Photo
- - - - -

Astral projection to speak to higher self and/or spirits?

astral projection divination

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#41 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:34 AM

I use the off green background setting.  The purple / pink is not hard on my eyes.

Yay! Any other input is welcome bc I don't want members to past my posts by bc of the harsh contrast. 

I see you're getting your degree in art of the obvious~myself
Without music life would be a mistake~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time~ H.L. Mencken
When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#42 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

I use the blue and I have to highlight it also.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#43 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:38 AM

I use the blue and I have to highlight it also.

Hopefully the pink is better! :)  I'll get around to changing my sig here in a bit. 

When nature has work to be done, she creates a genius to do it~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves~ Galileo

#44 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

Awesome!  I can see it now.  Thanx.

#45 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:35 PM

I have never projected as far as I am aware. I do not even have many lucid dreams any more. Recently I have started exercising quite a bit so I am sleeping like a dead man.

Redhead, do you care to share what herbs you put in your pillows? I have a very poor understanding of herbalism so it would be interesting to see what other people do.

I have tried to project before with interesting results and consequences. I think it is interesting that I can get in to a very relaxing meditative state, but when I start trying to loosen up my energetic/ethereal/whatever body my heart begins to race. I do often get the sensation of pulling up or out of my body but my head is always stuck. I should try it when I'm falling asleep to see if that helps.

I suspect that attempting projection has woken up some other stuff in me, though. Shortly after I made good progress with projection exercises I woke up one morning with a permanent sensation of having an energy brain (like how people have an energetic body they can feel, but mine is just in my brain) and I can pick up energy with my eyes instead of just with my hands. It gave me some radical headaches for a while, though. So in those regards I think doing/attempting projection may be important for some people, it will be interesting to see what I can get out of it when I finally get there.

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#46 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:17 AM

I have never projected as far as I am aware. I do not even have many lucid dreams any more. Recently I have started exercising quite a bit so I am sleeping like a dead man.

Redhead, do you care to share what herbs you put in your pillows? I have a very poor understanding of herbalism so it would be interesting to see what other people do.

I have tried to project before with interesting results and consequences. I think it is interesting that I can get in to a very relaxing meditative state, but when I start trying to loosen up my energetic/ethereal/whatever body my heart begins to race. I do often get the sensation of pulling up or out of my body but my head is always stuck. I should try it when I'm falling asleep to see if that helps.

I suspect that attempting projection has woken up some other stuff in me, though. Shortly after I made good progress with projection exercises I woke up one morning with a permanent sensation of having an energy brain (like how people have an energetic body they can feel, but mine is just in my brain) and I can pick up energy with my eyes instead of just with my hands. It gave me some radical headaches for a while, though. So in those regards I think doing/attempting projection may be important for some people, it will be interesting to see what I can get out of it when I finally get there.

Sure thing! Sorry I've been recuperating from The Summer Solstice event we have here.

For my AP/Lucid dream pillows I use:

Mugwort-helps increase dream recall and assists in lucid dreaming

*Anise- increase psychic abilities, repels nightmares  

Dittany of Crete- Assists in AP (smaller amounts)

Mint- increases clarity and vividness of dreams

For variations- Ones I actually make/use as well

More of a "dream" sleep:

Mugwort- see above

Mint- see above 

Lavender- relaxing, soothing, helps induce sleep

Catnip- Good for a deep/relaxing sleep

Chamomile- Calming/relaxing, helps repel bad dreams

Rosemary- Helps induce deep sleep, also repels bad dreams (only small amounts- too stimulating for some, even in small amounts) 

Roses- Brings "warmth" and love to dreams 

Restful Sleep: 

Lavender- see above

Lemon Balm- helps relieve stress, anxiety, and headaches

Catnip- See above

Chamomile- See above

Hops- Relaxing, soothing, peacefulness

Mullein- Helps prevent nightmares 

Rose Petals- See above

Rosemary- See above

Other herbs that can be used: (ones I have not yet used personally- at least in the pillows)

*Cloves, Lemon Verbena, Orange Peel (all help with increasing the vividness of dreams- cloves use in very small amounts)

Passionflower, Sweet Marjoram-helps induce sleep; eases restlessness, nerves, anxiety

Angelica- For prophetic dreams, visions, protection

Vervain- Brings pleasant dreams, induces sound sleep, protection

Wormwood- Psychic enhancement, romance, protection

*These herbs can also increase/induce erotic dreaming, so be forewarned :wink:

I grind all of the herbs bc in addition to making the pillow itself more comfortable, it also seems to increase the scent (which is what the herbs are really used for in this form)- most likely due to releasing very small amounts of the essential oils of the herbs. 

Always use dried herbs.

I don't use essential oils to increase the fragrances for a couple of reasons, however some people do. If you do, make sure you can tolerate it in dried form first and that the herbs are completely dry before placing in pillows. 

