with godforms, I can't imagine anyone here choosing to work with any entity that would scold them for taking care of business. Shit, my family, both living and dead, would hold him down, while I sawed off his dick with a rusty knife. They would praise, not punish me.

BTW, what part of what you believe you did would you count as negative (or in your words, dark)? In my mind, that was a pretty positive outcome. He suffered, horribly. If I were in your shoes, I'd have been pretty damned pleased with all that.

There are threads about some of the other stuff, familiars, elements, etc, that you mentioned located throughout the forum. The search button can be helpful, or if you need assistance, let someone know, and we will find it for you.

#3 Guest_justme_*

Guest_justme_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

mmmm....jevne, the bleeding corresponded to the second spell I wrote about. not the one I did on my husband. If you look back that was about the van which cost me over 15.000. gone. good bye

I agree with what you are saying that energy just is - it is neither good or bad which is what confused me about the label dark. I personally don't believe in the general use of the word evil. it is too subjective. To me it was "evil" that my husband cheated, but to him it wasn't - he found happiness with someone else. I moved on and have had a very nice life. So it all just kind of goes around and around. What may be seen as evil can end up being good and what may be seen as good can end up being destructive.

But I do know from my own personal experience that the two times I used magic to cause destruction to other people using the energy of my anger, both well deserving of the destruction imo, it also "seemed" to come into my life also.

The first instance I think it was due to the choice of the wording - you know you have to be soooo specific and the money spent on that van was all money earned while we were together.

The second I am not sure about with the bleeding whether it was even connected or just coincidental. I was at prime age for that to happen naturally anyway.

But I am a little skittish now. Magic is real. The consequences are real. energy doesn't think - it doesn't go, oh, she said this but I know this is what she meant. So yes, I have a very healthy respect for my own ability to fuck things up. and because of my ability to cast, I know I can do it well. I don't like pain.....lol.

I don't beleive in the wiccan bullshit at all. or karma even, If anything I believe in chaos. But energy out and energy in. for some reason this happened and I want to know why and how to prevent it in the future.

Any one who has any thoughts please share.

#4 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

Thank you for the clarification. Some of your comments seem contradictory, at least at first glance. I understand the direction that you are going.

Best wishes.

#5 Aurelian

Aurelian

The Devils Enabler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

Why do you correlate the events that happened to you to what you did to your ex-husband? Nobody is guaranteed a charmed life. Sometimes bad things just happen to people. You caused the destruction of his house, a business, and got him fired from his job...while you had a car break down. Car is going to break down eventually, anyway, is it not? I don't understand why you connect these events.
"The truth about the world, he said, is that anything is possible. Had you not seen it from birth and thereby bled it of its strangeness it would appear to you for what it is, a hat trick in a medicine show, a fevered dream, a trance bepopulate with chimeras having neither analogue nor precedent, an itinerant carnival, a migratory tentshow whose ultimate destination after many a pitch in many a mudded field is unspeakable and calamitous beyond reckoning." - Cormac McCarthy

#6 Evergreen47

Evergreen47

Ms. Spock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

Why do you correlate the events that happened to you to what you did to your ex-husband? Nobody is guaranteed a charmed life. Sometimes bad things just happen to people. You caused the destruction of his house, a business, and got him fired from his job...while you had a car break down. Car is going to break down eventually, anyway, is it not? I don't understand why you connect these events.

What Aurelian said. In the first case, I can at least see WHY you might connect them because they dealt with money you and your husband had made together, but the second one? Not so much.... I would focus more on the fact that you had two WILDLY successful spells and less on the fear of something happening to you if you use "dark" energies. Just my $.02.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

-=Frank Herbert=-

Rock on, gold dust woman. Take your silver spoon and dig your grave.

#7 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

I'm of the mindset that Energy is, period. Energy is not comprised of emotional feelings, or ethics, or cultures, or is it male or female, even though the operator may be.

Energy is Alternating Current-Directing Current, ( AC-DC ) and not in the sexual content. Energy is double-gaited, Energy hits both ways. In my opininion, the manifestation of Magic applied and directed by the Witch, to pin it on consequences as to the outcome, is un-realistic, in my mind. When a Witch can open up a working and can close down a working.

Regards,
Gypsy

Edited by CelticGypsy, 05 March 2013 - 12:07 AM.

