Photo
- - - - -

Help with Weight Loss

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
98 replies to this topic

#81 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

Weight is something I struggle with as well.  After my last car wreck and back surgery it's much harder to move enough to get the benefits of exercise.

I did a weight loss spell years ago.  I made a little book filled with pictures from catalogs and magazines of the look that I wanted to achieve.  I found that using the pictures and the outfits that I loved really helped with focusing my goal.  There was no specific weight attached to it.  Then like a dumbass - once the goal was achieved the spell ended. 

I'm seriously considering doing another one but this time keeping it active to maintain that look once it's achieved.  Live and learn.

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#82 Roanna

Roanna

She of the spiders and degus...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

As a woman of generous proportions and an appetite for gluttony, I don't usually bother watching my weight too closely. But I was given a handy heads up recently by another witch who has managed to lose weight with magical methods. Basically she blew an egg, drilled a hole in the top, filled the egg shell with a mixture of melted wax and her own skin cells, stuck a wick in and left the candle to harden. She then peeled the shell from the egg and burned the candle for a minute each day while visualising on the reduction of her own weight as she watched the wax burn. 

Do what you believe to be the right thing and trust yourself.

Witchpathforward My website incorporating "Ask a Witch a Question," my blog and websites of witchy interest.

#83 Autumn Moon

Autumn Moon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:46 AM

Just a little humour, but why did she blow the egg ;)

Sounds like a solid spell. I am wondering why she chose the egg shape for the candle?

#84 Mountain Witch

Mountain Witch

Practical b/witch

• Moderators
  • 3,845 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:59 AM

AM,

I can't answer directly but from my way of thinking, it wasn't the shape so much as the concept. The original shell would equate to her skin & the candle wax to the fat she wanted to "melt away".

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will.
~ Henri Frederic Amiel

You can access my blog and get autographed copies of my books through my website

#85 Roanna

Roanna

She of the spiders and degus...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

AM,

I can't answer directly but from my way of thinking, it wasn't the shape so much as the concept. The original shell would equate to her skin & the candle wax to the fat she wanted to "melt away".

Yes, I believe this was the intention and the visualisation of slow reduction was to align her reducing weight with the reduction of the candle. The egg was both an easy way to make a candle and symbolic of the female shape.

Do what you believe to be the right thing and trust yourself.

Witchpathforward My website incorporating "Ask a Witch a Question," my blog and websites of witchy interest.

#86 Honeythorn

Honeythorn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

I really like that idea actually....Though I would rub the egg candle all over the key areas of excess fat I would like to bugger off the most ,while visualising them becomeing smaller and the muscle strong and lean. In my case my lower abdomen, side rolls and inner thighs.

I may have mentioned it before possibly... but I really cannot reccomend weight training enough for fat loss and toning. And I don't mean little 2 lb weights either. You need decent weights that challenge you, Yes start small but get heavier as you progress. I do a Bodypump class twice a week ( look it up on youtube, I also do bodyattack for cardio 3 times a week ) which has resulted in magnificent muscle growth in my thighs, backside, arms and back. They are all very noticable ,much harder and more well defined, and the shape can be seen even under my fat.

Remember that muscle is a fat burning tissue !!! The more you have the more fat you will burn to fuel that muscle :)

Look to a modified version of a bodybuilders diet, but personally I would not ( and do not as I do in fact follow such a diet myself) eat as much red meat as many do as the body didn't evolve to eat red meat in huge quantities on a very regular basis. Eggs are an excellent source of protien, as is fish ( I eat a tin of mackrel a day ) and lean white meat. Wang in a ton of salad ( mmmm radishes...)and steamed vegetables too. It's boring food but it does work. You can add treats in slowly.

I've lost a few kilos now . I had gained weight due to a contraceptive implant screwing my hornones around. It's taken a long time to start settling down, and still isn't there yet but I am starting to see some small results. I have done the above before and lost quite a lot of weight. I didn't used to do weight training back then ,but now I do it should help considerably.

