My Poppet Problem

Brythonwen

I was thinking about making a poppet this weekend- got all my stuff (except herbs) and started with the sewing, intention, etc. Then I ran into a freakin' brick wall. Here is the situation:

This poppet was for the person to refrain from certain behaviors that is hurting a friend- the usual stuff. I had everything I needed to bind and stop the behavior BUT I only wanted the "bad stuff" to kick in IF he continued the behavior- you know, confusion, tongue tied, stomach ache- whatever.

THAT'S where I hit the wall. I just COULD NOT figure how to make a certain scenario "kick in" IF he did something that was against what the poppet was designed to prevent. Maybe I over thought it but I started to wonder if this is a situation that did not call for a poppet in the first place.

Thoughts?

Ok so I guess I was ok then- that was my original plan, had it all written then thought and thought and thought about it and decided it might not work. But if it is ok, then I am good! Yay!

Bind it with his hair, if you have it, mouth, neck and wrists to prevent action, is the best way I know of doing something like you need. Tie a knot, and seal with a drop of blood.

I tried to get his stuff- hair, nails, old tshirt- anything but couldn't. I was going to use black thread to bind, blindfold over eyes, heart shaped red cloth over mouth, etc. Then stuff it with nasties to trigger if he disobeyed. Then I thought maybe I would put it in a jar with urine but changed my mind as that would be more for a total hex rather than a "trigger" hex.

Ummm... should we move this off the public chit-chat forum??

M

Don't look at me . . . you are the one getting all fancy with the poppet. :puppykiss:

PS - move and the original poster might not be able to see it. ;)

It just gives a whole new creep-factor to when you walk in on your daughter and she's got her army of Barbies all lined up and is talking to them, lol lol

M

Thats EXACTLY what I was going to do with it! So yay and thanks so much! I just got confused with the trigger element. The truth is, the poppet is for a friend who is being horrible to another friend- very bizarre and hurtful behavior (and on purpose). SO, I was reluctant to just have the "nasties" on it at all times- I only wanted it to happen IF he continued this behavior. So now I know my original thinking was correct and I am happy about that.

Also, sorry I put this in the public forum. I will be more careful next time.

And you aren't kidding about the creepy part- my boyfriend was staring at me like I was crazy yesterday when I was sewing it- hahahaha! I bet he thought it was for him :twisted_witch: muahahahahaha!

This poppet is like the creepy clown you felt was alive when it stared at you from across the bedroom when you were a kid (I still hate clowns, lol).

I really have nothing to add as the advice is excellent but I do agree with you here. Clowns creep me out, there ain't no clown I ever seen that hasn't given me the creeps in a big way.

The only thing that I may add to the already, really good advice you've been given, is to quit second guessing yourself. If you know what you want, you got the items together to create the thing, you know what you want it to do, you give it life... but then you think it won't work. Then it won't. Really know and make it do what you want. You're in charge here.

Tell the poppet.

If it's "alive" which it should be if it is a true representative of the person, then tell it. Talk to it like it is the living thing it is. It can't mind-read. Not nasty-angry yelling... becuase you are in control and you are controlling this. Just talk, like you were talking to a child about his behaviour. While you are making it and tieing its hands together tell it why - what it did with it's hands that offended you, and that is the reason you are now tieing them, and that he is responsible for this action. And this should have a slightly creepy feeling to it.. it's a creepy conversation and you are doing something creepy to stop a creep. It all adds into the nature of what you are doing. And when the behaviour lightens up, untie a bit.. .and tell him why you are giving him another chance and that if he misbehaves again, you will tie his hands tighter until he learns his lesson. This poppet is like the creepy clown you felt was alive when it stared at you from across the bedroom when you were a kid (I still hate clowns, lol). It is 'alive" and represents the person. And you talk to it as though it is, because it is. And you are also responsible for it (the poppet) so take care of it.

And once he's learned it, you untie his hands and let it go.

M

Edited - for explicitness and too big a creep-factor for the public forum.

Very lovely. I wish i had read it before the edit! :flash:

Bind it with his hair, if you have it, mouth, neck and wrists to prevent action, is the best way I know of doing something like you need. Tie a knot, and seal with a drop of blood.

I like your style...

The only thing that I may add to the already, really good advice you've been given, is to quit second guessing yourself. If you know what you want, you got the items together to create the thing, you know what you want it to do, you give it life... but then you think it won't work. Then it won't. Really know and make it do what you want. You're in charge here.

Yep. The best thing you can do is just let it go and know it will be, then forget about it. The subconscious mind is a great enemy of magical work. If you question it, it will fail.

Archived