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1 

#8 Stacey

Stacey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

I was just wondering - did you subconsciously think that there might be consequences? Also, I don't think that you were using 'dark energies', what you've described is what any witch not of the 'love and light' or Wiccan persuasion would do if some one screwed with them and they would do it with no hesitation or concerns other than the energy doing what it must to achieve the aims of the witch. I don't think what happened were consequences but the mind is a powerful thing.
"The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by an invader. The mind is a complex and many-layered thing." Severus Snape - HP and the Order of the Phoenix

#9 Lilikate

Lilikate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:59 AM

Bad shit still happens to witches, even love and light ones. Dont hesitate to slap someone if they slap you. Also, maybe you need to work on the protections you have built up around yourself and dont let them slip.
I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex.

-Oscar Wilde

#10 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:12 AM

It sounds like you may have had some guilt in using the 401K money to buy a van and that may be why it rebounded on you the way that it did. I don't think that you incurred consequences because you dealt out a little justice, I think that you held on to the energy instead of sending it all the way because of the guilt you may have had over using the money for the van. You say this is before you became aware that you were a witch, so this wasn't a conscious spell anyway. I say live and learn and keep it in mind when you do another spell. I also don't think the bleeding is related. I think that may be trying to find a pattern in chaos. Said bluntly, it probably would have happened anyway.

#11 Guest_justme_*

Guest_justme_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

Wow awesome replies thank you all. What whiterose is saying makes sense to me. I may not have fully let go of the energy I was sending due to some subconscious guilt. And yes Sneakybeast, I am the kind of person who has no qualms letting someone have it if deserved (according to me because that would be the only true judgement - again subjective) and not wanting to take any consequences myself....lol. No problem with that at all. And Jevne, I know I am a wordy writer so yeah, I get it that you may skim my post trying to get the gist of it. I think you have a lot of great stuff to share. I have read several of your posts on other threads and you have a lot of wisdom mixed with common sense - I like that.

So I would like to know more about using dark energies in spells. I would certainly agree that anger is passion. and passion fuels energy - like putting high test in your car instead of regular. I believe very much in the power of love. But I also believe that there are other energies at work outside of us and sometimes they can be very strong and not at all interested in love. Sometimes, we have to fight fire with fire. Plus, I want to experience myself fully as a witch. Fully to me means accepting all aspects of myself, both love and hate.

Anyone have any thoughts on using dark energies in spells and also building protections around oneself?

#12 Guest_justme_*

Guest_justme_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

oh, and jevne, my comments are contradictory - you are right. Because once you start seeking the truth of something there is always the opposite of that truth which shows itself. again polarity. both are actually true if that makes any sense. We humans would like to think there is some kind of order. Many of us become witches because we want control. Control and order feel safe. But the truth of it, in my opinion is that life is chaos. pure chaos. and out of the chaos comes order - this is how our planet was formed. There is a great deal of chaos in nature - in us. We are all full of contradictions. In my mind there is a balance between control and letting the chaos be. Because out of the chaos sometimes come beautiful things and if we are so busy trying to control and direct we miss the opportunities the chaos brings. On the other hand, when one wants something............. a spell is in order. Just me but I think some of the strongest energy is the chaos.

Edited by justme, 05 March 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#13 brea

brea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

You were wronged first. You had to feel the consequences of his actions. You were responding to his actions. Giving back what he gave to you. Those are his consequences, not yours, if that makes any sense :).

Brea

#14 Lilikate

Lilikate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

What makes you feel safe? Have you experimented with different herbs? Do you communicate and have bonds with the land you are on? Do you ever visualize a sphere of safety around you? Ever made a witches bottle? Tied knots or made cords to trap negativity or negative spirits? Spells for protection can be great, i'm sure, but you should explore what i mentioned for more long term protection. And i dont really understand what you mean by using dark energy in spells... So i'll let someone else answer that. Keep searching the forum, explore all the threads you can. You are bound to find your answer somewhere on here, it just make take a lot of reading. There are no simple steps, this path is about learning to do it your own way based off.of suggestions by others or impulses of.your own. Good luck.

-Oscar Wilde

#15 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

double post. :D

Edited by Whiterose, 05 March 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#16 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,747 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

So I would like to know more about using dark energies in spells. I would certainly agree that anger is passion. and passion fuels energy - like putting high test in your car instead of regular. I believe very much in the power of love. But I also believe that there are other energies at work outside of us and sometimes they can be very strong and not at all interested in love. Sometimes, we have to fight fire with fire. Plus, I want to experience myself fully as a witch. Fully to me means accepting all aspects of myself, both love and hate.

Anyone have any thoughts on using dark energies in spells and also building protections around oneself?