#87 Jevne

Jevne

Former Member

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:00 AM

I like Honeythorn's common sense advice and the symbolic aspects of the egg spell, as described, but those are physical, psychological, and emotionally-driven . . . all valid options for weight loss, but I am curious, if anyone has ever cast a spell to cause someone else to lose or gain weight?  I am not saying that a person cannot use a spell to lose weight; on the contrary I have done so, but anyone would benefit from more exercise or even from the positive affirmation of watching the candle.  Such acts can have a magical, if you believe it, you can achieve it, aspect to them, but impacting the weight loss goals of others goes beyond that.  I am not talking about being paid to physically control someone's food intake or making fun of someone to make them not want to eat.  I am curious, if you have enlisted the help of others, or cast a spell for someone else for benefit or bane.

#88 Michele

Michele

The Exiled Goddess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,002 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

IN this type of working I am more for magic for "control" of the self - determination, desire, will - than for an un-specified "weight-loss" spell. I have done spells and made charms for support of a thing (sticking to a routine, exercise, eating-plan, determination to see it through, etc.) and to enforce my desire to keep at it, but not just for "weight loss" as that leaves it rather open-ended for me. I don't think magic will "magically" change the physical attributes of a thing. So it has to find a way to work. So magic can be used to support a weight-loss plan I am doing, to effect the mind, or it can be used to introduce disease, or opportunity, etc. So if I do a spell to support my desire to lose weight, then opportunities to do so will keep popping up - a friend who wants to work out together, or diet together, or a strength or will or of character, or even a sudden desire to go on a diet. If I do a spell for unspecified weight loss only, the above could happen, or one could get sick and lose their appetite. But magic will find a WAY... so it is up to me to direct that way. To my mind, magic in and of itself will not suddenly change the physical thing, or I'd turn my Kia into a Lambourgini, lol. Magic will only introduce  something else that will support and/or effect the physical thing or the desire to change it.

Long before I actually got into craft a girl at school told me of this "cool new diet" she had founf wherein one drew an "upside-down" pentagram on their body every night of the waning moon and recited "as the moon wanes, so will I".  I, personally, think that's a rather dangerous thing to do. Although it has a time-frame, it has no direction as to the health of the situation for the witch.

M

Edited by Michele, 25 July 2013 - 11:20 AM.

#89 Sylvan

Sylvan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:07 AM

So, I failed at my weight loss the last time I posted here. I just didn't feel safe enough in the situation I was in and realized my fat was part of my shielding. I am even fatter now. :/

However! I am in a new, better situation and feel ready to tackle this again, magically and mundanely.

Something got me thinking the other day....all of those public races like "Walk for a Cure," etc.--there is something kind of magic about those. A big group of people direct certain energy (via exercise) towards a specific goal. As a result, I wonder--could you use your own fat (stored energy) as fuel for magical working, tie your weight loss or the energy expenditure in exercise to a goal? A long term, ongoing spell sort of thing. Is this wacko?

Cause I don't feel like weight loss is the only goal here--there is a whole new life I am building up and being thinner and feeling more fit is just one part of it--perhaps I could view the exercise/diet changes I would need to make as a part toward manifesting the whole...has anyone ever thought of or tried this?

THE untold want, by life and land ne’er granted,
Now, Voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.

Posted Image

#90 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:17 AM

I have never had the need but nothing is wacko if it works.  You could also make your food in a specific crafted way towards your goal, you could make a charm to wear while you exercise, and even add a destination that is meaningful to do a little crafting during your exercise. Like hiking up a mountain, doing your work or communing with the place to strengthen the spirit and your purpose and then resuming your exercise.  

#91 Sylvan

Sylvan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:26 AM

I have never had the need but nothing is wacko if it works.  You could also make your food in a specific crafted way towards your goal, you could make a charm to wear while you exercise, and even add a destination that is meaningful to do a little crafting during your exercise. Like hiking up a mountain, doing your work or communing with the place to strengthen the spirit and your purpose and then resuming your exercise.  

These are wonderful ideas Whiterose. Before my son I never had much of a need either. In fact, only twice total in my life (including now) have I ever gotten beyond my normal weight parameters and both times it was for deeper reasons than just food/diet choices. It is something emotional/spiritual for me, protection and safety, and a kind of necessary social withdrawal.

I love the charm ideas! And I just had a big revelation about food today (that the reason I never learned to cook as a kid/teenager was that I didn't like any of the food I grew up on!) 

Another one I thought of was keeping track of miles ran/swam/walked and saving$ to take a trip to match the distance--like say, a trip to Ireland. That is more gimmicky than magical though, but you get my line of thinking. I have a need for this whole process to be really creative and layered and not just about following some exercise plan.

