Non-Wiccan Books

kerakarma

I'm sure it is full of conjecture, magic is not scientific as it isn't measurable or verifiable by conventional methods. Witches still use a bit of scientific method(IMO), in that we know what works, don't repeat mistakes, keep using herbs in a certain way, et. al. I love all sort of zany theories, both if they're rather a bit crap, or if they have a bit of truth to them, but that's just a personal quirk, I respect your opinion RF :puppykiss:

• Upvote 1

Guest justme

I'm sure it is full of conjecture, magic is not scientific as it isn't measurable or verifiable by conventional methods. Witches still use a bit of scientific method(IMO), in that we know what works, don't repeat mistakes, keep using herbs in a certain way, et. al. I love all sort of zany theories, both if they're rather a bit crap, or if they have a bit of truth to them, but that's just a personal quirk, I respect your opinion RF :puppykiss:

I beg to differ. Science is just starting to concretely validate what people have believed forever. For instance they have done studies (and I am sorry but I am not a detail person) where they can measure brain activity now that records that people sense things like car accidents several minutes before the accident even occurs.

The human brain has been a mystery and still is. But with technology we are starting to make headway into understanding some the the complexities. Geneticist are discovering there is a spirituality gene that explains why some are more prone to believing in divine entities while some don't.

Studies are being done to study the souls weight upon death and science is finding there is a tiny loss of mass after a person dies. Thoughts are now believed to have actual mass and weight.

I believe a lot of what makes a witch is hardwired in. There are some who have the "sixth senses" naturally - the ability to know without knowing, the ability to see without seeing, the ability to contact and converse psychically, the ability to manifest mind over mind and mind over matter.

In my opinion this may account for witch craft being passed down among families because if these traits are genetic they are also hereditary and would show up in family lineage. I also believe they are developed through practice and use. All of us may have them to some degree but some definitely just have them in a stronger capacity. Kind of like being born a natural athlete.

I truly believe in the end, science will verify that the craft is indeed true.

I agree with you that science will probably, at some point be able to figure *some* of this out, at least. It's all very soft science however. There is no quantification of the energy we use at this point, mode of action is purely theoretical and not described whatsoever, etc. It's all very interesting, I agree, but the field of study is in it's infancy.

I mean, it's all well and good to say oh, we are all connected and quote string theory, but saying things like that is a massive jump in logic. It's guesswork. Evidence is way too thin, this is not hard science.

Enough of this though, these sort of conversations do not ever end well, especially here. Straight out from the bollocks, as they say. :twisted_witch:

Edited by Aurelian

Guest justme

I agree its in its infancy and we may never see the fruition of it in our life time. but then again with the speed of tech these days who knows. Debate is a good thing if people remain open minded (and dont get overly sensitive - SELF take note.....lol) It is fun to explore what we "think" as long as, as you stated, we realize it really is all theory at this point.

I agree its in its infancy and we may never see the fruition of it in our life time. but then again with the speed of tech these days who knows. Debate is a good thing if people remain open minded (and dont get overly sensitive - SELF take note.....lol) It is fun to explore what we "think" as long as, as you stated, we realize it really is all theory at this point.

I agree, and hope you don't get offended by what I'm saying. I'm really pretty nice as a person, but my writing style is not always perceived in such a way LOL. It would be better to continue this topic in other occult practices, or something(if at all really), as it has nothing at all to do with traditional witchcraft. Just saying, people are gonna get annoyed, and we're hijacking a thread about non-wiccan books that has nothing at all to do with the subject and probably making work for the mods.

You still head my list of witches not to piss off, no matter how nice you are! I don't want pride of place on your curse tree!!

Haha, awesome :vhappywitch: Wherever I move to next tho is gonna have to have at least a gnarly old rose bush, I need something with spines or thorns!

Just to get back on topic, I'd recommendThe Secret Commonwealth of Elves, Fauns, and Fairies for a bit of interesting lore!

Mastering Witchcraft ​is one of those classic good starter for sure. I saw Lora's Irish Witchcraft from an Irish Witch mentioned, and if you're into that sort of thing she has a new one out called Practical Guide to Irish Spirituality which is available as an E-book as well. Mostly spiritual based including the land& ancestors, but there's a few secular elements as well. She's a friend&Craft sister of mine that sure knows her stuff!

• 3 years later...