I don't subscribe to "Light energy" or "Dark energy". Energy just is. You can tap in to the life/creative current or the death/destructive current and use either for light or dark workings. I think though, from your post you already know how to tap in to the destructive current.

As for the protection thing...there are umpteen million threads on that so I won't answer that one. ;)

#17 Guest_justme_*

Guest_justme_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

I love the topic of witches bottles and tying cords both of which I have not experimented with. Maybe we can start a thread on the witch's bottle. I know what they are but not that much about them. Sunday however I went for a walk in the woods and found myself at our bottle dump. I have mentioned on other posts that the house I live in is very old and has been owned by bf family forever. They have this huge bottle/trash dump over the side of the property where the ice house used to be so it contains bottles and parts from the turn of the century through the 70s. The ice and water push new ones up and I hadn't been in a while. Lying on top was a chicago undertakers supply bottle from the turn of the century with the chemicals inside. It is a cool botttle with the embossing so I took it in but I also found tons of new bottles in all colors - old blue magnesium bottles, brown ones, lots of pharmcy bottles with the ounces embossed. Some of them have working tops - some dont. Also found a glass chick feeder that was not broken.

But I had the biggest ah ha moment today. I realized what I had done with both spells. I have always intuitively felt that my consequences were linked to these spells because I rarely get sick or have anything bad happen to me.

So I was thinking back about what I was really feeling/thinking when I cast. I felt both times the spells were deserved but I also felt I was partially responsible for the relationship ending in my husband's case, and in the case of the guy, I had told him I wasn't going to sleep with him and wasn't attracted to him but I let him do a lot of stuff for me. So I did have this guilt for being partially responsible myself. But the guilt was caused by my applying some sense of justice were everything should be fair (according to me) Then I realized bs. I need to allow myself to just want what I want, do what I want to do and if need be take what I want to take. It is the law of nature that the strong survive. The lion doesn't go, geez, I shouldn't have killed that gazelle because he was smaller than me. He just takes what he needs to take. I have the power to cast and my will is really strong. Now I just need to get over the fluff bunny stuff. I think you guys might make a proper witch of me yet.........

#18 Lilikate

Lilikate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

It has been brought up recently the importance of being specific and including caveats in magical workings, see: "general vs specific in spellcasting". I don't know if there's a thread for witches bottles (but honestly there probably is) but I remember just googling it when I was curious. Not trying to be bitchy here but you do know there's a search box in the upper right corner, and if you click view new content and use the options on the side to.filter you will see all recent threads?

It is awesome that you have access to so many bottles... there's a million uses for them.

Edited by Lilikate, 05 March 2013 - 08:20 PM.

-Oscar Wilde

#19 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

I find that in the common culture people tend to either ascribe a personality or intelligence to "light and dark" energies or to an over-riding "something" that dictates outcomes and/or retribution for outcomes. Ages ago, man learned from his environment (as we still do) and his environment was very different from ours. He didn't have to wait until the weekend and make a special trip to the parks to interact with "controlled" nature - he was dependent on it for survival. He watched it closely, knew when to hide from it, when to stalk in it, and when to use it to his advantage. He knew that sudden silences were indicative of danger, including silences of the weather. He knew that fog could hide him from enemies and from prey he hunted. He looked up in the early morning from drinking water at the edge of the lake and saw shapes swirling in the fog and knew that threshold to be a liminal place. He lived this, he didn't just think on it. He saw that living things dies and decayed and returned to his source of life (the earth), and he saw it could roll and shake and kill with no warning. He wasn't just aware of all this, he lived personally, intimately, dependent on it. And these observations shaped his first gods. We live in the physical world of the earth, and the earth will constantly balance itself for the survival of the planet. The "dark and light" energies are but opposing sides of the same thing, neither good nor bad, but simply existing to maintain a balance within the physical world.

We live in the "me" culture of instant gratification. Early man lived in the culture of survival against all odds. We live in a culture where the humans are the new gods and it's all about us, us, us, understanding our inner selves, happiness above balance, happiness above respect, happiness above responsibility. And it's created a culture who can never be happy becuase they're always looking for more. The energies (or the earth for that matter) don't give a shit about our inner selves. The inherent drive of the earth as a natural planet is survival of the planet. And the practice of the craft (to me) in any spiritual-religious context is living within the streams of that balance and knowing how to manuver through them. And magic is learning how to work WITH both of the extremes of the energies (and all in between) to better our lives/survival without inhibiting the natural balance of the planet. But these energies are not out to either get or to save any one particular person. They are just catch-names for the powers that exist within the forces of nature that can be tapped into by the astute human.