You can use a simple muslin bag and tie it after placing the herbs in it; or you can sew some pieces of muslin, cotton, silk (basically any natural fabric that allows the herbs to "breathe") together, leave a flap open/not sewn, flip it inward and fill w/herbs, then sew the last flap. 

If anyone uses any of these, either for sleep, lucid dreaming, AP, etc. I'd love to hear how they worked out for you! My husband's worked "too well" and he felt like he wasn't sleeping well bc he was using a "dreaming" pillow and let me tell you, he remembered his dreams in vivid detail. I just refreshed mine since I made some for the Summer Solstice- and holy cow, I've been dreaming very vividly and the recall of my dreams is excellent. 

Now if I can just manage to acquire the right techniques for me, to assist in AP, I'll be in good shape! :smile:

Edited by bewitchingredhead, 28 June 2014 - 09:20 AM.

#47 Wexler

Wexler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:21 AM

Thanks a ton for the info :)

[avatar source]

#48 bewitchingredhead

bewitchingredhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:31 AM

Thanks a ton for the info :smile:

No problem! If you ever use one, let me know how it goes! :smile: 

I've been remembering ALL of my dreams since I put a new one in last Saturday night. And I can still remember what most of them were about- since I was naughty and didn't record them in my dream journal. :whistling:

#49 ArcticWitch

ArcticWitch

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:57 PM

Hmmm.  Wex, I question if your experience(s) was not an OBE, but rather an etheric projection.

#50 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:57 PM

How would you define the difference between an OBE and an etheric projection?

#51 Wexler

Wexler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:30 PM

Hmmm.  Wex, I question if your experience(s) was not an OBE, but rather an etheric projection.

To be honest, I do not travel at all (except maybe that once) so I'm not really familiar with the lingo. Is there a significant difference?

[avatar source]

#52 ArcticWitch

ArcticWitch

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:53 PM

'Etheric projection' simply means projecting the spirit/essence/true self anywhere on earth, while still retaining a connection to your body.  It's my understanding that in a true OBE, however, the physical body is completely vacated but the spirit/essence can go back and occupy the body at any time.  

I could be totally wrong about this- it's been a while since I've researched it- but these are the impressions I chose to commit to memory.  :)

#53 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:22 PM

'Etheric projection' simply means projecting the spirit/essence/true self anywhere on earth, while still retaining a connection to your body.  It's my understanding that in a true OBE, however, the physical body is completely vacated but the spirit/essence can go back and occupy the body at any time.  

I could be totally wrong about this- it's been a while since I've researched it- but these are the impressions I chose to commit to memory.   :smile:

That pretty well matches what the common idea was back in the late 70's and into the 80's about etheral and astral projections.  At times Etheral was also compared to the notion of remote viewing and real time.

#54 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:25 PM

I always considered OBE's to be traveling into the ethereal world.  Astral projection is traveling to somewhere else.

#55 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:47 PM

LOL, I find this all confusing. I've been traveling all my life, I cannot seem to tell the difference. I've come to the conclusion I've never had an OBE.

I've traveled everywhere and returned to my body. I make no distinction to where I travel vs. what kind of travel it was.

Can't seem to wrap my head around these different definitions -- Totally dense about the difference and embarrassed to say so. 

Edited by Nikki, 02 July 2014 - 09:48 PM.

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#56 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:03 PM

If you travel to your best friends bedroom and watch them sleep or chit chat - that's an OBE into the ethereal plane.

If you travel to a different realm altogether - I've found the easiest way to access the gates is through the astral.

What I find really interesting is that several people I know have traveled to an ancient forest in the astral except they have no idea of how to give directions to the place.  I'd really like to see that.

#57 Guest_monsnoleedra_*

Guest_monsnoleedra_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:34 PM

If you travel to your best friends bedroom and watch them sleep or chit chat - that's an OBE into the ethereal plane.

If you travel to a different realm altogether - I've found the easiest way to access the gates is through the astral.

What I find really interesting is that several people I know have traveled to an ancient forest in the astral except they have no idea of how to give directions to the place.  I'd really like to see that.

But you can also project your awareness to their bedroom and view through the etheral even as you are aware of sitting in your living room for instance.  As such remote viewing is a form of etheral projection and walking though you tend not to have the falling or dropping sensation you see so often with an O.B.E. type projection.

#58 RoseRed

RoseRed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:44 PM

So, am I missing something in the explanation of it?

#59 Nikki

Nikki

Air Bender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:55 PM

So, ok... I've had tons of O.B.E.'s, according to that definition. (I tend to equate OBE's with near death experiences) not traveling, per se. 

@Monosno --- very interesting !!! Although Remote Viewing and Projection feels very different, there is similarity, without the SnapBack. I never thought of it this way, but it makes sense. Thanks. 

The difference between Medicine and Poison is the Dose. :oil-bottle:
I Love you as certain Dark Things are to be Loved,
In Secret, Between the Shadow and the Soul.
- Pablo Neruda

#60 Wexler

Wexler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:14 AM

So is there a difference between the ethereal plane and the physical one?

[avatar source]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astral projection, divination