**Edited to add that I am also really pre-occupied with the notion that fat is literally fuel and surely "burning" that fuel could be magically directed toward a purpose.

Edited by Sylvan, 11 August 2013 - 01:42 AM.

Posted Image

#92 Davenport

Davenport

Witch Of The Seven Hills

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:31 AM

Oh dairy is to good to give up! Cheese is like my best friend. Someday I will develop Lactokinesis and just float cheeses of various stinkiness straight into my mouth.

#93 Whiterose

Whiterose

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,713 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:50 AM

These are wonderful ideas Whiterose. Before my son I never had much of a need either. In fact, only twice total in my life (including now) have I ever gotten beyond my normal weight parameters and both times it was for deeper reasons than just food/diet choices. It is something emotional/spiritual for me, protection and safety, and a kind of necessary social withdrawal.

I love the charm ideas! And I just had a big revelation about food today (that the reason I never learned to cook as a kid/teenager was that I didn't like any of the food I grew up on!) 

Another one I thought of was keeping track of miles ran/swam/walked and saving$ to take a trip to match the distance--like say, a trip to Ireland. That is more gimmicky than magical though, but you get my line of thinking. I have a need for this whole process to be really creative and layered and not just about following some exercise plan.

It sounds like something is out of balance. Something is holding you back from reaching your goal and its probably on the spiritual level. If you feel unsafe or unhappy, I would fix that first before I worry about the weight because it sounds like its your defense mechanism. Maybe making positive spiritual connections outside of your immediate situation/circle would be helpful. 

#94 Sylvan

Sylvan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:57 AM

It sounds like something is out of balance. Something is holding you back from reaching your goal and its probably on the spiritual level. If you feel unsafe or unhappy, I would fix that first before I worry about the weight because it sounds like its your defense mechanism. Maybe making positive spiriItual connections outside of your immediate situation/circle would be helpful. 

Yes, I completely agree; it's good to hear it from someone else though. ;)  I am not going to force the weight thing, timing-wise, but it is part of the greater puzzle..

Posted Image

#95 Wexler

Wexler

Something wrong? Blame retrograde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:12 PM

Something got me thinking the other day....all of those public races like "Walk for a Cure," etc.--there is something kind of magic about those. A big group of people direct certain energy (via exercise) towards a specific goal. As a result, I wonder--could you use your own fat (stored energy) as fuel for magical working, tie your weight loss or the energy expenditure in exercise to a goal? A long term, ongoing spell sort of thing. Is this wacko?

This is a very interesting idea. Perhaps a working that is activated and released when you lose weight, but goes dormant otherwise?

If for you, fat is a protector, then perhaps your spell could be tied to protection (as you burn fat, it fuels a spell for protection, thus leaving you no less protected than when the fat was on your body). Or, something related to no longer needing protection, like finding new experiences, branching out, et cetera. 

'Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.'

'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.'

[avatar source]

#96 RoseRed

RoseRed

. . . Not a big believer in . . . cowinkydink ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:07 PM

If for you, fat is a protector, then perhaps your spell could be tied to protection (as you burn fat, it fuels a spell for protection, thus leaving you no less protected than when the fat was on your body).

Awesome idea!

When my wings get tired I grab my broom.

#97 Sylvan

Sylvan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:18 PM

This is a very interesting idea. Perhaps a working that is activated and released when you lose weight, but goes dormant otherwise?

If for you, fat is a protector, then perhaps your spell could be tied to protection (as you burn fat, it fuels a spell for protection, thus leaving you no less protected than when the fat was on your body). Or, something related to no longer needing protection, like finding new experiences, branching out, et cetera. 

Another great idea, thank you!