M

Edited by Michele, 07 March 2013 - 10:49 PM.

#20 Lynn

Lynn

I've been InBetween

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:51 AM

The wording threw me off on this concept because I have never considered them "dark" just opposites.

However, I have had some strong experiences with this that I want to share and would welcome feedback.

First before I ever considered using the title witch with myself, I knew that when I really willed something into being - it happened. So when my husband had an affair on me with the same woman for the second time and we both realized we were done, I decided it was very unfair for her to be able to step into all the work that we had built together. This was a long term marriage and we had built a business together, restored a victorian home, and basically built a life. I felt damned if I was just going to be replaced and have this woman walk into the fruits of my labor, and I knew she would eventually during the first affair they had. My daughter was still in school and I wanted to keep things together for a while longer for her sake. So I looked right at him, with no forethought but every intention of my being, and told him, if you do this, you will lose everything we have built together. I specifically put the "built together" exception because he had bought the house on his own before me and in my mind he deserved to keep it (maybe not looking the way it did......lol)

He of course looked at me like yeah, right.

Well over the next year he got fired from his job, the auction business failed, and he came up to my place of employment and told me that a storm had come and blown open the french windows in our old bedroom and all around the four walls water poured in from the ceilings - not the windows. But the room was ruined. He was really freaked out. And when he sees me now - he runs. literally.

Okay all well and good but I used the money we built in our 401K which I got since he kept the house, to buy myself a beautiful Honda Van. I paid for it in cash. Well after about a year of owning it, it started having a little trouble......The transmission when out and I spent 4500 replacing it. Drove it for 6 mos and was leaving work one day and the engine just failed. gone. So we had it hauled in and it would be another 4 or 5 thousand to have it fixed. I said no and left it with the garage for the cost of it being towed and looked at (which is about all it was worth by this time) They fixed the engine and this little christian family bought it and within 6 mos. he called me at work wanting to know about the transmission because it had gone out - again. I told him to ditch the van, that it was cursed. He thought I was joking - I wasn't.

I didn't consider this dark magic - just justice. Even after losing the van I still didn't want that woman in my home getting the fruits of all my labor - but I did pay a price. Probably because the spell wasn't specific enough - i should have told him she will never reap the rewards of my work or something along this nature. But I paid a big price.

Second dark energy spell also before I became a "witch"

I was up here single and having the time of my life. I was quite the belle of the ball because I wouldn't sleep with any of the people I was hanging out with so they were all flirting with me ect and I was having a great time. But one guy really really wanted to date me and I didn't want to date him. It just didn't interest me. So he stared becoming very malicious and spreading rumors and lies about me and being really mean and disrespectful to me in public - like if I can't have you no body will. So I woke up one morning after he had been really nasty and pretty much ruined my evening and mirrored back all of his negative hateful energy to his man parts. I watched them shrivel up and cursed him with all of my anger. I was pissed. So of course all came true. he fell in love with another girl and she just ate him for lunch. Also he lost his job, became destitute, and had to move. All my friends came back.

BUT.....I started having female bleeding problems to the point where within 2 years I was in intensive care bleeding so heavily that my heart beat was over 189 beats per a minute I had lost so much blood. I got better but it was a little scary.

So I don't know. I have been a little hestitant to use my dark energies while very angry on specific people. Now I do use the energy of destruction regularly - but don't consider it dark.

When I became a witch my familar gave me, herself, the 4 elements, the moon and the energy of a hawk (that is a very very very trippy story - not the one i have shared here on this board) to use in spells. The moon I use to create and destroy. And I was told to become one with all the elements - the love them, feel them, be them, rule them. I had a problem with fire at first - it intimidated me but I knew if I was out of whack with one, it would cause problems. So I studied fire, played with it, talked to it and looked at both sides of its energy. I love fire now. And same for all of the other elements - I love water but look at a picture of a huge storm at sea and its a little intimidating.....

enough said - so I get the use of dark energy but my question would be how do you protect yourself from the consequences if you really need to let someone have it?

Howdy! :)

I read a few posts into this and decided I'd better respond before I have to go offline. As J said and you agreed, there is only energy. It's a tool.

Now sometimes hexes and curses can do a bit of a ricochet on you, that you have to watch out for, but none of this suffering massively due to a cast spell bit. Taint the way it is. ;)

'When in danger, when in doubt, Run in circles, scream and shout" Robert Heinlein.
"Women and cats will do as they please, men and dogs need to relax and get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein

"In Wildness is the preservation of the World." Henry David Thoreau