Photo
- - - - -

Astral projection to speak to higher self and/or spirits?

astral projection divination

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#81 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 07:04 PM

This is fascinating. I have never really thought or read specifically about the "astral plane". I guess even though I am familiar with the term and astral travel I suppose in my mind there was not necessarily a distinct difference between what is called the ethereal plane vs the astral plane. I guess I thought there different "realms" and more than just two but many. I know when I was LITTLE and at the time it was broken down into "heaven, hell, and wherever ghosts come from" I had an epiphany that rang true in my core and still does. That was a sudden certainty that the ethereal realm is right here, not bound by location, but literally around and even passing through us. And that hauntings and other "supernatural" occurances tend to happen where there are "thin spots" between that realm and ours. I still believe that much is fact. And the fact that that is more or less what several others have said seems to back that up. If anyone can give me some recommended reading on the "astral plane" I would appreciate it as I can tell from reading this thread I am behind on that topic. Based on what I've read here it sounds like it is being referred to as a plane that allows travel from point a to point b in either realm. If it is that, it makes me wonder if it IS the veil. But obviously I am freely admitting I need education on that point. I do think what is a stumbling block to understanding these things is the human tendency to apply the laws of our physical experience to things that are not physical. Location, and dimension, and relative position don't apply here I don't think. I suspect that when we have spiritual visions or travels and there appears to be a change in location or apparent positioning in these matters it may just be our consciousness filtering something that would be otherwise unfathonable into a picture we can grasp. The mind would not know what to do with pure unaltered information if it had no comparison to our knowledge or previous experience. I tell you compared to the few online discussions I have participated in in the past there are some very insightful, well read, and truly knowledgeable people on here. What a gift to have found.

...From ev’ry depth of good and ill , The mystery which binds me still...— Poe

#82 Natty

Natty

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:31 PM

What wonderful insight, Oro......I read something by Arthur C Clark and he puts it like this: "magic is science we just don't understand yet". I totally understand what you mean by the human tendency to need to apply the laws of the physical.

I had a similar epiphany when I was about 7 years old. I was laying in bed and suddenly I had this overwhelming knowledge of life, the universe and everything in between. Sadly it was a momentary experience and by the time my brain had caught up with what was going on it had gone. I couldn't recall or put into words any of it. I spoke to my dad and he said the same thing had happened to him at a young age too. Anyway that's slightly off topic.

I really enjoyed what you have to say!

#83 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:46 PM

What wonderful insight, Oro......I read something by Arthur C Clark and he puts it like this: "magic is science we just don't understand yet". I totally understand what you mean by the human tendency to need to apply the laws of the physical.

I had a similar epiphany when I was about 7 years old. I was laying in bed and suddenly I had this overwhelming knowledge of life, the universe and everything in between. Sadly it was a momentary experience and by the time my brain had caught up with what was going on it had gone. I couldn't recall or put into words any of it. I spoke to my dad and he said the same thing had happened to him at a young age too. Anyway that's slightly off topic.

I really enjoyed what you have to say!
---------------------------------------------
Thanks :smile: ... What is it about kids though? I had all manor of weird shit going on around me when I was a kid. Then, one of my daughters saw "people" in her room from the time she could talk until very recently (she also saw something she called "the man" when she was little and Im pretty damn sure I saw him as a child too, but that is another story) (she is 18 now)... Kids and animals, know things in a purer way than the rest of us tend to. The only reason I can come up with is maybe at the very beginning of life and then at the end of life our spirit is the closest it will ever be while on this plane to being united with. well, wherever they came from- we'll say the spirit realm.. (to try to name that brings on a whole other topic.) Anyway, Im curious if you have thoughts on what thats about. Im not sure I subscribe to the theory I just suggested because that may require a linear time relationship and Im not sure thats how spirit works. If it is simply a matter of being conditioned to ignore and disbelieve as we are trained to function in the physical world- Oh what we could achieve if we could go back to the childhood quality of seeing and knowing.

#84 Natty

Natty

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:29 PM

I have often thought the same thing about going back. I think we are born so receptive to these things and become 'normalised' by everyday life and routine. My daughter was exactly the same too - she's almost 17 now. She once described to me a man sitting under an apple tree with a hat on. I went up to loft and pulled out an old box of photos containing one of my paternal grandfather in that exact pose.

I'm going to give what you said about the ether and astral planes some more thought and get back to you. I'm keen to explore this loads more!

#85 Oroboros

Oroboros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:04 PM

As for your quote- Yes exactly! It is funny to me how science eventually catches up with things healers and shamans have known for centuries- and been ridiculed for. Then one day a scientist discovers WHY it is true and then all of the sudden it is validated. Worse, why is it that once science can explain something we tend to think of it as no longer magical. Like the Christians and evolution...Why couldn't the creator have designed evolution and still be the creator? I'd say it would validate "his" credentials as god to have the foresight to make life in a way that can adapt to survive and thrive. - sorry, bad habit of asides.
Anyway, science we don't understand yet:) : http://discovermagaz...leave-your-body

#86 birdiejoy83

birdiejoy83

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:11 PM

Be careful. The last time i did that i ran across an incubus

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astral projection, divination