Posted Image

#98 witchywolf

witchywolf

Advanced Member

• Seekers
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

idk about herbs, i know there are some out there. but you seem to have the same problem i did, in a sense.

i was taking acid reflux pills for not even a week, and i got all side effect short of a heart attack and stroke (and i read the side effects after so i wasn't mentally thinking they could happen before hand). so i had to get the toxins out of my system quickly and safely, and then you can begin on building blocks to get back on track in a safe manner. i've noticed that some herbs have a more laxitve effect and they're classifed as weight loss herbs, while effective they aren't always safe if you're not hyrdrating yourself properly.

what i did, was take Silenium and Vitamin E. Selnium is something you should have in your diet everyday, and you're supposed to get it in your food from the earth. it will not work properly without vitamin e-it won't hurt you, it just won't give you the desired results. then i took a epson salt and hydrogen peroxide bath. all the peroxide does and nutralize the water so if you're not comfortable with that then epson salt works just fine :) but nothing else can be in the water, no soaps or perfumes. i had to only bath once,but depending on how long you were on the meds you may have to take them longer.

What these do is bind and drain the chemicals from your body properly and in a safe manner. i feel more comfortable with supplements that we're supposed to have in our bodies already instead of herbs that could possibly react with the chemicals in your body (and normally i'm all for herbs but you just never know).

Once you are back to sqaure one and clean you can start introducing healthy things to your body again :) what worked for me is Alpha Lapoic Acid (in pill form) and Niacin (the no flush kind, never get slow release either).

Alpha Lapoic Acid balances everything in your body-from blood sugars, to blood pressure, your thyroid, whuch balances your hormones, which in turn helps you to lose weight safely. Niacin is something i take when i'm feel like i'm dragging a little, it's very much recomended for diabetes.

this combination also cured me of a pork allergy i had. now i can eat it no problem :)

This is just what i personally did, i am in no means a doctor, and this isn't for everyone. i've done my research however and i encourage you to do yours before you proceed, if you decide this method may be an option. i hope everything works out for you :)

#99 CelticGypsy

CelticGypsy

Crazy NastyAss Honey Badger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:05 AM

idk about herbs, i know there are some out there. but you seem to have the same problem i did, in a sense.

i was taking acid reflux pills for not even a week, and i got all side effect short of a heart attack and stroke (and i read the side effects after so i wasn't mentally thinking they could happen before hand). so i had to get the toxins out of my system quickly and safely, and then you can begin on building blocks to get back on track in a safe manner. i've noticed that some herbs have a more laxitve effect and they're classifed as weight loss herbs, while effective they aren't always safe if you're not hyrdrating yourself properly.

what i did, was take Silenium and Vitamin E. Selnium is something you should have in your diet everyday, and you're supposed to get it in your food from the earth. it will not work properly without vitamin e-it won't hurt you, it just won't give you the desired results. then i took a epson salt and hydrogen peroxide bath. all the peroxide does and nutralize the water so if you're not comfortable with that then epson salt works just fine :smile: but nothing else can be in the water, no soaps or perfumes. i had to only bath once,but depending on how long you were on the meds you may have to take them longer.

What these do is bind and drain the chemicals from your body properly and in a safe manner. i feel more comfortable with supplements that we're supposed to have in our bodies already instead of herbs that could possibly react with the chemicals in your body (and normally i'm all for herbs but you just never know).

Once you are back to sqaure one and clean you can start introducing healthy things to your body again :smile: what worked for me is Alpha Lapoic Acid (in pill form) and Niacin (the no flush kind, never get slow release either).

Alpha Lapoic Acid balances everything in your body-from blood sugars, to blood pressure, your thyroid, whuch balances your hormones, which in turn helps you to lose weight safely. Niacin is something i take when i'm feel like i'm dragging a little, it's very much recomended for diabetes.

this combination also cured me of a pork allergy i had. now i can eat it no problem :smile:

This is just what i personally did, i am in no means a doctor, and this isn't for everyone. i've done my research however and i encourage you to do yours before you proceed, if you decide this method may be an option. i hope everything works out for you :smile:

I can appreciate this experience you've shared WitchyWolf, and the safety remarks as well.  I've had good fortune with Milk Thistle, as a daily herb vitamin for myself as it assists the liver as well.

I  raise my eyebrows at the combination of the Epsom salts and hydrogen peroxide, what was the ratio of both properties ?  Can you share that

as I would be concerned about my lovely " Bits " in that combination, the salt I can give a nod to, but the peroxide ?  Thank you. :smile:

Regards,

Gypsy 

Edited by CelticGypsy, 05 September 2013 - 12:05 AM.

" The last thing you wanted a Witch to do is get bored and start making her own amusements, because Witches sometimes have erratically famous ideas about what was amusing "

Terry Pratchett Legends 1